Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The TTT Dump
There's a line between taking the piss out of someone and harassment. What I may think is someone taking the piss out of someone, the victim may feel that they were harassed. If you feel that you're being harassed, report it. If nothing is being done about it, keep reporting it. Tell us if something is wrong. If nothing is being done, tell me, and I'll make sure something is done. If you find that what we did was unsatisfactory, keep telling us. I refuse to be the thought police, and I refuse to be a mind reader. But every player is guaranteed the right to a fun environment where they feel welcome.

Foxka, thank you for your post. I think you and I both know that harassment has no place in our server. If you felt like the harassment would stop then pick up again, why didn't you tell anybody (unless you did and I missed it. [That's probably more likely])? I'm sure if you told us, we could have ended any problems on the server. I wasn't aware of any recent harassment.

Summer, thanks for your post. I won't lie. Your abuse thread against Exiled fell through the cracks. We spent our time talking about ReThink's behavior in that thread, rather than the reason why the thread was made in the first place. I'd like to personally apologize for that. I do agree with you in that each person's tolerance to harassment is different. I'll use Guru as the example because he made this thread. If Guru finds someone's, say text hat, offensive, he should let us know, because we're not Guru. What I may not find offensive, someone else might. If you feel that something has encroached your line of comfort, let a staff member know.

Painguin, thanks for posting. While I won't comment on your opinion of Guru's play style, I will thank you for posting the link to the ban request Guru made. This is a great example of what to do when you feel harassed. Make a post, gather evidence, and most importantly, bring it to our attention.

Nicky, thanks for posting. I agree that we as staff should be more committed to letting each other know what is going on. It's not hard to write down a player's name, Steam ID, and what they did, so we can let the other staff members know who the potential problem players are before things get out of hand. I think we should start doing this immediately.

Again, I'd like to thank each person for posting on this thread. I'd like to thank Guru again for posting this thread and shining a light on a problem that has slowly manifested itself. I will leave you with this thread made by former Admin, Drew, that still is applicable more than a year later: https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...g-Harassed

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
The TTT Dump - by Guru Drak - 07-14-2018, 06:36 PM
RE: The TTT Dump - by Jimbo - 07-14-2018, 06:50 PM
RE: The TTT Dump - by EpicGuy - 07-14-2018, 06:57 PM
RE: The TTT Dump - by Foxka - 07-14-2018, 09:53 PM
RE: The TTT Dump - by Dolphin - 07-14-2018, 10:19 PM
RE: The TTT Dump - by Jimbo - 07-14-2018, 11:48 PM
RE: The TTT Dump - by Summer - 07-15-2018, 01:28 AM
RE: The TTT Dump - by Painguin - 07-15-2018, 02:59 PM
RE: The TTT Dump - by EpicGuy - 07-15-2018, 08:18 PM
RE: The TTT Dump - by Summer - 07-16-2018, 11:34 PM