Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
door staff app
Just so we're clear: there is ZERO obligation for anyone to be constantly staffing while they are not staff. In fact, 'donor staffing' was so frowned upon it became a meme.

With that out of the way, Deer-ly has still done her part in gathering evidence for ban requests whenever/however she can and I think arguing against that is a really stupid and moot point (look at the ban request section LOL.) MY primary concern of this application is that you are claiming to want access to !queue and to not actually want to help the community. This makes perfect sense to me for those reasons considering your history here, of course. Personally, I think you would be much happier with Donor or Donor+ than you would as staff because then you would be expected to do staffing stuff and care for the community etc. I would still support your application for trusted if that's what you sincerely want, otherwise obvious support for Donor/Donor+.

Best of luck on your app!
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(05-07-2024, 04:10 PM)Foxka Wrote: MY primary concern of this application is that you are claiming to want access to !queue and to not actually want to help the community. This makes perfect sense to me for those reasons considering your history here, of course. Personally, I think you would be much happier with Donor or Donor+ than you would as staff because then you would be expected to do staffing stuff and care for the community etc. I would still support your application for trusted if that's what you sincerely want, otherwise obvious support for Donor/Donor+.

After talking to foxka and Ryan in discord I feel as if I'm not being clear enough? I really don't know.

This is a staff app, I am willing to take on the responsability that trusted gives to someone. This is not just because I want !queue, please do not continue with the "you would be happier with donor". I'm merely being honest that that command is why I applied and am willing to apply myself to the server. Some people buy donor just for staff commands. like foxka's donor staff meme refrence its still relavent today. The fact of when i first joined Ph and a donor refered to themselves as "the nightly janitor" proves that.

This is a genuine attempt at applying myself to the community again, if you want me to be brutaly honest I don't think the community deserves my help in anyway. I should continue playing how i currently am and just refuse to help when its asked of me. I will still happily make cosmetics as i enjoy doing that but I'm not going to be told to act more professinal or to build trust when im the last person that should have to do that. This staff app is the choice between staff and donor, I do not wish try try more than twice for this community.

I fully understand you can't just "take your word for it" when i say i will change, But I am also telling you I will not change just to earn some suck up points for +1's. Either you agree with my sentiment of "I'm not staff and will not staff without a staff rank" or you don't. I think? With the dms I recive overtime from this app I understand less and less. I'm not going to continue to repeat myself though. So just one more time:

I will not force myself help with mass rdm reports, hackers, or tollers outside of a staff ping with their id's without it being a duty/responsobility of mine. 
:( image broke
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | My emotinal support cat Green Bean | Smiling Over Orange City (spotify)
(05-07-2024, 01:09 PM)ratty Wrote: hey deerly, I'll have to -1 for the reasons others have stated as well as when on the server I feel like you get rdm reported sometimes multiple maps in a row, which is not usual for most staff. I think you may troll too much with shooting people for random reasons, or something else im not sure. It seems like donor is what you really want anyways and I know for sure people here would help you get it!

This is just a disclaimer- this is my dinkleadvice to you that I'm going to work off of rats post.
I agree with ratty's point on you rdming / trolling quite frequently. I did read your response to that- It's just that recently you made a player upset with the frequency of rdm, and I've heard from others that they don't quite enjoy you doing so. You hold no malicious intent though so it's not a big deal and as you said, is an easy behavior fix. Imo though, it's just good to take some initiative and ease back a bit. Not saying you can't have fun, you're not staff I get it, but if it takes away from other players enjoyment as well- it's just good to put things into perspective.

Also, just a few days ago you weren't aware that traitors giving innos T weapons was teaming. About the same time I also heard you say you weren't trying to read all of the rules. Idk if you were just saying this and have read the rules- if that's the case we can just ignore this part :)

Anyways, I think you're a well rounded individual so I'm sure you'd be good staff.  btw u are in my dinkleclique ^_^ joke
idk how people aren't getting the joke, my staff apps have always said I want more power to abuse staff commands.
It is ok to not want to do a lot of staffing-related things while not staff and pinging for help or giving info/steam ids is already more effort than most players. I don't have much activity nor do I interact with you very often, but after seeing some of your interactions with some players I think I will -1 for now. Egging into trolls can be fun, but when topics devolve a little too much into unsavory things it can be uncomfortable and a bad move. good luck tho.
I think you would be fine staff if you just worked on being careful who you rdm, I think I mentioned this to you the other day. Some players like friends might not mind you rdming them like myself. I dont really care much about being rdmed on here that much nowadays between friends lol. Eitherway I'm sure you will do fine as staff so I actually hope you get the position, 1+.
So I know what I said in DMs about the rdming thing not being a big deal, but I didn't get the vibe that you were being reported multiple times over maps. I'd say go a month with that being cut down and reapply. Making changes to show seriousness for something is important. Plus you oftentimes respond to people in unsavory ways that rub me the wrong way even for things that are pretty much entirely non-issues, and I could see that reflecting in staffing. -1 for now
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
(05-07-2024, 04:54 PM)Deer-ly Wrote: I fully understand you can't just "take your word for it" when i say i will change, But I am also telling you I will not change just to earn some suck up points for +1's. Either you agree with my sentiment of "I'm not staff and will not staff without a staff rank" or you don't. I think? With the dms I recive overtime from this app I understand less and less. I'm not going to continue to repeat myself though. So just one more time:

I will not force myself help with mass rdm reports, hackers, or tollers outside of a staff ping with their id's without it being a duty/responsobility of mine. 
You are 100% correct that you do not need to gather evidence or participate in any sort of staffing duties They arent your responsibility. You dont even need to ping us when shit hits the fan. While those are both positive qualities to have in a prospective staff member, not doing them isnt a negative quality either. 

What is a negative quality for prospective staff is consistent RDM, as it is a reflection of your overall behavior on the server. RDM in a vacuum isnt always bad, though. I RDM Brahma at least once per shared session. The difference is knowing your audience. If you are getting reported and not forgiven for a significant quantity of RDMs, that shows that you are having a negative impact on the playing experience of other people, which does not fit with the "ethos" or "mission" of the staff team.

Stopping (or slowing) this RDM isnt "sucking up for +1s." It's a demonstration that you can act in a way that we need staff to act. You dont need to change the way you play, but we also dont need to take your word for it and hope for the best by accepting your application.

For these reasons I am going to -1, for now. I genuinely enjoy playing with you on the server. I think you are great fun to shit around with, and I'd even contribute to the Deer-ly donor fund/petition. If you can show that you can tailor your playstyle to create a positive environment for those you play with and not just yourself, I'll revisit my vote.
You've not even been back in the community for a month yet. I say hold off, work on the things that people have mentioned here, and reapply in a month after some more time to improve and having a larger sample size to work with in terms of your interactions in server.

-1. This isn't personal, just objectively speaking to you.
smh my head
Bumping
Also no matter what happens, she deserves donor rank at a minimum. If this is denied, I strongly encourage the admin team to get Dink to add that.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
Throughout my time back on the server, I think Deer-ly would be a great staff member, they are on consistently and when doing so they have spread positivity. I also believe that they do truly want to make the server the best that it can be. She has my vote. +1.