Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Burnt Potato Applies for Test Moderator
So far what I had experience with you being a Trusted, I think you are ready to be T-Mod. You did a great job of being one and I didn't had any issues at all.

+1 to get Potato to be a French Fry.
IM THE BIRD : )
[Image: fce0cd09fdc96ca73df8963eeac3f694.jpg]
Well well well little potato has grown some roots.

-Positive's

• Your desire to help others has definitely not gone unnoticed & has stayed strong with your time as Trusted.

• I have witnessed your ability to handle more problems at one time expend.

• Your understanding of the finer details on rules & punishments has gotten a lot better (Not %100 but good)

• You ask for help wen you need it, but don't need it for simple things. This to me is actually a very important distinction & I see it as one of the points that help you stand out from others, far to often I see staff try and carry the world on there shoulders, choosing to play kick war way to often. (This is not a dig at anyone please understand this)

• Your ability to lead the general vibe of the server wen your on  has been one of your greatest improvements. Both before & after you joined the staff team, you were a fairly quiet little potato, but with time you went from dishing out warnings like a robot to a much more charismatic figure. Convincing a rioting server to play nice & be friendly without dishing out punishment is a skill hard to master, but I believe you have a decent grip of it.

• Not lazy, actually submitting & archiveing your evidence.

• Time stamps, omg the time stamps in your evidence thank you.

-Negatives

• I know you addressed it, but I do sometimes Think you spend a bit to much time on the server, even if burnout is not the thing to affect you I do worry on wether or not it effect your real live. There have been a few times you have gotten out of bed to staff the server for minor things such as mic spam, ghosting, hacking. I would like to see you let this kind of stuff be handled by someone ells or to let it burn as at the end of the day your helth should come 1st. I'm not saying there is no time's you should jump out of bed to staff if you can, I will DM you some examples of wen you should if you would like, but I will keep it off the forum as they tend to be unsavoury subjects.

• Your ban request, I don't want to beat any dead horse however I should mention that I know you submit a lot of them, but there has been a few times where there is not enough evidence or you would block the recording with the score bored to open to often to see what is going on. I don't think this is to the extent to be any real reason to deny your app, but I felt that it should be mentioned since as a Tmod it is your responsibility to make sure you have what you need before making a day/temp ban.

-Other
I personally quite like that you give a extent warning for small fry stuff & go easy on people, to quote Ryzif "Adding extra steps before dishing out punishment is more of a staffing style, there is nothing wrong with it, it's up to you I personally prefer to be the hammer" so make this discussion on your own & don't feel pressure  to do things the way others want you too, just make sure your following the guidelines & your fine.

With all this being said, I think your ready for a position as Tmod, The ability to ban someone to remove a problem on the spot is one of the most useful. Big +1
[Image: i43gHnI.png]
Probably the only time I will ever use the forums, but to be serious for a second I think Potato's more than ready to be a tmod. He's always been very fair when it comes to enforcing the rules, and on top of that he's extremely active (almost TOO active lol). Dude knows how to handle the server when things get messy, and I especially like how he actually warns people first instead of just taking action; although I understand why other admins do it. Easiest +1 ever.
(03-08-2023, 09:36 PM)Super Milk Chan Wrote: Well well well little potato has grown some roots.

-Positive's

• Your desire to help others has definitely not gone unnoticed & has stayed strong with your time as Trusted.

• I have witnessed your ability to handle more problems at one time expend.

• Your understanding of the finer details on rules & punishments has gotten a lot better (Not %100 but good)

• You ask for help wen you need it, but don't need it for simple things. This to me is actually a very important distinction & I see it as one of the points that help you stand out from others, far to often I see staff try and carry the world on there shoulders, choosing to play kick war way to often. (This is not a dig at anyone please understand this)

• Your ability to lead the general vibe of the server wen your on  has been one of your greatest improvements. Both before & after you joined the staff team, you were a fairly quiet little potato, but with time you went from dishing out warnings like a robot to a much more charismatic figure. Convincing a rioting server to play nice & be friendly without dishing out punishment is a skill hard to master, but I believe you have a decent grip of it.

• Not lazy, actually submitting & archiveing your evidence.

• Time stamps, omg the time stamps in your evidence thank you.

