Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TTT Jetpack
Even tho I'm a recognized jetpack spammer I would have to agree on the jetpack giving so much advantage to the point of being unfair to non users, new players, and even regulars. Yesterday I decided not to use jetpack for a time so I could rely more on my aim instead of just pressing my space key as hard as I can... and being completely honest i found the game more fun that way, so i don't think im gonna be using the jetpack for a while. Im surely gonna be missing getting to some spots easily and not breaking my legs every time I jump from a slightly high place but sometimes that difficulty adds to the fun.
But getting to the jetpack being essential on the server and how it is really expensive for new players on the server, I would honestly have to agree with Bunniey, most guests just come to do stupid things and then bye, and only a small part stays on the server, so maybe, giving it as a gift to players that reach master (Or member) is not a bad idea at all and if that isn't a good idea then lowering the price a little bit (Like leaving it at 80k or 75k) would also be an option, even tho for me at least, the jetpack being so expensive is completely understandable.
But coming back on the jetpack as an item i would just prefer (and i don't know if it's possible) if they just changed the jetpack for the grappling hook making it an item for everyone on the server just like they do in some TF2 servers, you just press a button and it comes out and you can fly freely.
I don't think the jetpack should be touched, but maybe the price should be lowered. 100k isn't expensive at all though, especially when joining you can get 50k simply from discord. 80k or so is reasonable, but I don't think guests/everyone should automatically have jumppacks.
(10-24-2021, 03:16 PM)Foxka Wrote: solution F: (my favorite) allow the jetpack to slow fall but not boost high

This is pretty good, because you can't really stop people from going into the ceiling as long as the jetpack has boost. you have your normal jump, but then the boost as well. You could make it so that as long as you're holding space, your gravity is lowered a bit. That helps the slow fall and still allows a bit of a glide, like the boost offers, without being able to increase your effective jump height past whatever the server wants it limited at.

On the jetpack being free or whatever, I do think new players should at least have access, if not having it equipped by default. You want new players to feel how "the server's supposed to feel." There will be stupid players, but I think if the movement feels good on the server, it may lessen that somewhat. Also, new people aren't going to immediately know to go in and equip it for the game to feel right and most people hate default movement for TTT on these big maps.
I support giving everyone a free jump pack. I do not support changing it, because even though I don't like the item we just had a vote on this and people voted to keep it with no changes. That should matter regardless of how you may personally feel about an item.
(10-24-2021, 05:22 PM)lazy Wrote: I support giving everyone a free jump pack. I do not support changing it, because even though I don't like the item we just had a vote on this and people voted to keep it with no changes. That should matter regardless of how you may personally feel about an item.
I would also vote to keep it, if I didn't know any better. it was removed with no alternative and then voted on. "jetpack or default?" that's an easy answer, but not what we're talking about
(10-24-2021, 05:30 PM)glorious bulge Wrote:
(10-24-2021, 05:22 PM)lazy Wrote: I support giving everyone a free jump pack. I do not support changing it, because even though I don't like the item we just had a vote on this and people voted to keep it with no changes. That should matter regardless of how you may personally feel about an item.
I would also vote to keep it, if I didn't know any better. it was removed with no alternative and then voted on. "jetpack or default?" that's an easy answer, but not what we're talking about

This isn't true. The vote had several options, off the top of my head it was "remove, keep as is, and keep but make slight modifications", and keep as is won by far (60%+)
(10-24-2021, 05:31 PM)lazy Wrote:
(10-24-2021, 05:30 PM)glorious bulge Wrote:

This isn't true. The vote had several options, off the top of my head it was "remove, keep as is, and keep but make slight modifications", and keep as is won by far (60%+)
I see. well, regardless, most people don't know all the possibilities of the adjustments that can be made and aren't difficult. i'm sure most don't care in the end, but still whine about only seeing people's ankles and knees. The other thing is people always blame the player. That's stupid. Just do the mechanics better
I would still be all for a reduction of the jump power to about 6-8 and then fall damage reduction for everyone
I feel like fall damage reduction would negate a lot of t weapons. Fall damage still needs to be a part of the game or else things like the home run bat, Newton launcher, and vertical maps would lose their charm.
(10-24-2021, 05:51 PM)Icey Wrote: I feel like fall damage reduction would negate a lot of t weapons. Fall damage still needs to be a part of the game or else things like the home run bat, Newton launcher, and vertical maps would lose their charm.
you say that but the jump pack can negate fall damage completely if you know how even not knowing how you can still stop like 60% with minimal strafing
[Image: 4kcofo.jpg]thx fish[Image: Salsa_UwU.jpg]