Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
It was a bright day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen
(03-15-2023, 11:36 PM)dong Wrote: I don't see the issue because he wasn't joking about that sort of topic. He brought up a particular scene in a movie how is that against the rules?
People have been warned for doing the same thing BillyBob did mentioning that topic in any capacity. I do not see why when it comes to him it is okay but when other people say the same things they are normally warned.
[Image: baby-yoda-star-wars.gif]
(03-15-2023, 11:36 PM)dong Wrote: I don't see the issue because he wasn't joking about that sort of topic. He brought up a particular scene in a movie how is that against the rules?
We have a warn preset called Conversation Involving Pedophilia for situations like this.

Here's how the rule should be handled in the guidelines itself for cont
ext.
[Image: image.png]

I don't think someone applying for any rank of staff should break a major rule like this, then call a moderator telling him not to break this rule that "they're too serious" when they try to tell them not to break said rule.

(don't wanna ping dong again, sorry)

-1. I don't think you take the rules seriously, and I think you take the "chill staff member" role too seriously to the point where you don't enforce the rules consistently with how other staff members do (i.e: there was a situation a few months ago where a guest was micspamming [he was a kid] and instead of letting another staff member gag them, you kicked the guest. You completely overstepped the staff member handling the situation and overstepped the guidelines by a mile. Then when me and the staff member told you not to do this in the ingame admin chat, you kept telling us to "chill out"). It makes me wonder how you would lead the community as an admin if you're going to enforce the rules consistently or take them seriously.
(03-15-2023, 11:16 PM)(DEMON)Skullfire Wrote: I just want to provide context to the reasons I -1ed BillyBob! This clip shows him literally mentioning things that should not be mentioned on the server and when I confronted him he basically told me this is why he -1ed my admin app, (which I have a clip of as well) claiming that I was too serious instead of accepting the blame. As a Moderator you should know the rules and know these things are not allowed and never have been. For a future Admin to blantantly break a major rule and thinking it was okay is unacceptable in my opinion. If more clips are needed please let me know! By the way this clip was from today!

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/...Y3MTYwMTMs
(I'll start this with asking others to keep the server on topic as opposed to responding directly to skullfire)

And post like this is the exact reason why I am making an admin application. The rule is about speaking explicitly sexual manors regarding minors/and topics. That is not the same thing as literally mentioning a scene that happened in the movie Taxi Driver (mind you without even actually talking about what happened at all). It's one thing to be having an inappropriate conversation, or joke (which I have also warned people for doing), it's another to just have a conversation. From what the rules state to what I mentioned are COMPLETELY different. 

What better way to ensure people aren't having fun then to immediately join a server and then warn someone for something they have been having fun doing for over an hour? 

Also your "when I confronted him he basically told me this is why he -1ed my admin app", is in response to me trying to have a conversation with you in admin chat to how I was seeing the rule, and why I thought you were wrong. You responded to this by ignoring me and then when I kept trying to ask you about it you got frustrated and said "Whatever dude I clearly can't talk to you so I'll just talk to Bryan". This is the issue that has happened as you tend to "I know the rules dude I'm staff I can't consider what you said". 

Aside from all of this, as an example of why I want to be an admin, why should we take this rule as strict as we do? If we treat this subject as some dark web taboo it doesn't help the situation at ALL. Religious churches should serve proof as that. Instead, we should confront the issue head on and not pretend that it doesn't happen. If we try and oppress this issue we are doomed to keep repeating it because people will be afraid to bring it up. Lets stop ignoring that its an issue and instead lets embrace ways in which we can fix it. Again, I am all for bans for inappropriate comments and warns for jokes. But not even being able to say the "p word" wtf are we doing??? 

Aside from aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall of this, this directly points to the aspect of me wanting to train staff as an Admin. Our staff need to understand what to warn for, and what not to. We need to understand how to have fun in the server. If we can't even reference a movie scene without getting in trouble what the hell are we doing? This is a GMOD server, this isn't a government. I want to be an Admin to bring fun back and to get rid of the way this points warn system is working. I warned that it would be misunderstood and players would be overly warned, and look what is happening.
[Image: rdm-corp-squarelogo-1446787792629.png]
(03-15-2023, 11:45 PM)(DEMON)Skullfire Wrote:
People have been warned for doing the same thing BillyBob did mentioning that topic. I do not see why when it comes to him it is okay but when other people say the same things they are normally warned.
you know, arguing on staff apps is not what we should do.
Now with that said, your take here is incredibly bad. 
1. what billybob did is discuss what happened in a movie. What other people did was make a joke deriding pedos. Yes, that is a mild yikes, but heres the thing. You are in TTT, as a TTT mod, during evening. Are you really gonna up tight staff this like its a real job? are you for real? chill out.
2.  I don't really understand what your goal is, to talk about this, instead of actually adressing the real problem. WHY is it a problem to talk the topic of pedo shit  is bad? the context of this was that "x actor in X movie kills ring of pedos". don't pretend that it is something different. That is dishonest.

