Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Silencing Marginalized Voices
[Image: hot-homemade-pepperoni-pizza-picture-id521406075]

Anyone like the pizza I made 10 second ago

there is a link if you wanna make this exact pizza https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvqUu2fZixI[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvqUu2fZixI][/url]
I would like to inform everyone here that chicago deep dish pizza is actually tomato soup in a bread bowl.
[Image: ZN1HpFb.png]
(10-27-2022, 10:01 PM)poop MANIAC(fecal frenzy!!!!!!!! Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 09:58 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 09:56 PM)poop MANIAC(fecal frenzy!!!!!!!! Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 09:51 PM)Toaduh Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 11:39 AM)Toaduh Wrote: Got no fuckin' clue what this is referencing, but it was a pretty good read. 
I might start using the centered format for some of my posts.
Oh, I think you know.

I believe I've gathered the gist of it from the replies. While I recognize the value behind your ideas and opinions, most people don't possess the time, mental fortitude, or emotional stability required to perpetually balance the truly progressive platform that you envision. This community is in that sweet spot between obscure and prominent (not small enough to easily enforce but also not large enough to allocate proper moderation for your ideas). 

I don't agree with the archaic mentalities of having "no-no words" or specific "protected groups" (aside from the youngins) as those ideals have only bred subcultures rife with superiority complexes, corruption, and mental dormancy. At the same time, people who go out of their way to legitimately harass other people for seemingly no reason are either immature or just plain shitty. It could be a toss-up to decide which category they belong to, and this indecision in moderation could potentially embolden the trolls or other genuinely toxic people to add fuel to the fire. I would agree with the idea, though, that others need to start handling "dissenting opinions" with less emotion and more class as they are only needlessly adding more immaturity and toxicity into the equation; i.e. less gas, more sand.

You're probably not gonna be able to get through to anyone with walls of text as people are unfortunately more closed-minded than they'd freely admit to when it comes to their personal convictions. You also have to take into consideration the fact that a hefty chunk of the new generation has been trained by social media to fanatically follow a set of Sinai tablets different from the previous generation of religious loonies, but they have just as much mouth froth and can be even more ridiculous to engage with than the ole thumpers.

Godspeed, poopy fellow.
Thanks, toaduh, good to sea you again! I'm glad we're on the same page, but I think that with a little bit of good old fashioned human kindness and a LOT of elbow grease, what I'm talking about isn't so tough after all.

(10-27-2022, 09:53 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 09:50 PM)poop MANIAC(fecal frenzy!!!!!!!! Wrote: Well, you see, there's an issue with that, and now we're going back in circles again: I agree that hate has no place on our web zone. I think punishing antisocial thoughts and low behaviors is very important. I hope you can understand!
"While on issues such as this we can all agree that there is a wrong side to take, I think it's important not to silence that wrong side with institutional marginalization, regardless of how inflammatory, indelicate or mean-spirited that voice may be."
Sorry tiefling, but there's another issue here. When you try to deconstruct an entire point of view based on one individual clause, you end up ignoring vital points of context and, in this case, the entire meat of the discussion! I hope you understand.
if your opening statement is incoherent to your actual point then you should spend less time checking your thesaurus for big words and more time studying essay structure
So sorry, but there's another issue here! This isn't an essay, and was never meant to be! I think you should try reading it like having a conversation with your fellow human being. I am concerned with your tone here, while I personally take no offense and I don't think you meant any, I think a little frustration might be bleeding out into your discussion. Thanks!
(10-27-2022, 09:59 PM)chelllman Wrote: [*]Awesome corn muffin recipe:

[*]2 cups all-purpose flour
[*]▢ 2 cups fine cornmeal
[*]▢ 6 tablespoons granulated sugar more or less depending on how sweet you like your muffins
[*]▢ 2 tablespoons baking powder
[*]▢ 1 teaspoon salt

[*]▢ 1 jar mayonaise
[*]▢ 4 eggs beaten
[*]▢ 16 cups milk
[*]▢ 1 stick (plus 1 teaspoon) salted butter melted and cooled
[*]▢ 4 tablespoons vegetable oil

• Pre-heat oven to 400°f/ 200°c 

Prepare a muffin pan by brushing a thin coating of melted butter over the sections in the pan. Place the buttered pan in the preheated oven while you mix the batter.

Note: this step is optional and the recipe can be made using a greased, nonheated pan instead.
  • Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl and form a well into the middle of the mixture.
  • Mix egg, milk, melted butter, and oil in a large mixing bowl. Pour into the well of dry ingredients; mix well.
  • If using a preheated pan, carefully remove the heated pan from the oven. Divide batter into the sections of the pan, filling them ¾ of the way. This makes a large muffin (20 to 24 muffins).
  • Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until light golden brown.
[*]Thank you chelllman, very cool!
[*]i think you should work on your communication skills if the words you say are incoherent to the message you're attempting to convey
so far the words you've said include:
"While on issues such as this we can all agree that there is a wrong side to take, I think it's important not to silence that wrong side with institutional marginalization, regardless of how inflammatory, indelicate or mean-spirited that voice may be."
hope this helps
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
(10-27-2022, 10:02 PM)Norm Minder Wrote: [Image: hot-homemade-pepperoni-pizza-picture-id521406075]

I do not think you made that. It has a getty images watermark. You could have just told use you found a cool picture of a pizza pie. Instead you have distorted the truth, and I can't abide that. I'm sorry but I'm going to just shake my head at you right now.
the only sneaven ill be sent to... iis when ill be snalone with you
[Image: xLQeam1.jpg]
[Image: 6db.jpg]
if you mfs don't start snipping your own quotes I WILL move this to shitposting on GOD
(10-27-2022, 10:04 PM)chelllman Wrote: I would like to inform everyone here that chicago deep dish pizza is actually tomato soup in a bread bowl.
While totally off topic, I can confirm.
nvm chibil beat me
[Image: ZN1HpFb.png]
(10-27-2022, 10:04 PM)Gabe Wrote: if you mfs don't start snipping your own quotes I WILL move this to shitposting on GOD
i don't know what that means
(10-27-2022, 10:05 PM)chibill Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 10:04 PM)chelllman Wrote: I would like to inform everyone here that chicago deep dish pizza is actually tomato soup in a bread bowl.
While totally off topic, I can confirm.
hi gaybe
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
Respectfully, in my opinion, I think it would be more accurate to call it a stew.

