Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Dinkleberg's TTT Speedrun (Trusted to Mod%)
(09-24-2021, 07:21 PM)Jammin Wrote: Hi Hong, thank you for applying for the rank of Moderator.
Over the past few months, you have taken your role as a staff member by the horns and run with it. You have fought tooth and nail to make the server a better place by various weapon balancing, map/model testing, and assertive moderation of the server for it's benefit.

However, there have been three incidents, all within discord (two in main and one in staff) involving inappropriate jokes that give me strong pause. I won't recount them publicly and will add that these weren't by any means bannable offenses, but I feel they go well beyond an appropriate level of "gamer banter." None of the incidents I am recollecting involved racism/sexism/antisemitic humor, to make that point clear.
Now at least for one particular incident, you have apologized and acknowledged your wrongdoing, though after being called out on it. The other two, to my knowledge, you have not acknowledged - I hope you at least have reflected on the issue.
For the sake of privacy I will not share details of any of the incidents, though I will discuss in DM's with HONG or any of the TTT admins should he/they wish to know.

Due to this reason alone, I just don't think you are ready to move up to the moderator rank. I supported you strongly on the T-Mod app (and I stand by that support) because that app was prior to all 3 incidents. I think you will make a great Moderator some day, but for right now you are just too aggressive with some of the jokes.
Outside of these incidents, HONG's work ethics in the server exemplifies the ideal TTT Moderator

-1 promotion for right now.
In a month? Unless something else comes up probably a +1.

Best of luck in your application, HONG.

(09-24-2021, 06:44 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: Moderate
Moderate issues will result in at minimum a warning and watch from the admins. A member who has a recent moderate breach may not be eligible for promotion. Admins may also discuss a rank demotion if the staff member repeats offenses.
- Minor issues that continue after warning(s) and/or arguing the issues
- Receiving a legitimate ban
- Actively trolling or flaming situations instead of solving them as a staff member. 
-***Indirect racism or use of terms***
- Abuse of powers

Given the recent discord/forum issue I would have concerns if it was deemed acceptable behavior by accepting the app immediately after. -1

(09-24-2021, 07:41 PM)Here lies Eggroll's reputation. Wrote:
(09-24-2021, 06:44 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: Given the recent discord/forum issue I would have concerns if it was deemed acceptable behavior by accepting the app immediately after. -1
This is well said. I too have concerns with HONG's recent behavior in the discord. Specifically a meme that was not ok. Being a moderator is a pretty high staff rank, before advancing to the next rank I think behavior should definitely improve. -1

(09-24-2021, 08:03 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: I am going to try to not be biased, truth be known I totally forgot that you posted that stuff on the forums the other day. What could be learned from this is to be careful when joking around and stuff. All in all that incident can put a hamper on things and also I’m kinda worried that something like that might happened again when you are goofing off too much with your friends. Anyway it’s okay to joke around and stuff but for now I’m at a -1 since I honestly want to see how you improve past this and stuff. So if this gets denied and you work hard and don’t have any other incidents then you will most likely get mod eventually. Best of luck on your app Hong and like I said I still believe you are a good guy and want to help out the community.
-1  :@

(09-24-2021, 08:25 PM)Forest King Wrote: I'm not trying to put down anyone's opinions but keep in mind that PH and TTT aren't the same community. There's a big age and culture gap between the two, and the rules and standards of conduct differ between them as a result. There's definitely more risqué discussion going on in TTT and someone applying to be a moderator shouldn't be forced to become a choir boy because of that. I've played with HONG for hundreds of hours simultaneously and seen what he says & does, and I've never noticed anything that was more than lighthearted jokes. You see more of a persons character through many hours instead of isolated incidents that can be misconstrued and taken out of context. He's done a shitton of testing & theorycrafting for gameplay for the server as well as frequently handled the insanity that can occur on the server. I'd go as far as say he's really set a gold standard for non-Admin staff and that the only logical move is upwards.
tldr -1

(09-25-2021, 09:04 PM)Mother Nuru. Wrote:
(09-24-2021, 07:29 PM)HONG Wrote:
(09-24-2021, 06:27 PM)Mother Nuru. Wrote: shnipshnip
shnipshnip
Yes and no. Since becoming staff, I've tried not to become uptight, pompous, or otherwise someone who sits on their high horse, since I've always wanted to stay connected with the people in this community, rather than becoming a changed person who isn't fun to be around and generally creates distance from the spirit of the community--which would go against my desire to keep the server and community as a fun place to be. As for out of line joking? I try to leave well enough alone and never cross the line that separates the responsibilities of a staff member, and role model, and the out-of-control "all for fun" behavior of a regular player (more on that later).

The only kind of joking I wanted addressed and snipped in the butt was the ones that went over the lines like you got in trouble for on forums
Alll the rest and harassing people and being a dickbutt like u are, is all fine and i wouldn't change that for the world. That makes you, YOU, and is the reason you stand out.

