Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dink's Rewind 2019 & my 2020 outlook
I'm not going to respond to Mother Nuru's post directly because it's very long, but brings up some good points.

Firstly, I want to say that I can see how Gabe’s post could be considered power hungry, but I don’t personally see it. Secondly, Gabe can't speak on PropHunt issues because Gabe isn't on PropHunt enough to speak on those issues. Could Gabe have renamed the name of this thread to something less vague? Absolutely. But did Gabe have to? Not necessarily. There really isn’t a TTT or PH sub-sub forum in this sub forum. Not trying to be hostile, just what I’m thinking about out loud... over the Internet.

That being said, I do agree that a harder stance should be taken with the extreme stupidity that goes on in the discord server. Personally, I think the discord server should be shut down, burned, and all traces of it removed from our memory, but obviously that won't be happening any time soon, if ever. I'm going to say something somewhat controversial by saying that a large amount of the issues came when the discord server was introduced. I'm also going to say with confidence that the majority of the problems that happened in discord made their way to the server (the TTT server. I don’t know about PropHunt) and caused more problems with more people than the people originally involved. I understand that the discord server is there for fun outside of GMod where friends can just hang out and talk about whatever, but a line has to be drawn somewhere.

The strike system Mother Nuru and Hani brought up are great first steps, IF it’s actually going to be enforced, and enforced fairly. Now this is actually going to require TTT and PropHunt Admins to work together. If some idiot is being an idiot on the PropHunt side of the discord server, and they're being warned over there, then obviously those warnings need to carry over to the TTT side and vice versa. I understand it's hard to moderate 2,000+ people in a discord server, but if we're going to use it, it's going to have to be moderated, fairly.

TL;DR: Gabe sucks, Discord sucks, people in general suck.

Messages In This Thread
Dink's Rewind 2019 & my 2020 outlook - by Gabe - 01-01-2020, 10:50 PM
RE: Dink's Rewind 2019 & my 2020 outlook - by Avi - 01-02-2020, 12:33 AM
RE: Dink's Rewind 2019 & my 2020 outlook - by EpicGuy - 01-03-2020, 01:44 AM