Also the timing and fact that you refuse to talk to billybob is incredibly suspicious.
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
Also i just watched the video and he was not joking about pedophilic stuff???? He literally said they were going to reenact a specific scene from a movie. Yall need to touch grass or sumn.
[Image: image.png]Don't take anything I say seriously
Seems to me that people just like causing issues and drama over any little thing just to cancel someone. (those people need to grow a spine) Billy was doing more community outreach than I've seen most mods who just want to join and instant slay and ban people because they can. He's always reasonable and literally the most famous TTT player of all time +1
(03-16-2023, 12:37 AM)BillyBob Wrote: Also your "[color=#111111][font="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif"]when I confronted him he basically told me this is why he -1ed my admin app", is in response to me trying to have a conversation with you in admin chat to how I was seeing the rule, and why I thought you were wrong. You responded to this by ignoring[size=small] me and then when I kept trying to ask you about it you got frustrated and said "Whatever dude I clearly can't talk to you so I'll just talk to Bryan". This is the issue that has happened as you tend to "I know the rules dude I'm staff I can't consider what you said". 

I brought the subject up to you multiple times and you kept saying I was wrong and just posting big lines of ? marks. That is why I said I clearly cannot talk to you. You just kept telling me I was completely wrong about the situation. This is the last I will comment as I have pretty much spoken my peace. Any staff member knows anything around that subject should not be brought up or said and as I stated many people have been warned for similar circumstances before.

Here are some snippets of the conversation so you can see why I stopped talking @"sad_ti84" :

(03-16-2023, 01:09 AM)sad_ti84 Wrote:
(03-16-2023, 01:04 AM)(DEMON)Skullfire Wrote:
(03-16-2023, 12:37 AM)BillyBob Wrote: Also your "[color=#111111][font="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif"]when I confronted him he basically told me this is why he -1ed my admin app", is in response to me trying to have a conversation with you in admin chat to how I was seeing the rule, and why I thought you were wrong. You responded to this by ignoring[size=small] me and then when I kept trying to ask you about it you got frustrated and said "Whatever dude I clearly can't talk to you so I'll just talk to Bryan". This is the issue that has happened as you tend to "I know the rules dude I'm staff I can't consider what you said". 

I brought the subject up to you multiple times and you kept saying I was wrong and just posting big lines of ? marks. That is why I said I clearly cannot talk to you. You just kept telling me I was completely wrong about the situation. This is the last I will comment as I have pretty much spoken my peace. Any staff member knows anything around that subject should not be brought up or said and as I stated many people have been warned for similar circumstances before.

Here are some snippets of the conversation so you can see why I stopped talking @"sad_ti84" :

this is clipped.
literally was in a voice call with billybob through the whole thing bucko. 
this is laughable.
I literally said they were snippets. I can check my screenshots out to see what I have from the whole conversation if you would like but this was pretty much how it went. I just do not understand why you are coming at me like this for something that is strongly enforce on the server in all capacities. Take this however you would like but I am going to be very blunt. Due to the fact that you are friends with BillyBob anything I post about this subject will not matter as you will feel I am attacking your friend and I am wrong in the situation. Sorry that I do not really care who the person is to enforce the rules but that is how I feel. Also, you say not to argue but your saying my clips are "laughable" for what reason I do not know. Other than that goodnight.
Hi, so I wanted to mention this briefly and possibly make a thread if people find it useful for this topic, but this will be a quick statement. 

For the whole situation, it's blown out proportionally, especially with the mass -1's and the few negative opinions chipping at Skullfire. Could he have handled the situation better? Yes. I personally think he could've verbally warned him, because to me, it was indirectly mentioning about p*dos. This situation would have been less severe and would've probably been discussed with the admins on what is and isn't right for the situation. Could I be wrong about the situation to verbal warn him? Yes. Either way, it was blown out and caused a major backlash against people who are friends with billybob. It could've been disregarded as a small mistake, but this is a good lesson for Skullfire.

The other brief statement is that this community, in my opinion, has slowly grown to be opinionated from two or multiple parties. I enjoy every group of friends I have come across, but creating this sort of drama is not necessary. Mass -1'ing someone because of something you dont like and proceeding to do the same for every one of their posts paints a bad picture. I think it's good to hold people accountable, but taking it to this extent and causing issues with the lack of communication, with the only communication being either on the forums or discord, doesn't help. Sure, other's may be unwilling to make that change and open up to others they dislike and talk through things and it's understandable considering the history with every person connected to others. Please try to make it more on topic with what the thread is presented and treat others fairly as a staff member or a community member, even if they are close friends or a jerk on the server. Don't go witch hunting others and blowing it out of proportion.

As for you Billybob, I have talked to you about your admin app and you present good ideas. I would like to be able to hear more from your plans, but would also like to see more involvement in the forums and discord. You're chillax and calm, as well,l you can have a good time. I would want to be able to see more activity outside the server. I think that it's good to be serious when needed in certain situations and you seem to get along with getting the vibe of the server when it's chill and fun. When it comes to serious situations, I understand wanting to be chill and goofy, but there are times where you just have to take it a little serious. Not too serious where you ruin the fun for players and overpolice, but just enough to set your foot on the ground and tell people that they just need to cut it out or chill out. Just a statement
+1 BillyBob is good faith and would not be the worst admin. Hearing him talk about how he doesn't like the drama side of this shit which you puny weaklings seem to think is important, he wants to do good by the community, even for those of you whom he disagrees or doesn't get along with. I'd say he's fifth in line behind my proposed Tetrarchy of chibill, ryan, slater, and coco. Maybe if one of them dies or makes an off-color joke then this guy would be an OK filler. +1 again.