Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The server is declining in quality. We need to talk.
Please read the entire post before replying. I do expect this to raise some eyebrows, but I'm not trying to start a huge argument.
I'm trying my best to not make this thread about me, but as a community, as a whole. If I don't go into detail on something, it is because if I do I will get personal.
First off, this isn't directly related to me being banned. I decided since I'm taking a leave from the server for a week, I would just have a lengthy discussion on this. And I've been meaning to have this for a while.

The server's quality is declining. Fast. I'm not trying to disrespect anyone or anything, it's just a concern for the server I used to love so much. What's happening?
Some disagree with me on this. And that's fine, it really is a perspective thing. But there are those people who have also played for as long as I have and agree.

When I was on this server for the first time, I think way back when I was just 13, this server was excellent. Great staff, no drama, no BS. You had a thriving, fun community to play in and always felt welcome no matter what you were. You had a bunch of familiar faces who logged on every single day and we had a bunch of fun with them. 
But now I am nearing 18 and am a high school graduate. Now when I connect, those familiar faces are gone. There are no more people who regularly connect and are loyal to the server. Instead, you have a bunch of guests and randoms. I mean, that's good- having a community expand is great toward the server. But these guests connect once and just don't come back.

Staff is declining in quality along with the server. Statistically, they used to be on all the time, and you pretty much had the whole staff team playing. Now, there's rarely any on, and when there are, there's like 1-2 staff members and they don't nearly do as great a job. Don't get me wrong- some staff do as they always have- but then you have other staff who are disrespectful toward players and just don't care, people like t-mods who blatantly use cheats and get away with it. 
Some other staff that used to be on are just in, like, a club. They play games together, ignoring server duties. It makes me wonder how they haven't gotten demoted for being inactive.
There's staff who are banning people willy-nilly with little to no evidence (and i am NOT talking about my ban- i understand mine). Even sometimes staff handling their own situations and banning the person who somehow concerns them, which is the equivalent of handling your own report. It's.. it's just stupid.
Staff expect respect, yet only give off disrespect. In fact, here's a video of Scoovie saying he could ban me for no reason and get away with it.
They all hold grudges and draw conclusions about everything, even grudges that have lasted for years.
There's an extreme bias with staff, and some staff can get away with things that non-staff cannot. Sometimes Trusted's and Moderators just RDM me for no reason. I don't report because I'm not petty, but it does go on.
Related to the video is the main, base problem in staff: disagreement. All staff agree that the -er ending of the n word is bad, but it's a half/half problem with the -a ending. Half agree it's fine, the other half disagree.
The same appears to go for rules: half the staff abide by traditional rules, half the staff are aware of new rules put into effect. 
And when new rules do go into effect, there's really no warning. You're just expected to know them immediately. Not everyone keeps up-to-date on the forums, in fact not everyone even has a forum account.

I hope this server can improve and get better. I really loved this server, but now it just hurts to stay online and see the community I used to love so much be deteriorated by internal problems.
Good luck and good vibes everyone.
[Image: laXmwYH.gif]

Messages In This Thread
The server is declining in quality. We need to talk. - by Setro - 06-25-2018, 06:23 PM