Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Responses to Staff Apps PH
For me, if you look at the latest staff applications, I say they follow/know the rules both implying the same thing. The reason why I say this, even though the statement does not offer much feedback, is that there is a major difference between knowing the rules, and following them. I make sure that the user knows that their character/acts on the server have been noticed by staff members. If they have not, I let them know otherwise. Most of the individuals on the server already know the basic rules but following the rules are of a major different issue. If you need examples of such things, I am betting the ban logs show ample evidence of those that knew the rules but decided to go their own way.

I try to give some sort of feedback on each application, unban request, and I can agree that it can be frustrating if there is little to no feedback. However, sometimes you get an individual that applies that you or many other cannot give feedback on as they are already qualified for the role and they already do everything well or they applied for staff previously but failed to achieve the role they wished and were denied. If the person fixed their issues from their previous staff application, or are already qualified, it can be very difficult to give more than just a single line of feedback and vote. I am not saying that "+1 is cool" should be allowed to become commonplace but there is a big difference of that and "+1 fixed previous issues and maintained great character", "+1 is over qualified for the role, follows rules, should be given rank" or "+0 do not know you very well".

If moving forward, we should be careful with deleting/moderating staff application votes/feedback. Staff applications have been denied for lack of community support and with the forever need of staff and new faces for the forever-evolving server community, it would be unpleasant if a potential staff member was denied because another overzealous staff member deleted votes/feedback that were deemed unfulfilling or lacking.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army

Messages In This Thread
RE: Responses to Staff Apps PH - by JustKuono - 12-24-2018, 11:07 PM
RE: Responses to Staff Apps PH - by ding - 12-24-2018, 11:20 PM
RE: Responses to Staff Apps PH - by ✩Hani - 12-24-2018, 11:41 PM
RE: Responses to Staff Apps PH - by Smurfmin - 12-24-2018, 11:51 PM
RE: Responses to Staff Apps PH - by Sharky - 12-25-2018, 12:00 AM
RE: Responses to Staff Apps PH - by Old Man Voss - 12-25-2018, 08:56 AM