Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Special Rounds
I like having special rounds, they're a fun little distraction that can help add a bit of variety. However, it feels like quite a few of the possible special rounds just aren't fun, or are so one sided that they aren't enjoyable.

Any of the ones that mess with perspective are just a pain. worse yet, they're heavily imbalanced in the traitors' favor if they decide to mass buy manhacks as the disorientated innos will have an extremely hard time combating these auto aiming deathbots.

Even the modes that are fun have some issues. Infected for example, the optimal way to win as a survivor is to hole up in a secluded part of the map few know about, meaning the best way to go about winning is to sit in a secret room doing absolutely nothing all game. Maybe if infected had a number of lives they could run out of that gets increased with each infection so survivors had another way of winning other than waiting out the clock? Even then, this mode can be utterly ruined by the map.

It'd be neat to see more special rounds that enhance regular ttt rather than replacing it. Maybe a round where everyone spawns with a random shop item, both detective or traitor. Maybe a round where everyone's weapons get replaced with a randomly chosen weapon that they can't drop, meaning everyone has to do the best with what they're given. Maybe a round where innocent and traitor roles are reversed, i.e. traitors outnumber innos from the start but don't know who other traitors are, innocents can see the other innocents but it's still the traitors that can buy stuff, basically remove traitors' shop and give it to the innocents for a round.

That said, rounds that are their own thing can be fun too, such as several of the ones we already have. I know I heard someone mention something like it before, but on a server I used to frequent before the community collapsed we had a jihad round, where everyone spawned with a jihad and getting a kill let you respawn effectively giving you another life and letting the game continue, last man standing wins. Maybe we can make a redlight-greenlight gamemode similar to simon says, where players can only move while the light is green or die.

Messages In This Thread
Special Rounds - by AmazingCrimsonDragon - 01-14-2018, 05:41 PM
RE: Special Rounds - by EpicGuy - 01-14-2018, 05:47 PM
RE: Special Rounds - by Milk Man - 01-14-2018, 06:01 PM
RE: Special Rounds - by ˗ˏˋ RAE ˎˊ˗ - 01-14-2018, 06:02 PM
RE: Special Rounds - by [black]Tronald - 01-14-2018, 08:00 PM
RE: Special Rounds - by Burrito Bowl - 01-14-2018, 08:52 PM
RE: Special Rounds - by King Tiger Ace Fasda22 - 01-15-2018, 05:40 AM
RE: Special Rounds - by Jerminator00 - 01-15-2018, 02:07 PM