(10-27-2022, 10:04 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 10:01 PM)poop MANIAC(fecal frenzy!!!!!!!! Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 09:58 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 09:56 PM)poop MANIAC(fecal frenzy!!!!!!!! Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 09:51 PM)Toaduh Wrote: Oh, I think you know.

I believe I've gathered the gist of it from the replies. While I recognize the value behind your ideas and opinions, most people don't possess the time, mental fortitude, or emotional stability required to perpetually balance the truly progressive platform that you envision. This community is in that sweet spot between obscure and prominent (not small enough to easily enforce but also not large enough to allocate proper moderation for your ideas). 

I don't agree with the archaic mentalities of having "no-no words" or specific "protected groups" (aside from the youngins) as those ideals have only bred subcultures rife with superiority complexes, corruption, and mental dormancy. At the same time, people who go out of their way to legitimately harass other people for seemingly no reason are either immature or just plain shitty. It could be a toss-up to decide which category they belong to, and this indecision in moderation could potentially embolden the trolls or other genuinely toxic people to add fuel to the fire. I would agree with the idea, though, that others need to start handling "dissenting opinions" with less emotion and more class as they are only needlessly adding more immaturity and toxicity into the equation; i.e. less gas, more sand.

You're probably not gonna be able to get through to anyone with walls of text as people are unfortunately more closed-minded than they'd freely admit to when it comes to their personal convictions. You also have to take into consideration the fact that a hefty chunk of the new generation has been trained by social media to fanatically follow a set of Sinai tablets different from the previous generation of religious loonies, but they have just as much mouth froth and can be even more ridiculous to engage with than the ole thumpers.

Godspeed, poopy fellow.
Thanks, toaduh, good to sea you again! I'm glad we're on the same page, but I think that with a little bit of good old fashioned human kindness and a LOT of elbow grease, what I'm talking about isn't so tough after all.

(10-27-2022, 09:53 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote: "While on issues such as this we can all agree that there is a wrong side to take, I think it's important not to silence that wrong side with institutional marginalization, regardless of how inflammatory, indelicate or mean-spirited that voice may be."
Sorry tiefling, but there's another issue here. When you try to deconstruct an entire point of view based on one individual clause, you end up ignoring vital points of context and, in this case, the entire meat of the discussion! I hope you understand.
if your opening statement is incoherent to your actual point then you should spend less time checking your thesaurus for big words and more time studying essay structure
So sorry, but there's another issue here! This isn't an essay, and was never meant to be! I think you should try reading it like having a conversation with your fellow human being. I am concerned with your tone here, while I personally take no offense and I don't think you meant any, I think a little frustration might be bleeding out into your discussion. Thanks!
(10-27-2022, 09:59 PM)chelllman Wrote: [*]Awesome corn muffin recipe:

[*]2 cups all-purpose flour
[*]▢ 2 cups fine cornmeal
[*]▢ 6 tablespoons granulated sugar more or less depending on how sweet you like your muffins
[*]▢ 2 tablespoons baking powder
[*]▢ 1 teaspoon salt

[*]▢ 1 jar mayonaise
[*]▢ 4 eggs beaten
[*]▢ 16 cups milk
[*]▢ 1 stick (plus 1 teaspoon) salted butter melted and cooled
[*]▢ 4 tablespoons vegetable oil

• Pre-heat oven to 400°f/ 200°c 

Prepare a muffin pan by brushing a thin coating of melted butter over the sections in the pan. Place the buttered pan in the preheated oven while you mix the batter.

Note: this step is optional and the recipe can be made using a greased, nonheated pan instead.
  • Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl and form a well into the middle of the mixture.
  • Mix egg, milk, melted butter, and oil in a large mixing bowl. Pour into the well of dry ingredients; mix well.
  • If using a preheated pan, carefully remove the heated pan from the oven. Divide batter into the sections of the pan, filling them ¾ of the way. This makes a large muffin (20 to 24 muffins).
  • Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until light golden brown.
[*]Thank you chelllman, very cool!
[*]i think you should work on your communication skills if the words you say are incoherent to the message you're attempting to convey
so far the words you've said include:
hope this helps
I think they were fairly coherent and worked well to help add context. I think you should work on your communication skills, to better understand your fellow humans and avoid unfortunate misunderstandings, but it's fair if you have other priorities right now. You are valid!
the only sneaven ill be sent to... iis when ill be snalone with you
[Image: xLQeam1.jpg]
[Image: 6db.jpg]
(10-27-2022, 10:04 PM)poop MANIAC(fecal frenzy!!!!!!!! Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 10:02 PM)Norm Minder Wrote: [Image: hot-homemade-pepperoni-pizza-picture-id521406075]

I do not think you made that. It has a getty images watermark. You could have just told use you found a cool picture of a pizza pie. Instead you have distorted the truth, and I can't abide that. I'm sorry but I'm going to just shake my head at you right now.

[Image: X9vHOvR.jpg]