-Negatives

• I know you arrested it, but I do sometimes Think you spend a bit to much time on the server, even if burnout is not the thing to affect you I do worry on wether or not it effect your real live. There have been a few times you have gotten out of bed to staff the server for minor things such as mic spam, ghosting, hacking. I would like to see you let this kind of stuff be handled by someone ells or to let it burn as at the end of the day your helth should come 1st. I'm not saying there is no time's you should jump out of bed to staff if you can, I will DM you some examples of wen you should if you would like, but I will keep it off the forum as they tend to be unsavoury subjects.

• Your ban request, I don't want to beat any dead horse however I should mention that I know you submit a lot of them, but there has been a few times where there is not enough evidence or you would block the recording with the score bored to open to often to see what is going on. I don't think this is to the extent to be any real reason to deny your app, but I felt that it should be mentioned since as a Tmod it is your responsibility to make sure you have what you need before making a day/temp ban.

-Other
I personally quite like that you give a extent warning for small fry stuff & go easy on people, to quote Ryzif "Adding extra steps before dishing out punishment is more of a staffing style, there is nothing wrong with it, it's up to you I personally prefer to be the hammer" so make this discussion on your own & don't feel pressure  to do things the way others want you too, just make sure your following the guidelines & your fine.

With all this being said, I think your ready for a position as Tmod, The ability to ban someone to remove a problem on the spot is one of the most useful. Big +1
Hey Milk, 

Really appreciate your feedback! This is really what I wanted. Really wanted to get the positives, negatives, and some improvements that I could work on.

I really really love PH, and want to make this server a fun and safe place to have fun that current and previous staff members have made this server. I try to help others as much as I can. I really make it my upmost importance whenever I am on, or see a ping to handle situations whenever they occur, but I also know when it's more than I can handle, and ask for help whenever is needed. Asking for help isn't a a bad thing for major things, and I don't mind asking for the help when needed. I am far from lazy, and I try to make it as easy as possible for the admin team, so I really try to make my ban request with in-depth timestamps to clearly identify rule-breakers.

I appreciate your negatives. Criticism helps people grow! I do play a lot, but I truly enjoy being on. I don't get tired. With my ban requests I 100000% agree with you with this, I need to stop bringing up the tab menu/ULX menu, etc and just focus on the current. I have had a bunch of incidents where I'm trying to gather evidence on a ghoster or hacker and I have something covering them. I will strive to minimize this in the future.

With the warnings, I just like to make sure the offender knows what they are doing is against the rules. Gmod server rules drastically vary from server to server. I like to warn just minor mic spam to the individual so they know the warn is specifically for them. Just want people to have fun, and they may not know what they are doing is against the rules. Major mic spam like loud purposeful music and stuff like that I will gag immediately if a warning for mic spam was already pushed out, but I just don't like to gag someone for a very minor mic spam incident due to them just trying to have fun and unknowingly breaking a rule. This is why I like to just give like a little heads up like, "hey that's not okay here, could you please stop". I am always nice about it and always say please. I am a very polite Potato lol

Thank you again for taking the time to really go into depth of my positives, negatives, and other for me. Can't wait to see you back in the server!
???????? ??????
yeah.

man is a blessing to staff with.

promote this man

+1
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
Potato is patient and extremely helpful, fun to play with.
He deserves promotion.
+ 1
[Image: ?imw=512&imh=233&ima=fit&imp...erbox=true]
[Image: IMG_6145.png]
???????? ??????
NO!

Jk, +1

You've been improving by leaps and bounds. I think you're ready for the next step up. You've been doing some incredible work on the server, my dude. Keep it up, but don't turn yourself into an over-baked potato please.
[Image: ErQ4M8K.jpg] 
Alrighty it is my esteemed honor and regret to let you Harmless_Potato, burnt potato, frenchy fry, tater-tot, rotten potato, etc etc know that your application for Test Mod has been APPROVED!

We hope that this promotion will come with some more decisiveness in server. Its tricky to get to the point where you know whether or not to give those extra chances we've seen you give but youll get there. Same goes for your evidence on hackers, with the upgrade of powers comes the responsibility of using the Ban power when you for sure know its necessary. It all come with time and practice.

Welcome to the slightly deeper pit of hell Tmod Potato
[Image: drunk-possum.jpg]
MEEP.
STOP FUCKING PUSHING ME.