Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Case for Banning B-Hopping on Dinkleberg's GMod dot com
Hello, fellow members of the Dinkleberg's GMod community. I want to start a discussion about b-hopping, and why I believe it should be banned on the server.

For those who may not be familiar, b-hopping is a technique that allows players to jump and move quickly across the map. While some players may argue that it adds an extra level of skill and excitement to the game, I believe that it creates several problems that detract from the overall enjoyment and fairness of the game.

First and foremost, b-hopping creates an unfair advantage for players who have mastered the technique. This can be frustrating for other players who may not be able to keep up, and can create an imbalance in the gameplay that favors certain players over others.

In addition, b-hopping can be difficult to regulate and enforce, which can create confusion and frustration for both players and staff. It can be difficult to determine whether a player is legitimately b-hopping or using cheats or hacks, and this can lead to accusations and arguments that can disrupt the game and the community as a whole.

Finally, b-hopping can be a source of distraction and annoyance for some players. The constant jumping and movement can create a chaotic and disorienting environment that can be difficult to navigate, and can detract from the strategic and tactical aspects of the game.

For these reasons, I believe that b-hopping should be banned on Dinkleberg's GMod server. This will help to create a more fair and balanced playing environment, and will allow players to focus on the gameplay itself, rather than on mastering complex and potentially unfair techniques.

I welcome your thoughts and feedback on this issue, and look forward to a productive and respectful discussion about the future of b-hopping on our server. Thank you.

-this thread has been generated by AI
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
hit that log off button
maybe I should put rand in forum jail again.... let's ask chatgpt

As an AI language model, I do not have access to specific information about "rand" or the DinklebergGMod.com forums. However, in general, restricting a user from posting on a forum may have the following benefits:

Reducing disruptive behavior: If "rand" has been engaging in disruptive behavior such as spamming, flaming, or trolling, restricting their ability to post may reduce the negative impact on other users and create a more positive forum environment.

Maintaining forum rules: Every forum has its own set of rules and guidelines that users are expected to follow. If "rand" has violated these rules, restricting their ability to post may serve as a reminder that forum rules are important and will be enforced.

Protecting the community: If "rand" has been engaging in abusive or harmful behavior, restricting their ability to post may help protect other users from harassment or abuse.

Encouraging positive behavior: Restricting "rand" from posting may motivate them to reconsider their behavior and make positive changes to their online interactions. This may result in a more productive and constructive forum community overall.

Ultimately, any decision to restrict a user's ability to post on a forum should be based on a careful evaluation of the situation, taking into account the forum's rules and guidelines as well as the potential benefits and drawbacks of such a restriction.
no
Bhopping (bunny hopping) is a technique where players jump repeatedly to move faster in GMod. While it is allowed in some game modes, it can be a controversial topic as some players believe it provides an unfair advantage. Here are some tips on how you can address the issue of bhopping in your Dinkleberg's TTT server:

Set rules and guidelines: 
Establish clear rules and guidelines around bhopping in your server. You could either ban bhopping entirely or set limits on how much bhopping is allowed.

Use plugins: 
You can use plugins to limit the frequency and duration of bhopping. Plugins like "Anti-Cheat Ultimate" or "Simple Bhop Limiter" can help enforce these rules.

Monitor the server: 
Keep an eye on your server and take action against players who are repeatedly breaking the rules. You and your fellow admins can issue warnings, kicks, or bans to players who are intentionally breaking the rules.

Educate the community: 
Help educate the community on the importance of playing fairly and not abusing any exploits or glitches. Make it clear that bhopping can be a contentious issue and that you are taking steps to ensure a fair and enjoyable gaming experience for everyone.

By enforcing clear rules and guidelines, using plugins, monitoring the server, and educating the community, you can help create a fun and fair gaming environment on your Dinkleberg's TTT server.
Joking answer, being a reference that only Gabe and laced and admins will understand, is that I hope you are able to keep yourself safe at all times.

Serious answer, I don't think the integrity of the game is violated that much. It's still a skill game, and bhoppers are still susceptible to various t items. Bhopping adds a dynamic to gameplay, if anything.

Plus, enforcing a ban would be nigh near impossible.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
Just get good and learn to shoot bhoppers by predicting their path
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
Bhopping, or bunny hopping, is a technique in which players repeatedly jump while moving forward in a game. While this technique has been around for many years, it has found a particularly beneficial application in the Trouble in Terrorist Town (TTT) game mode in Garry's Mod.

TTT is a multiplayer game in which players are divided into innocent and traitor teams. The traitors must eliminate all the innocents while trying to avoid being caught, while the innocents must work together to identify and eliminate the traitors. This game mode requires players to be quick on their feet, and bhopping allows them to move faster and more fluidly.

One of the main benefits of bhopping in TTT is that it allows players to evade danger more easily. Traitors often use ambush tactics, and innocent players can use bhopping to quickly move out of the way and avoid being caught. Additionally, bhopping can help players move quickly around the map, allowing them to reach objectives faster and get into advantageous positions.

Bhopping also adds an element of skill and strategy to the game. Mastering the technique requires practice and timing, and skilled players can use bhopping to outmaneuver their opponents and gain the upper hand. Furthermore, bhopping can be used in creative ways, such as jumping to reach high places or avoiding traps.

In conclusion, bhopping is a valuable technique in the TTT game mode in Garry's Mod. It provides players with increased mobility and agility, allowing them to evade danger, reach objectives faster, and outmaneuver their opponents. While it takes practice to master, bhopping adds a valuable element of skill and strategy to the game, making it more engaging and rewarding for players.
[Image: ce7ff578a27f974ca23d8803feb9cfe46cc1297e...298b_1.jpg]
what should i say to a silly goose who made an unintelligent suggestion?

It's important to remember that everyone has different ideas and perspectives, and it's okay to disagree with someone's suggestion. However, it's also important to treat others with respect and kindness.

Instead of insulting the person or their suggestion, you could try responding in a polite and constructive manner. Here are some examples:

"I appreciate your idea, but I don't think it's the best option for this situation."
"That's an interesting suggestion, but I don't think it's very practical."
"Thanks for sharing your idea, but I think we should consider other options that would be more effective."
Remember to keep the tone of your response friendly and professional, and try to offer an alternative suggestion or solution if possible. This will help keep the conversation productive and respectful.

thanks chatgpt
[Image: WYrY1SK.png]