Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
institute a max upper ping limit
[Image: Rmvvz8x.gif]
Yeah i agree maybe higher then 3 to 400 ping, but 180 is decent lol
[Image: titan.gif]
I think above like 300 or so is reasonable, if it is having a clear impact on the game.
Clearly teleporting? yes.
Luckier on the occasional headshot? No.
Plusz I'm not a fan of excluding those who live in foreign/3rd world areas with lesser internet, such as Europe, Australia, or Detroit.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(12-05-2022, 08:21 PM)Jawa Wrote: -1
https://streamable.com/y6hap0
(12-06-2022, 12:37 AM)Damien Wrote: https://streamable.com/y6hap0
bros needs to close the window, he's lettin all the internet out
former admin2
Overall I think this is a bad idea for several reasons. (yes I understand that ping effects gameplay)
  • My ping will randomly spike and be between 200 and 700 and stay that way for 10 min because shitternet cuts out. Do you want there to be a time limit for your ping to be shitty before someone gets kicked? If this were to be added how would you suggest people handle this as staff? Do we just ban people that keep rejoining with shit ping?
  • This is not just a server for sweats, let people have fun, relax, and do goofy shit on server. I understand some get their fun out of being a sweat and being good at the game and its frustrating when you cannot hit your shots.
  • I can see something like this causing many issues in the future with people "getting kicked for no reason" by donors and staff.
  • I see ping maskers being more prevalent
  • Its not fair to exclude international players because their ping is higher. (my ping is higher on ttt then other dinks servers)
  • Some staff have a ping that sits higher then the original suggested 180. I know it was mentioned to grandfathering in the regulars, however from what I have seen in my limited time back is that the majority of the player base is the regulars. Other then punishing new players I do not feel like this would solve the issue.
it isn't sweat to not want to have to fight people who literally teleport
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
(12-06-2022, 12:52 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote: it isn't sweat to not want to have to fight people who literally teleport
It's a game for fun. Ping limit is a horrible idea to limit new potential community members to join. Just accept that people will teleport and you will die to them. Be frustrated for a second, then laugh about it and then wait 5 minutes and a new game will start. All in all any sort of ping limit is a horrible idea. 

Me personally I play this game mode because its casual in a world full of hardcore games and the community has been what keeps me coming back for the past year I have been here. Don't limit the community cuz you are sweating it out on a casual game.
[Image: Swifts_Banner.png]

Maddox is my child

Retired Trusted Staff Only lasted a week
SBMM added to dinks when??

On a serious note I'm gonna regurgitate what other's have said because I cannot think for myself and have no input other than my shitpost.

Ping limit is bad because it'll:

-Limit New Players From Being Able to Join.(Even if they're in america they can still have upwards of 200-1000 ping)
-Limit Current Players From Being Able to Join (Even if they're in america they can still have upwards of 200-1000 ping)
Bruh im about to be ban for being Australian good thing I can just make my ping 1
[Image: i43gHnI.png]