Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Community Toxicity Bans. The Follow Up.
Well, I in the forums I haven't been the most vocal, mostly because I have been busy like many other people and the day this all went down was one of my first days in my dorm. 
Moving on, I have had some time not being involved in any of this. I mean the stuff I did was a month before this went down, and I hadn't really been active anywhere inbetween those times. So I think I have had some time to look at this ummm with more calmness????? I'm a psych major and thats something we are working on is how to not fall into flaws of intuition. So, right now I can really understand how this happened, and people nitpicking how things are phrased probably should stop. The idea for the ban was to draw a line the problem was that the line needed be drawn way sooner and many people had already crossed it. These people were then confused because they were getting in trouble for a line that was either previously nonexistent or to them it was at the maximum hazy and inconsistent. 
My issue is that I don't even think I was one of these people. I wont go into my conversation that resulted in what  I believe to be a misspoken but it was still said.  It is not okay to literally tell people their opinions are wrong because they disagree. If you look at this it's insane. I think I get the point, that you can go too far but really? Better phrasing would have been appreciated. 
On the second thing that was "evidence" that I got in trouble for. My comment in a private discord that was made about a faux post on a staff app was completely a joke. Maybe a bad joke, but what wasn't seen was that I was in a call and I was trying to make the worst possible reply to said staff app. It was more of an example of what toxicity would look like than anything else. I also can see how this would be misinterpreted.
Which leads my to my final thing. No one asked me. No one warned me. I didn't even think any community-wide toxicity notices were directed in my general direction.  I've always tried to not be toxic in-game. I mean to go through my forums post. I have never even really been a shitposter. In the end, I have been unbanned which is very much appreciated, and this may sound selfish but I was also demoted. I realize that I was a Dtmod and never earned staff like many other people who have worked hard, but my rank meant I could go on the server whenever and help people. It was something that, while I may have made jokes about being inactive, I always had a reason to come back. Something that tied me to the server and the community as a whole. 
This is not a goodbye post or whatever, but you probably won't see me around as much. 
Thanks for reading; sorry for rambling; oh and sorry for the fragments and punctuation errors; I didn't proofread. 

Oh my god this is hard to read good luck fk me
It is not okay to literally tell people their opinions are wrong because they disagree.

Messages In This Thread
Community Toxicity Bans. The Follow Up. - by Gabe - 09-06-2019, 04:56 PM
RE: Community Toxicity Bans. The Follow Up. - by TDawg4 - 09-07-2019, 07:11 PM