Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TTT Weapon Balancing Discussion
I'm not sure what the goal is for weapon tweaking is, but if one of them is realism, throw it out the window. No weapon should strive for realism rather than balance. If both can be achieved, great, but if not, scrap realism.

With that said, Herp is absolutely right. The issue isn't that every gun is terrible, it's that a select few are ridiculously optimal over situational. I'd say every weapon aside from about three or four are well-rounded- the four being the striker, vector, s&w, and possibly the ares with its headshot multiplier. The problem with having a loadout feature is that not many people will use it on a per map basis rather than a static set that's all around very powerful.

On top of accuracy nerfs, I'd like to see a slower reload animation on certain weapons, the S&W namely. The vector could use tweaks between a very large area. I can't say where all the issues are in the coding itself, but the fire rate, accuracy, spread, and other aspects need to be addressed.

Rather than seeing how all the weapons interact with each other, take it slow and watch how a single one impacts the functionality of the others. Go for small updates over a course of time rather than a handful of changes in one sitting; I would say it gives time for the community to judge the weapon in relation to the others as time passes.
  • The Vector had a very minor increase with its fire rate, only increasing by .005. The nerf was very minor, and there wasn't too much of a focus on what makes it great. It was still pretty strong.
  • The AK-47, SG, Famas, and Galil turned into railguns with equivalent fire rate of the Vector coupled with more damage. These were absolute monsters.
  • The pistols felt pretty standard, the typical only use when you've ran out of primary ammo. Never get to playing with them much.
  • I've heard a few guests complaining about the default shotgun. It's a very noob friendly weapon that I think should still fit the meta in one way or another for new players. The shotgun that could use some interest is the locomotive.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TTT Weapon Balancing Discussion - by Meeemo - 10-18-2019, 07:31 AM
RE: TTT Weapon Balancing Discussion - by Connar - 10-18-2019, 03:54 PM
RE: TTT Weapon Balancing Discussion - by Herp - 10-19-2019, 01:39 PM
RE: TTT Weapon Balancing Discussion - by Mike Phat Hawk - 10-19-2019, 06:10 PM
RE: TTT Weapon Balancing Discussion - by tjs65 - 10-19-2019, 10:45 PM
RE: TTT Weapon Balancing Discussion - by Summer - 10-21-2019, 02:38 PM