Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jax Admin Application (Not a shitpost cowards)
Ingame Name: Jax

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:44638447
Discord Tag: Pappasito#8036

Time Played: Not sure, more than requirement though around 500 hours

When First Joined: I joined back in 2016 according to game tracker, didn't start getting involved until 2020

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): 16:00 - 22:00 weekdays, anytime weekends barring days I work.

Rank Desired: Admin 
Slight tongue-in-cheek but with multiple players coming back from retirement after multiple years (and still being considered), it's obvious that the requirement for gameplay / standard promotion pipeline is not a hard-coded thing. So this do not consider this a shitpost, this is a serious post.

Current Rank: Member

What can you do to help the community:  I'll use this to address some of the pros and cons and try to be objective as possible.
Cons:
  • Frequently trolling, although significantly less so than months ago but the history is there
  • Blunt, confrontational. As staff this can cause problems if you're not willing to deescalate.
  • Can talk down to people - I try to do this less but there are obvious instances where I will make generalizations.
  • Slurring - don't really do it now but the history is there, relevant to application
  • Maturity - This will also go into the pros section, but when I am trolling it is obviously not coming from a place of maturity. Room for improvement.
There is more, but I'll leave that to comments for discussion. These are just the glaring cons

Pros:
  • Objectivity - I try to be as objective as possible when dealing with ban request, unban requests, etc. There will always be a bias, inherently, but I do try my best to keep my opinions objective. Even when dealing with people I don't "like". Adding to this - I don't hold "grudges". I have gotten into "beef" with people before but despite that I try to let that influence my opinion of them. A good example is Foxca, I don't necessarily get along with Foxca at all times, and there has been written exchanges, but to be honest I still generally like him.
  • Maturity - Those who interact with me outside of Dinks, in person, or when I am not trolling can see I am level-headed and mature. However, recognize the fact that that's a moot point if that is not demonstrated to general discord / ttt.
  • Involved with the community - I have been around for 2 years and I have built good rapport with some members, and some bad rapport with others. Regardless of that, I have been embedded in the community for quite a while now.
  • No burnout - I don't "care" enough to be burnt out, not in the sense where "haha im admin i dont care woohoo" but in the sense where I will not be affected by complaints, constantly having to justify decisions, etc. I am able to separate GMOD area and real life very easily.
The cons themselves probably disqualify me from any future staff position anyways, but I figured I would drop a try anyways. Plus applications always unravel into "I don't like this about you _____" or "you suck because ______" which is useful information in general and will help me calibrate how to interact in the future. I won't make a complete 'personality' change, regardless of people's views of me, but I am 100% willing to take criticism and incorporate it into how I interact within the community.

Why you want to help the community: 
I don't particularly care for the rank or power that comes with admin position but with my life as it is right now, I am busy enough where I am not able to dedicate 3-4 hours of daily play time, playing the game. However, I am more than able to be in a position to take a step back from game play and take on reports, administrative duties (ban request, community input, forums, hotfixes etc) It's more in line with what I would want to do anyways.

This also brings up another point, that I will leave for a separate post, but I do think there should be a rank within the community for members who have been here long enough that get a say in community decisions, ban requests, etc without the in-game administrative powers.

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): See screenshot below, once on server. Discord warns posted below as well for relevancy.

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts): no

How did you find us?: default browse

Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread): 

Other:

With the old system, I had quite a few warns (not sure if that can be brought up or if the database was deleted with implementation of new system) for slurring. Most were quite a few months old, majority 6+ months - 12 months old.

[Image: pbdja7.png]

Discord Warns:
1027238886936592 Mute - 3 strikes reached. Made at 09/26/22 03:05:43

027238885863440 Strike - intentionally instigating arguments/drama by insulting other members after being asked to stop Made at 09/26/22 03:05:43

998800117616656 Strike - Rule 2, joking about self harm Made at 07/07/22

18:28:04 981506669457424 Ban - 6 strikes reached. Made at 05/19/22 21:40:51

981506667311120 Strike - troll pinging on-call staff Made at 05/19/22 21:40:51

872533400244240 [D] Softban - 5 strikes reached. Made at 07/15/21 23:27:29

872533399044112 [D] Strike - Posting shit in appeals channel that was not an appeal. Second time. Made at 07/15/21 23:27:29

871553396207632 [D] Strike - slurs in vocaroo posted in general Made at 07/13/21 04:59:50
[Image: xdjlve.png]
Looks like all of your bans are due to mistakes on the staff team's end so no issues there. Easily the best candidate we have seen so far. +1
Jax,

Unfortunately you do not meet the requirements for the Admin rank. I appreciate your honesty in the community but, you would not make a great Admin for TTT as of right now lol.

Please know i am moving this to shitposting.

Reopening now in shitposting
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
+1 he fits the role more than the other 2 people who posted admin apps "not minime"
+1 I think we need MORE confrontational staff. It would be fun to stir the pot.
[Image: image.png]Don't take anything I say seriously