Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacing jumppack or adding some thing better
So a lot of people in the murder server of dinkleberg keep complaining about how buggy and terrible the is jumppack. So if anyone could hear me out please replace the jumppack with with the angel wings addon in this link or just dont remove it and just have both jumppack and angel wings in the same tab of the pointshop. Also the angel wings allows you to double jump and glide and its not buggy like the jumppack therefore making it better. Im just trying yo help out this community a little bit. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=320418292
Idk, I sorta like how the  jetpack is buggy. It makes things interesting lol. It's like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get. Sometimes you can jump higher than other times
???????? ??????
Gmod and buggy go together like peanut butter and jelly.

That being said @August may have to get a test server up and running now!
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(06-15-2023, 07:20 AM)Jammin Wrote: Gmod and buggy go together like peanut butter and jelly.

I can help with that, thanks for the suggestions :)
[Image: i43gHnI.png]
(06-15-2023, 07:39 AM)Super Milk Chan Wrote:
(06-15-2023, 07:20 AM)Jammin Wrote: Gmod and buggy go together like peanut butter and jelly.

I'm probably going to take you up on that at some point. :)

The jump pack is a stable of pretty much any Gmod server that's ever existed and I know it would hurt to just get rid of it. That being said, I know how annoying that damn smoke can be in terms of lag and visibility for everyone. It wouldn't hurt to explore some other options. Thanks for the suggestion, Guv!
[Image: ErQ4M8K.jpg] 
(06-15-2023, 06:40 AM)Harmless_Potato Wrote: Idk, I sorta like how the  jetpack is buggy. It makes things interesting lol. It's like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get. Sometimes you can jump higher than other times
And sometimes you will be fucked over the whole map because you can barely jump over the smallest things
I am all for removing the jumppack for something different, it's way too annoying.
[Image: image.png]
(06-15-2023, 10:13 AM)August Wrote:
(06-15-2023, 07:39 AM)Super Milk Chan Wrote:

I'm probably going to take you up on that at some point. :)

The jump pack is a stable of pretty much any Gmod server that's ever existed and I know it would hurt to just get rid of it. That being said, I know how annoying that damn smoke can be in terms of lag and visibility for everyone. It wouldn't hurt to explore some other options. Thanks for the suggestion, Guv!
Can you make the test server available for everyone to try it out and create a poll vote deciding weather to keep the jumppack and just add angel wings in the same tab in pointshop or replace it with angel wings entirely
I return to the forums and instantly see jump pack thread, looks like same old dinks

remove it and replace with low grav/universal jump boost, or something else

there are a lot of reasons this should be done but I will only name some
1. jump pack breaks if you have high ping
2. giant fucking weed smoke that fills up your entire screen
3. broke new players have stupid mode jumping while donors and regular players fly around the map and own the noobs, which makes new people frustrated while playing
4. jump pack turns into fly hack with a 10 line lua script that adjusts your cmdrate
5. there are like 15 alternatives that all work better than this stupid item
(06-15-2023, 07:36 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: I return to the forums and instantly see jump pack thread, looks like same old dinks

remove it and replace with low grav/universal jump boost, or something else

there are a lot of reasons this should be done but I will only name some
1. jump pack breaks if you have high ping
2. giant fucking weed smoke that fills up your entire screen
3. broke new players have stupid mode jumping while donors and regular players fly around the map and own the noobs, which makes new people frustrated while playing
4. jump pack turns into fly hack with a 10 line lua script that adjusts your cmdrate
5. there are like 15 alternatives that all work better than this stupid item
Since I have been playing on murder recently want to point out

#2 is an easy fix since all the visual junk is in the item's code and #4 is too (technically already fixed on TTT, one on the TTT test server is stabler tho since it has a small edit from the one on main.) 

No fix for #3
Just bear in mind that movement is fundamentally different on murder as opposed to TTT.
If someone bhops about in Murder, they are a hacker.
If someone bhops about in TTT, they are a sweaty gamer.
If someone bhops about in PH, they are a child.
If someone bhops about in DR

Unlike TTT, where I feel jumppack is fundamental, I feel that murder could probably do away with a functionally similar replacement. Murder is less about movement tricks/flying and more about being able to get to different places/away from the knifeman, so I feel that doing something such as what russ suggests with a low-grav replacement would serve murder well.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks