woag
(01-29-2021, 08:39 PM)Happy Wrote: he has repeatedly suggested fixes or removals but is told to stop complaining about broken weapons, broken hitboxes, and the broken jump pack because "it keeps people coming back"

Look at myself for example, I complain about a lot of similar things laced does but I do it in a way that comes off as a suggestion and try to actively help with the situation rather than just giving up on it. MP9 is busted so I suggested and provided a fix for it, it hasn't been implemented by dink but at least I tried. Point being there are healthier and more appropriate ways to vent rather than just saying lol server bad.
(01-29-2021, 08:16 PM)synthray Wrote: The unban request was fixed a little after walrus said the reason was not good enough. Well, acknowledgment over what you did should be enough, but the contents of the OP make me think two things:
  • Filled the form just enough to start the thread.
  • Being bored is not a good reason. But you've used the 'I'm bored' card in the past
Gabe warned people for shitposting in one of your threads by saying "Do not shitpost in serious threads such as unbans and staff apps", yet you decide to include lyrics. huh.

I'm going to appeal to self-control: stop saying 'goodbye' and coming back later. If there's something wrong with the server try to create stuff for it and help with its shape, more than just rant and get yourself banned.

Not sure what you mean by "the unban request was fixed a little" because I haven't touched the OP. It's quite amusing to see the high and mighty staff lose their shit over Gangnam Style. 

"Gabe warned people for shitposting in one of your threads by saying "Do not shitpost in serious threads such as unbans and staff apps", yet you decide to include lyrics. huh."

Uh huh. Gabe did say that. Lots of other people have said it too. I indeed did include lyrics. Is this going anywhere?

Your comment trying to appeal to my self control, particularly where you tell me to try and get things changed and whatnot, is kinda cringe considering I've tried my very hardest to get things changed and certain people either don't care or don't want their favorite broken thing removed/changed. For example, the MP9. It's still unbelievely busted. I was told all that needed to happen was Dink adding the nerfs and all that to the server. This was in October, and still nothing. Dink isn't to blame for everything here, though.

Point is, if it's not in the best interests of an Admin or Dink, it doesn't get done. That's been a constant since I joined in 2018, and by the looks of it, will continue to be a constant in the future. 

I'm not here to argue over what sucks about this place and what doesn't, though. You're trying to craft a narrative for me that simply doesn't exist.
(quick note: don't most people who say "goodbye" come back to where they were later at some point?)
(01-29-2021, 08:57 PM)Battons Wrote:
(01-29-2021, 08:39 PM)Happy Wrote: he has repeatedly suggested fixes or removals but is told to stop complaining about broken weapons, broken hitboxes, and the broken jump pack because "it keeps people coming back"

Look at myself for example, I complain about a lot of similar things laced does but I do it in a way that comes off as a suggestion and try to actively help with the situation rather than just giving up on it. MP9 is busted so I suggested and provided a fix for it, it hasn't been implemented by dink but at least I tried. Point being there are healthier and more appropriate ways to vent rather than just saying lol server bad.
he helped with weapon testing and balancing when the strawberry was in charge of it
[Image: J6yUs0g]
Laced really just here for attention again, smh. And here comes this chick unnecessarily involving herself!

But, in all seriousness, yes the guy has built up quite an image for himself and while I've only been around in the community for a short while, I've heard all the drama and been updated on it. It's safe to say people don't want to trust that he's not going to pull another stunt on TTT, understandably so. There's always bias when it comes to certain members of the community that have been around for a while, and clearly there's a ton of hostility thrown towards him for whatever reasons y'all have. What I don't understand is how for some people (who have been banned other times) you guys decide to look at it through a case by case situation and not group up their past actions (and bans for DIFFERENT reasons), but for others you do. People also seem to be getting upset by the fact that he seems to be straightforward and not just saying what staff would want to hear (I honestly respect this). Getting to the point here, if what he did seems to be so unforgiveable and all staff are keen on the rules and punishments, why is it that Jack, who is a TTT mod and was aware of what was about to go down since he joined the vc while these dumbasses were plotting to troll, let laced and deadpool and whoever else pulled a stunt that day simply go ahead with their plan? Rather than maybe attempting to stop them (kicking them or banning them for a short bit possibly), or even letting other staff members know? Since a staff member was aware and let it happen, I think that would leave room for at least a shorter ban rather than a perma, seeing as this is apparently his first mass rdm perma; correct me if I'm wrong.
[Image: Ban_Dink.jpg]
For the record they were dead set on doing this even though I did mention that it wasnt a good idea when he wants to come back. But yeah I guess I did not hard press them on it but they seemed very happy and excited with the decision they made. Regardless this is not an unban request that I would accept for any reason and im sorry to say that bc I like lace alot but just half assing an unban because you expect everyone to +1 and accept you back with open arms is just silly. It feels like you think your entitled and like you didnt break the rules.
(01-29-2021, 10:47 PM)J@CK XDDD Wrote: For the record they were dead set on doing this even though I did mention that it wasnt a good idea when he wants to come back. But yeah I guess I did not hard press them on it but they seemed very happy and excited with the decision they made. Regardless this is not an unban request that I would accept for any reason and im sorry to say that bc I like lace alot but just half assing an unban because you expect everyone to +1 and accept you back with open arms is just silly. It feels like you think your entitled and like you didnt break the rules.
Why would I make something like this expecting everyone to +1 and accept me back? In no way have I acted entitled or acted like I didn't break the rules. Not sure if you read anything other what what snicks posted, but I've made it quite clear I know what I did wrong and I've accepted my low, low chance of any form of reduction/unban. Again, trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.
ill never understand why you almost act like you are forced to be here or somethin man. you always say how much this place sucks now but yet you never leave? there are other communities out there and others games and shit yknow. im not trying to be an asshole but like, stop coming back if you are always gonna say you cant stand it here
[Image: rdm-corp-squarelogo-1446787792629.png]
I hate appeals that just say what mods want to hear.. but if this appeal is as serious as your commitment to coming back, then uh, no. Saying "I'm bored" and posting the lyrics to Gangnam Style really does not convince me.

I have no problem with you and I think Mass RDM permabans are stupid, but you could at least ACT like you care..
I believe everyone deserves a second chance, and apologizes in their own way.
the only sneaven ill be sent to... iis when ill be snalone with you
[Image: xLQeam1.jpg]
[Image: 6db.jpg]
(01-30-2021, 03:11 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote: I hate appeals that just say what mods want to hear.. but if this appeal is as serious as your commitment to coming back, then uh, no. Saying "I'm bored" and posting the lyrics to Gangnam Style really does not convince me.

I have no problem with you and I think Mass RDM permabans are stupid, but you could at least ACT like you care..
Understood, I'll post the lyrics to Poker Face next time.