Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addressing The Complaints In The Forums
(02-27-2021, 12:29 PM)dong Wrote: I was honestly trying to shoot for TTT Co Owner whenever Nicol was inactive during my tenure, but after talking w Dink he said that he couldn’t see himself promoting anyone to Co Owner. Derp and I tested a butt load of stuff for death run before they had admins, so if help is needed there I could do stuff again. I don’t really know whether or not I’d want to step into another administrative role again right now, but in the foreseeable future I would. I’d be willing to help whoever gets promoted though.
if i see another "i thought id never be back" thread im quoting this
[Image: ezgif.com-effects.gif?ex=66308f7a&is=661...height=424]
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | My emotinal support cat Green Bean | Smiling Over Orange City (spotify)
(02-27-2021, 01:08 AM)Jammin Wrote:
(02-26-2021, 11:54 PM)MillyDilly` Wrote: The loading screen guy talking about admins in the shout box
Thanks for posting this. I don't have any comments as of yet, but I will review with a fresh mind this weekend and potentially give my opinion.
For now, just noting that the link I quoted here is broken. Otherwise, I actually appreciate having the strong opinions of various respected members of yesteryear in one easy-to-access place.
I look forward to your comment on a 2 year old thread.
(02-28-2021, 12:59 PM)Tedgp908 Wrote:
(02-27-2021, 01:08 AM)Jammin Wrote:
(02-26-2021, 11:54 PM)MillyDilly` Wrote: The loading screen guy talking about admins in the shout box
Thanks for posting this. I don't have any comments as of yet, but I will review with a fresh mind this weekend and potentially give my opinion.
For now, just noting that the link I quoted here is broken. Otherwise, I actually appreciate having the strong opinions of various respected members of yesteryear in one easy-to-access place.
I look forward to your comment on a 2 year old thread.
Don't tempt me
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
We don't need co owners, we need the owner to actually care about the fucking servers, get to know the staff, and be an active member of the community as more than just that inactive dude who is the owner. The person with the most control only gets on each server like once a month. Co-Owners could fix this, but it would just be another fucking bandaid fix for this community, and thats been going on for way too long. I get that dink has real world stuff, but he has a responsibility to at least try to interact with the community past just approving staff apps for servers without admins and occasionally making an announcement. I think I've only talked to dink twice in the 2 years I was an active member of the community and only one of those times came even close to being what could be categorized as a conversation. I'm not saying that Dink neeeds to talk to everyone everyday, I'm just saying that he needs to have some form of tangible presence in the community.
(02-28-2021, 05:48 PM)killerZoreo Wrote: We don't need co owners, we need the owner to actually care about the fucking servers, get to know the staff, and be an active member of the community as more than just that inactive dude who is the owner. The person with the most control only gets on each server like once a month. Co-Owners could fix this, but it would just be another fucking bandaid fix for this community, and thats been going on for way too long. I get that dink has real world stuff, but he has a responsibility to at least try to interact with the community past just approving staff apps for servers without admins and occasionally making an announcement. I think I've only talked to dink twice in the 2 years I was an active member of the community and only one of those times came even close to being what could be categorized as a conversation. I'm not saying that Dink neeeds to talk to everyone everyday, I'm just saying that he needs to have some form of tangible presence in the community.

Well the server does need a co-owner in a sense because the responsibility cannot just fall on Nicol when Dink is doing other shit. Look at how a police department is structured for example. There is the chief, an assistant chief, a commander, captain, lieutenant, sergeant, detective, corporal and then regular officers. In most departments the chief will actually go out into the community daily or at the minimum a few times a week to check up on everyone, including his/her own officers. The assistant chief holds the other officers accountable and establishes a community connection when the chief can't do so. Then of course the other ranks take up their own position in power while also checking up on the higher ups and regular officers. This is how a proper virtual community should be established because it would allow for a proper community relationship. I'm not saying there needs to be all these different ranks and positions, I'm just saying that the community doesn't even have at the minimum a way to properly establish community connection. I'll go ahead and be honest the only staff I can see that has established a proper community relationship is Jammin and Synthray, and that's because they actively try to be apart of the community. They actively show they are watching what other staff are doing, what players are doing, and the general vibe on the server. If they see the motion is off they change the vibe and correct the issues if there are any. Now I'm not saying other staff don't do this, I'm simply saying me personally, I've only seen two staff members go out of their way to make sure the community feels appreciated. That is an issue in itself, I can clearly see that there isn't a real staff/player relationship because if that was the case, staff wouldn't have to "meme" in the server to get recognition. I just don't see how the higher ups in this community could allow this to happen. Eventually it will be too much for the lower staff members to handle and the morale will go way down. The scar will be too deep to heal and it'll be too late for the server, that should worry every player here who actually cares about being apart of the community.
(02-28-2021, 05:48 PM)killerZoreo Wrote: I'm not saying that Dink neeeds to talk to everyone everyday, I'm just saying that he needs to have some form of tangible presence in the community.

Honestly, seeing a forum post from him once in a while would be a huge relief for me. He's a busy guy, but he could literally get into a car accident and die and we wouldn't know until 6 months later.
(02-28-2021, 06:22 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 05:48 PM)killerZoreo Wrote: I'm not saying that Dink neeeds to talk to everyone everyday, I'm just saying that he needs to have some form of tangible presence in the community.

Honestly, seeing a forum post from him once in a while would be a huge relief for me. He's a busy guy, but he could literally get into a car accident and die and we wouldn't know until 6 months later.
Literally this. Just one forum post or something every occasion that tells what is happening. It’s kinda frustrating for the whole community basically to almost always be left in the dark about whenever updates or changes are going to happen or what he even wants from the server or what he is up to.

*Checks Calendar*

He did post twice 3 days ago
(02-28-2021, 06:46 PM)Tedgp908 Wrote:

*Checks Calendar*

He did post twice 3 days ago ?
I feel like you know dang well what he meant lmao. They mean aside from approving staff apps.
(02-28-2021, 05:48 PM)killerZoreo Wrote: We don't need co owners, we need the owner to actually care about the fucking servers, get to know the staff, and be an active member of the community as more than just that inactive dude who is the owner. The person with the most control only gets on each server like once a month. Co-Owners could fix this, but it would just be another fucking bandaid fix for this community, and thats been going on for way too long. I get that dink has real world stuff, but he has a responsibility to at least try to interact with the community past just approving staff apps for servers without admins and occasionally making an announcement. I think I've only talked to dink twice in the 2 years I was an active member of the community and only one of those times came even close to being what could be categorized as a conversation. I'm not saying that Dink neeeds to talk to everyone everyday, I'm just saying that he needs to have some form of tangible presence in the community.

I know you didn't just sign back in to respond to this.

I don't approve of co-owners but i like nickys " a co-owner followed by 2-3 admins" and thats kinda what i ment a band-aid that'll peel off again but its really just that its something but that would be a neat thing as russ said just a update post from the dink man. in my opinion like i said we as the community need to make it more than apparent that something should be done so we get enough of these kinds of post and threads. 

again my opinions don't shoot me
[Image: ezgif.com-effects.gif?ex=66308f7a&is=661...height=424]
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | My emotinal support cat Green Bean | Smiling Over Orange City (spotify)