Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Muteban: Introducing Timed Mutes and Gags 2
First off, donor plus is handpicked by dink. It's not about past admins etc. Its pretty much people he thoroughly trusted etc(and russ cmon you cant really expect him to trust you with the way you went out on). This is a constantly thing brought up time and time again on different people. If admins had any say there'd be several that DIDN'T have donor plus. But. Not our choice, hand picks from dink. No amount of work put into the servers will gain it here, it's whatever criteria he has set, and none of us are fully sure what it is.

Second, I'm going to push for this again. Because again, I REALLY like the addon.
You addressed one of the biggest concerns dink had, and that was being that users weren't notified about gags/etc.
The other concern, I'm going to push on again and see if he will hear it out from our side.
(The concern being that the timer doesnt keep going once they leave the server)
I explained to him previously that this helps with gag evasions, and lowers that kind of ban amount since he isn't someone that loves bans to begin with, so maybe I can show him something on that to let him know it'll continue to lessen the amount of bans. Not only that but how helpful it is on staff to keep the fun going, and not STRESS THE FUCK OUT.

Good job as always Russ.
(01-23-2022, 01:07 AM)Mother Nuru. Wrote: You addressed one of the biggest concerns dink had, and that was being that users weren't notified about gags/etc.

I addressed both actually... you can mute for literally however long you want. This addon can do permamutes, 10 year mutes, 6 month mutes, 2 week mutes, 5 minute mutes, it can go down to 30 seconds if you really wanted it to.. currently it is accurate down to the second. Both of the things he said were wrong are fixed in this version.

Of course you don't want trusted to be able to mute permanently, so you can use ULX wildcards to cap the time how you want per rank, say max of 12 hours or something
"Dink said no."

~Ultrafish

probably won't get added despite being helpful for staff and users to have an overall better experience
(01-23-2022, 11:52 AM)Salty Wrote: "Dink said no."

~Ultrafish

probably won't get added despite being helpful for staff and users to have an overall better experience

THE HATERSSSSS
BOOOOOOOO
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I forgot about the time being another minor concern he had. The biggest concern he had, was the timer not continuing when they left (dumb imo, let them suffer if they're stupid enough to get gagged) so like I said, I'll push on that point and point out all the fixes. I've sent it in.

~Ultrafish

Please notice how it is not "Fish said no." I have always been a fan of something like this but I doubt I could get it added seeing is how I cannot get minor things changed/altered when it comes to server side things. I will obviously try talking to Dink after checking it out myself.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
i strongly encourage all admins to actively vouch for this considering how much easier it would make the lives of staff on all servers and how much effort has been put into something that may not even be used

thanks
(01-23-2022, 04:38 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote:

~Ultrafish

Please notice how it is not "Fish said no." I have always been a fan of something like this but I doubt I could get it added seeing is how I cannot get minor things changed/altered when it comes to server side things. I will obviously try talking to Dink after checking it out myself.

I knoww I knoww I just give u guys crap because its fun and I end up going to prophunt about it more because theyre the ones I see struggle the most with stuff like gag evasion
in all seriousness I know its ultimately not up to you but you try your best anyway which I appreciate
Dink you're out in mars, are you getting this signal

Dink wake up

Wake up dink

Come back to Earth

We need help on your servers Dink
Retired gay boy
Yes I still play!!
[Image: image.png]
(01-23-2022, 04:38 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote: Please notice how it is not "Fish said no." I have always been a fan of something like this but I doubt I could get it added seeing is how I cannot get minor things changed/altered when it comes to server side things. I will obviously try talking to Dink after checking it out myself.

Sorry, it wasn't intended to say that you were saying no. Just was making a semi-serious statement using that as a punchline; it should be added in if it works efficiently now, and Russ seems to have proved that it does.  Russ was able to fix the issues so hopefully it might get implemented :)