Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grappling Hook Exploit Hypocrisy
To preface this thread, yes, I do use the grappling hook exploit quite often, but I only use it to have fun and fly around the map.

I have a problem with how the grappling hook exploit is currently being handled by staff. There's another form of the exploit that a good portion of the staff seems to dismiss as insignificant, but the use of this form is more game altering than the one I use; I'm talking about a similar exploit where a player being grappled can hold "space" and "s" to completely negate the grappling hook by remaining completely stationary, regardless of what the person using the grappling hook does. This has game altering effects: for example, if a traitor tries to pull an innocent or detective off of a building, such as on rooftops, the person getting grappled can completely negate it, remain stationary, and call out or kill the traitor using the grappling hook. This happens more often than you might think. 

I usually like to use the grappling hook on maps where I can pull people off as a traitor, and now, since the exploit has been popularized, it's a rare occurrence to actually be able to pull people off with the grappling hook. It's not just regular users that utilize the exploit either. I'm usually on when Jimbo and Laced Xanax are on, and every single time I've tried to use the grappling hook on them, they've used the exploit to their advantage. The only staff that I've used the grappling hook on that hasn't used the exploit is good boy Lycan. What's even more infuriating is that the staff members that usually grill me for using the exploit to fly around are the ones that use the exploit in their favor when being grappled, specifically Jimbo and Laced Xanax. 

I have a solution to fix this problem: make all of it OK or none of it OK. Either allow people to use the grappling hook exploit freely, in both forms, or crack down on people that use all forms of the grappling hook exploit. Personally, I think that the way I use it, the way that allows you to be spider-man at mach 1, is less game altering than the form that allows you to negate the grappling hook in its entirety, mainly because it leaves you very vulnerable at intervals where you're floating still in mid air waiting for the next boost, compared to basically no downsides of using the exploit in your favor to negate the grappling hook.
( ͡°_ʖ ͡°)

Messages In This Thread
Grappling Hook Exploit Hypocrisy - by Trombowen - 10-16-2018, 10:33 AM
RE: Grappling Hook Exploit Hypocrisy - by Swartsy - 10-16-2018, 11:38 AM
RE: Grappling Hook Exploit Hypocrisy - by Swartsy - 10-16-2018, 12:48 PM
RE: Grappling Hook Exploit Hypocrisy - by Swartsy - 10-17-2018, 03:52 AM
RE: Grappling Hook Exploit Hypocrisy - by Swartsy - 10-17-2018, 05:40 PM
RE: Grappling Hook Exploit Hypocrisy - by Foxka - 10-17-2018, 08:54 PM
RE: Grappling Hook Exploit Hypocrisy - by Jimbo - 10-19-2018, 03:05 PM