Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eight Bitty Trip's Mod App
Ingame Name: Eight Bit Trip

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:36903441
Discord Tag: EightBitTrip#5390

Time Played: Probably Like A Hundred or Few Hundred Hours, Somewhere In That Ball Park.

When First Joined: Established December, 2015 or around that time I believe.

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): I should be available in the mornings or nights until late into the night, when I am not working. I.E. I played 10am MST today as the server filled and plan to continue to play.

Rank Desired: Moderator

Current Rank: Test Mod

What can you do to help the community: I can take my 700 hours of GMOD experience, life experience, positive attitude and such to the community to help during dark times of RDM and Trolling. I have been a part of only two TTT communities at different times in my life. GMOD was my first game that I bought back in November of 2010 and I fell in love ever since. I believe with I have experiences through out the years that can help the community when asked for. I also run my own community from streaming on Twitch with my own moderators as well, and we try to accept everyone new to our community, even the trolls that can be good people if you talk to them.

Why you want to help the community: I have been here for 5 years, and although I am not consistent due to having to handle IRL situations (Recovering Addiction, Changing Jobs, etc.) I have never left. Always happy to be a part of this community in many ways when I am available. I would like to be able to provide more to the community when I am around in game servers and set an example of being able to have fun playing video games for everyone. This community was here for me when I went through a lot of changes, and it was here for me when I come back. I like the people I meet here and want to help them enjoy there time away from real life obligations. So when it comes to new people just coming in to enjoy themselves I won't discriminate, I would like to see them all become a member of a community that was always fun and exciting for me to be a part of.

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): I do not believe I ever have been.

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts): No. OG Donor Test Mod.

How did you find us?: I been known you guys.

Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread): I could not find any.

Other:     I know the main issue running with my application is not having consistent server time. I am usually able to hop in when I can. Last year was a tough one for me when I had a lot on my plate and it all got taken from me. In the following time of being out of school and work, I started my own Twitch community and channel. I would say that does provide experience dealing with trolls and toxic manners. I try to run a community myself based off of supporting others and positive attitudes. Garry's Mod may never be a part of my stream, due to the unknowing of what can happen in a server of 30 people so I will not always be able to be on. In my honest effort, I would like to do more for the community when I can be here. It may not be all the time, but I have been here for 5 years now and I would say I never truly left. I used to have more time to be a part of the forums and community and unfortunately I don't always have that opportunity anymore. I am not here to burden the server with this request or my moderator status, but to help when I can be here. Thank you.
Surprise! I'm back!

[Image: pvJCHKP.gif]
Hi Eight Bit,
Can I be really honest? I have no idea who you are.
I imagine you are older staff, and while I don't doubt the credentials you present, I feel you should be more active before getting promoted. I think it's a requirement to have 2 months of active gameplay before promotion, in fact.
Regardless, it's nice to meet you, and I hope to play with you soon in game! :)
-1 due to inactivity
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
not only do you not have enough activaty you dont even have 100 hours on this name http://prntscr.com/ybicqf
[Image: 4kcofo.jpg]thx fish[Image: Salsa_UwU.jpg]
(02-04-2021, 05:10 PM)Cryptic Salsa Wrote: not only do you not have enough activaty you dont even have 100 hours on this name http://prntscr.com/ybicqf
I would just say, one name alone should not been sufficient enough to discount me. I have played on this server under man names for much time whether it be for memes or because I changed it over the years.
Surprise! I'm back!

(02-04-2021, 05:35 PM)Eight Bit Trip Wrote:
(02-04-2021, 05:10 PM)Cryptic Salsa Wrote: not only do you not have enough activaty you dont even have 100 hours on this name http://prntscr.com/ybicqf
I would just say, one name alone should not been sufficient enough to discount me. I have played on this server under man names for much time whether it be for memes or because I changed it over the years.
What is your in-game hours? Or other names. Its not a big deal but I'm curious as to how active you used to be
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
While I do agree with the activity being a key factor of promotion, you didn't even include your previous names. Even as a PH staff member even I don't know you. I don't even see a forums and discord presence in both the public and staff discord. I recommend being out there, this app today was a bit too much of a stretch but its good to see what people will say. 

this is a list of your previous names and I don't know a single one. https://gyazo.com/84b3ff07dee9116cbe70a0c9f98509ff
(02-04-2021, 06:04 PM)Agent Goose Wrote: While I do agree with the activity being a key factor of promotion, you didn't even include your previous names. Even as a PH staff member even I don't know you. I don't even see a forums and discord presence in both the public and staff discord. I recommend being out there, this app today was a bit too much of a stretch but its good to see what people will say. 

this is a list of your previous names and I don't know a single one. https://gyazo.com/84b3ff07dee9116cbe70a0c9f98509ff
From my past names I believe I can say I have accumulated about 150-200 hours by searching those up. Most of my activity on forums and such would exist in the legacy forums.
Surprise! I'm back!

-1: Welcome back!

https://forms.gle/PwwGrRk3mCEKuSjN8 < The link to the scenarios as moderator, from https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho....php?tid=2
Also, 3 months of activity are required as minimum. With that time you should know the current 'neighborhood'.
Eight Bit Trip, while I think it's great that someone wants to come back into the community and make a jump in progress, I think majority of the staff will agree with me that it's very important that someone in a high role (like moderator) needs to have recent active community time, as moderators have a lot of power and say as to what happens to a community in regards to the playerbase and how rules are enforced. I would highly recommend, that if you are truly interested in the moderator position that you take the time looking over the rules and making sure that nothing is out of familiarity, and then I'd advise clocking in a good amount of hours on the server, spending time getting to know both the playerbase, and the current staff members, as it would be valuable to be brought up to speed on how the server is currently being ran. Even if you have a lot of time on the server in general, the status quo on the server can change quite frequently, and people might expect a moderator to act differently than they did in say, 2018. -1 but, nice to meet you and goodluck!

Also for this application/ future applications the scenarios to fill out for your role can be found here: https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho....php?tid=2

Also some useful things might be to make a new introduction if you haven't already, so new players can get to know you, as well as maybe getting a ban request in since you haven't done one since 2018 by the looks of your profile. Ban requests aren't usually held as important for T-Mod+ applications but I think it'd be a great way to show you know the current rules and still have the ability to gather evidence and spot rule breakers.
Hey man, its cool to see old players come back. I dont think I have ever played with you, so its hard to give you feedback, but I will say that your inactivity makes it -1. I would suggest the same as the others here. Jump on the server make a introduction and maybe join the staff discord. Looking forward to playing with you!