Poll: Remove ttt_outpost31
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes.
63.64%
7 63.64%
No.
36.36%
4 36.36%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ttt_outpost31
Hey all.

Recently, it's come to my attention that certain maps seem to mess with, or completely break, playermodels. (looking at you, ttt_vault.)

The map in particular that I'm making this thread on is ttt_outpost31.

Now, this map is notorious for breaking playermodels, whether it be making them T-pose, or just making them completely invisible.

@Dildo Shwaggins has already made a thread on this, but it didn't seem to gather enough attention to be able to have a legitimate discussion on it, which is why I am now making this thread.

Now, Shwaggins has provided the evidence in his thread (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...t-glitches) that I'm now going to be using here. In other words, I stole your screenshots, Shwaggins. Thanks!

[Image: WKkph1w.jpg]
[Image: nwDPpku.jpg]

Now, as you can see in the screenshots above, RibbedforHisPleasure is complaining about not being able to see anyone, and PutinSpotted has been "spotted" T-posing. (I'll take my award now, tyvm)

This is obviously a problem, and one that's gone unaddressed for a while. On his thread about the map, Shwaggins says that it has led to people RDMing because they cannot see people and they thought the other person had a Cloaking Device. I don't think I need to explain why that's a problem.

(note: this part is entirely my opinion, don't slaughter me for it.) In addition to the actual bugs this map presents, it's just a bad map overall. Don't get me wrong, I love the movie "The Thing" as much as the next guy, but did we really need a map that perfectly recreates not being able to see your own hand in front of your fucking face while you're outside? Not to mention the ridiculously small hallways. I've gotten trapped in a hallway with about 8 other people who simply refuse to move, and we got taken out by a Holy. Oh, and God forbid you're a T, and you prefer sniping people. @"Guru Drak" has nightmares about this map.  

What I'm calling for is a complete removal of the map, or, if we have any members of the community that can possibly fix it, then do that instead. Replace it with one of the many maps from the TTT Summer Maps Suggestion thread. 

Or don't. I don't really care. That's why I made this ridiculously long thread.

Let me know what you guys think about this.

Messages In This Thread
ttt_outpost31 - by Laced Xanax - 09-17-2018, 03:19 PM
RE: ttt_outpost31 - by Guru Drak - 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
RE: ttt_outpost31 - by Laced Xanax - 09-17-2018, 05:56 PM
RE: ttt_outpost31 - by Jimbo - 09-17-2018, 06:07 PM
RE: ttt_outpost31 - by Guru Drak - 09-17-2018, 06:39 PM
RE: ttt_outpost31 - by Jimbo - 09-17-2018, 10:06 PM
RE: ttt_outpost31 - by Laced Xanax - 09-18-2018, 08:22 AM
RE: ttt_outpost31 - by Jimbo - 09-18-2018, 10:45 AM
RE: ttt_outpost31 - by Loganater - 09-18-2018, 02:08 PM
RE: ttt_outpost31 - by Laced Xanax - 09-18-2018, 02:35 PM
RE: ttt_outpost31 - by Swartsy - 09-18-2018, 02:37 PM