My answer is still the same, temporary -1, I'd like to see a month pass and see you be good hanger with no over the line jokey jokes like you got warned for on forums (i didnt even know about the discord stuff)
if you can be good in ur closet for one month im an easy +1 but i think you need small probabation period to be watched

Have to quick edit because me joking got mistaken. I call you hanger because my phone changed Hong to hanger every time. Like a clothes hanger. So I made the closet joke. And when I said harassing people I didn't mean it literally. I meant it as a joke as well because I "harass"people too. So I apologize.
-1 in the closet

(09-25-2021, 11:33 PM)Ryzif Wrote:
(09-25-2021, 11:27 PM)Forest King Wrote: every -1 is a prophunt player

every +1 is a ttt player

which subforum is this thread in?
I'm not trying to start a fight, just here to prove a point. There are realistic reasons why there are - 1's. Other than those reasons, I still believe he would be a good Moderator. 

[Image: P1iKGeX.png]

[Image: TzDWAYM.png]

These two are not playing PH. Just saying. Also everyone has a voice on staff apps. Especially with it being a higher application like Moderator. Staff is a team, not just TTT staff, PH staff, Murder staff and DR staff.
-1 here's the forewarned code 449090
+1 anyone can see that hong would be active, literally no risk to accepting except for him maybe posting shitty star trek memes unhinged. clearly knows the rules and knows the people who play. hope to see em on the server. gg
I'll make an actual statement because it's frustrating me. I dont care who you are but nobody is better than anyone else if a PH or discord or whatever server has a concern or reason to -1 then I wanna hear it. If you think your opinion is more important than someone else's then I'm just casting it aside.
As a moderator, what do you hope/plan to accomplish? 

What do you believe is the major factor(s) preventing you from advancing to moderator?
(09-29-2021, 02:32 PM)The Triangle Wrote: As a moderator, what do you hope/plan to accomplish? 

What do you believe is the major factor(s) preventing you from advancing to moderator?
Besides focusing on helping the community, especially those who wish to become staff/are new to staff (because that’s definitely one of them for me)?

A big one is increasing my focus on how much I work on the server itself (since this is one of the biggest things that separates me from most any other staff) in terms of content, and balance changes in general. Listening to the community even more on what they want to see and putting that into action, learning more about back-end work so I can do a better job, and hopefully be able to do more than just tweaking and adding weapons.

What’s stopping me? When it comes to advancing in back-end work, the amount of time I have at any given moment. In actuality? Making sure I keep joking around to be a quirk and not a fatal flaw.

Other than that, I’ve put in a hell of a lot of time since becoming staff to help out the community in a variety of ways, and feel like I’m ready for additional responsibility, as well as the trust that comes with it.

Thanks for the great question.
I've never played a single minute with you on the server, so I'm going to base my entire opinion on you based on discord.

From my interactions with you, you seem to be someone who is capable of balancing when to be serious and when to joke around, and I think that's something that someone plans on being in a serious leadership position on the server needs to have. The community can't have someone who is too lax or too harsh because that causes a headache for the staff team and the community alike. 

I've not personally had a negative interaction with you, and when I sometimes mess with you, you do a good job of deflecting it without really giving that much of a reaction. That shows me you know how to handle trolls, even if what I did really wasn't that major, you at least have some sense of composure. 

I trust that you're competent enough to make intelligent decisions as a Moderator, and I support your promotion entirely, following that you start to think before you make some of these jokes. I am all about having a good laugh but you have to know your audience before you can make jokes; you don't know who you might offend unintentionally. Just speaking from personal experience on that one.

+1. Best of Luck on your app.

(09-29-2021, 12:18 AM)Battons Wrote: I'll make an actual statement because it's frustrating me. I dont care who you are but nobody is better than anyone else if a PH or discord or whatever server has a concern or reason to -1 then I wanna hear it. If you think your opinion is more important than someone else's then I'm just casting it aside.

Also I like what Battons said because I just saw this: something that my grandmother taught me is that everyone puts their britches on the same way. Basically what this means is regardless of anything in context to you as individuals, nothing makes you superior to someone else right off the bat. Sure, you might have more knowledge than someone, but to try and disregard someone's opinion because they're a part of a different staff team is asinine. In fact, I always love seeing different groups' perspectives, because they can sometimes pick up on things that I didn't notice or acknowledge, and that can change A LOT about opinions.
Baby's first forum post.

Honestly, I'm not active in the discord and I really don't think I need to be to cast my vote here. Hong's easily been the nicest person to me on the server so far. He's handled every issue I've been around to witness with a good attitude. Hong is honestly the only staff that comes to mind that I have a positive opinion of. Easy+1
This one is really hard. At this time your application for Mod has been DENIED. I'm gonna give proper feedback to explain why we are making this decision though.

* So the first concern brought to our admin team in this is going to be the racist shitpost that occured on the forums not that long ago. While it was intended to be a joke, part of me becoming an admin was that kind of behavior was not tolerable on our staff team in a public capacity any longer.
* The discord strike you recieved not that long ago, I won't go into detail about it since I'm sure you already know why but that did play a part in our decision.
* Lastly some staff members are concerned that your ability as a fantastic staff member is creating an ego which is becoming a bit too large. There is nothing wrong with being confident about your skills and the ability to get shit done. However, it has started to shift towards a direction in which other staff feel like they are being put beneath you. Personally I want my staff members to be humble, respectable, and efficient.

I ask that you not see these points as a jab at your personality but as criticisms that you may use to improve yourself not only as a staff member, but also as a person. As I said, this was a very difficult decision to make as you are a very good staff member. We just feel right now, if you were to become an upper staff member with these behavioral issues, that it would not represent our server as a whole.

You may apply again on 11/1/21.