Battlecock unban
Ingame Name: ๖ۣۜ *The βattleDick*

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:41758875

Who Banned You: CaptainLes

Reason For Ban: "weird pedo jokes"

Length of Ban: forever

Reason for Admins to Unban: I'll leave that to the 'other section'

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): No

Other: I'm new to this server. Only been on it like...2 days. If that. I see people making sexual or provocative jokes all the time, and I chime in sometimes when it seems to be all in good fun. I don't know anyone's ages (and likewise they don't know mine). I made a joke about Damien and salad tossing. I was told that Damien asked me if I knew of his age, and I didn't see it. I was just playing on my T round goofing around, trying to kill people and talking to everyone and making comments and then suddenly I'm banned.

I get that the state of things is 'Don't make sexual jokes in the presence of minors' and yeah I agree. However, I'm new. I don't know who is or isn't a minor. And even then, I see everyone else making crude or explicit jokes or talking shit to each other. The point is, there's a blatant hypocrisy and I made an innocent mistake. I haven't made any such comments or things before, and I think being trigger happy about something rather than finding out the context of the whole situation matters moreso than assuming.

TL;DR Haven't said anything like that before, didn't know the person in question was a minor, and I have seen others (Kaiwan, Damien, and others) make jokes and comments in crude or explicit nature at the expense of another and went along with it.
Just because somebody made a sexual joke doesn't mean you can, in any case you probably got banned before anybody because your comment could have been that bad.

TBH you can't expect to jump on a server and be allowed to say pedo shit.  That's messed up
[Image: unknown.png]
Damien had asked you in pm's if you knew he was 16. You replied with "Yes." in chat. That was a major part of the ban itself.

I'm not gonna vote for now, but what you said was out of pocket as hell.
former admin2
no offense to damien, but he is very clearly underage if you hear him speak even once. and it seriously bothers me that your entire appeal is vaguely defending the jokes instead of being transparent about what you said and apologizing. i’ll wait to form an opinion until after evidence has been posted, but i get the feeling you’re going to start backtracking soon. +/- for now
[Image: IBmuAn7.jpeg]
I was on when this happened and you do not deserve and unban for making the jokes you did. The appeal itself is not even really about saying sry but more of justifying and that is mostly why I am not supporting the unban. Like Wilfry said, just because someone else did something does not mean you can do the same, especially if it was way worse than what the other person said. -1
[Image: baby-yoda-star-wars.gif]
I'll post what got you banned

[Image: Half_Life_Source_Screenshot_2022.10.02_-....06.84.png]
[Image: Half_Life_Source_Screenshot_2022.10.02_-....11.51.png]

I'm pretty sure you saying "Yes." to me asking you if you knew I was 16 is confirmation that you knew my age, and the banning moderator agreed with that and banned you.

If it's not, then unban because obviously, you didn't know my age, but I just want to know what you were saying yes to, other than my !p message to you.
(10-02-2022, 08:50 PM)Deadpool Wrote: Damien had asked you in pm's if you knew he was 16. You replied with "Yes." in chat. That was a major part of the ban itself.

I'm not gonna vote for now, but what you said was out of pocket as hell.
Except that I didn't reply "yes" to that in chat. I didn't even see that PM. The "yes" was a reply to a comment people were making about Sweet Banana.

If you're going to do your due diligence about (you're being general here) dealing with a supposed problem member, you make sure you have all the facts in a row and that means actually asking and making sure all the t's are crossed and i's are dotted. That's the whole point of being a staff member. You're all assuming without knowing any details and going based off what you want to believe rather than the reality of the situation. It's irresponsible.
I think there is an exception that should be made in this case. Damien, along with pretty much all the minors that play here, don't advertise their ages nor should they have to. I'm not defending what was said and who it was said to, but you can't blame the guy for not knowing.

+1 on an unban. Those kinda jokes are a sensitive topic at the moment, so I'd recommend not making them unless you have explicit consent from the person (and you know they aren't a minor.)
(10-02-2022, 08:53 PM)๖ۣۜ *The βattleDick* Wrote: If you're going to do your due diligence about (you're being general here) dealing with a supposed problem member, you make sure you have all the facts in a row and that means actually asking and making sure all the t's are crossed and i's are dotted. That's the whole point of being a staff member. You're all assuming without knowing any details and going based off what you want to believe rather than the reality of the situation. It's irresponsible.

I had no part in your ban, nor do really I care. I'm simply explaining a major reason you got banned.
former admin2
(10-02-2022, 08:51 PM)Damien Wrote: I'll post what got you banned

[Image: Half_Life_Source_Screenshot_2022.10.02_-....06.84.png]
[Image: Half_Life_Source_Screenshot_2022.10.02_-....11.51.png]

I'm pretty sure you saying "Yes." to me asking you if you knew I was 16 is confirmation that you knew my age, and the banning moderator agreed with that and banned you.

If it's not, then unban because obviously, you didn't know my age, but I just want to know what you were saying yes to, other than my !p message to you.

I have said already that I wasn't replying to your message, but a comment in voice chat about Sweet Banana. I don't use my mic. I only have text as a means of communication. I type to different comments being made at different times and in this case, it's a matter of bad timing.

And once again since people are jumping on a bandwagon of assuming rather than asking; I can go ahead and say this:

Damien I was not aware of your age, and my comment was inappropriate. For that I do apologize and don't plan to make comments as such again now that I know regardless of who is on the server. I will be doing my own due diligence to be more careful.

That also being said, some of you need to stop assuming so much. Jesus. You assume the worst in people and it's not okay. Innocent mistakes happen. I've joined the server when some of the most "toxic" people were on making jokes and went with the flow. You all need to be more understanding especially since I don't even have a history of causing or making problems or jokes.