Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Thayr's redline recommendation thread (featuring staff app)
Ingame Name:
Thayr
(I've played under other names though: Soldat, Lunatic Cultist, Bloodsport, and so many more that I cant remember)

SteamID:
STEAM_0:0:442554352
Discord Tag:
Thayr#3135

Time Played:
489 Under just the names I checked

When First Joined: 
3rd Quarter of 2018
Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone):
In the morning (6:00am to 11:am), the afternoon (5:00pm-9:00pm), and sometimes very late at night ( around 2:00am) all Central Standard Time; school just ended for me so these are really flexible.
These aren't really strict schedules (you wont find me playing for 3 hours at a time from 5 to 9) they are just broad estimates of when you can find me on.
Rank Desired: 
Trusted
Current Rank: 
Donor
What can you do to help the community: 
I find that a lot of the times I'm on, there aren't any staff on, not even a trusted, so I'll be filling some time blocks where is no staff; which as a bonus, will alleviate the amount of times where someone pings the discord and someone has to stop whatever they're doing and babysit the server. Even just the presence of a single staff member at these times, could drastically decrease the rule breaking.
Why you want to help the community: 
Elaborating on my previous statement, a lot of the times I'm on, I notice that there are no or very few staff on and generally the server isn't all that pleasant because of it. Also, this is going to be a little glitche, but I've realized that i've gotten a lot out of this server and its staff's effort, over these 3 years, and that its time to finally start putting in effort myself.
Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): 
No and my one warning is for burping on mic like 1 or 2 years ago.
Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts): 
No
How did you find us?: 
I clicked on moat the first time I joined a Garry's mod server, thought it was shit then randomly chose Dinks.
Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread): 
Yes
Other:
Watch Redline, directed by Takeshi Koike.

The sun smiles at you with eternal malice
(06-02-2021, 09:13 PM)Thayr Wrote:
[Image: ARwEsM1.png]

idrc all that much but thats your only ban and it was obviously a while ago

edit: my dumbass forgot to type
(06-02-2021, 09:33 PM)WingRiddenAngel Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 09:13 PM)Thayr Wrote:
[Image: ARwEsM1.png]

idrc all that much but thats your only ban and it was obviously a while ago

edit: my dumbass forgot to type
I have absolutely no recollection of this and im pretty sure it was a mistake since I was unbanned literally one second later

The sun smiles at you with eternal malice
I'll start this out and say +1.
My only criticism is that you seem to come and go frequently. Gametracker says you've only started being active again for the last like 2 weeks. Unless you're on names that I don't recognize and aren't using your mic, then that would be the only real "concern" I have, but even then a lot of staff do that (myself included).

If you are accepted one piece of advice I'll give is to just remember you're here to play just like the rest of staff, and don't just get staff and then never come back. You're a fun person to play with and I have always found you very helpful and I would hate to see you get staff and then just dip.
+1 on this staff app.

You've got a really good presence both on the forums and Ingame and you have proven time and time again that you are level headed beyond the threshold of being Trusted.
+1 Thayr is a good player who follows the rules. As Damien said, good presence on forums and lots of ingame time is perfect for staff
Nice Car.
Be a shame if I ran into it
i have known you for close to 3 or 4 years now i have no memory of ever needing to punish you other then slays and even then not many to my knowledge you have an amazing grasp of the rules i know you follow them you have a ton of knowledge about the game its self how it works im sure you know a fair bit of how to spot hacks you are an amazing candidate for staff you have a massive +1 from me
[Image: 4kcofo.jpg]thx fish[Image: Salsa_UwU.jpg]
Thayr is fun to play with and knows the rules.
He behaves himself in game and has a bit of a reputation for sussing out cheaters - experience the staff team could surely use.
He has a good past history with forum use and is growing in discord activity.

I do think you just became active a bit ago, that is of some concern. However, should staff be accepted, I feel you will hit the arbitrary one-month activity rule in spirit by the time you get your approval and rank.

Lack of recent ban requests are a bit of a concern; but you know how to record and can be helped with ban requests/etc in the future.

Overall I feel that Thayr should be approved to join our staff team as a Trusted.

+1
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
Seems like a solid guy. Never had any issues with him that I can think of. Been around for a long time and I dont see a reason he wouldnt make a good trusted. Plus 1
bump