TTT Warn Appeal
Ingame Name: Snow

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:41928334

Who Banned WarnedYou: Chibill

Reason For Ban Warn: Someone was talking in a way that could be interpreted as sexualizing minors, so I called him a kiddie diddler jokingly. Got warned for the term diddler it seems.

Length of Ban Warn: Expires August 2024

Reason for Admins to Unban Unwarn: A mod said the same thing in the early hours of March 16th, within a similar context (calling someone a diddler), and was not aware that that term was "pedophilic joke" etc. Given that I was a new player to this server, and that GMOD can tend to have pretty raunchy communities, I assumed that the subject matter of my joke was not too far. I know now that these jokes aren't tolerated within the Dink community, and haven't made any jokes of this subject matter since.

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): No.

Other: Potential witnesses include the players online during the map "dog" in the March 16th 1h old logs.
Bellow is the reason for the warn which occurred on 2/12/2024. You say a mod said something similar? Would you know which mod and know if anyone has evidence for this, so that we can properly warn them? 

[Image: oWCbLWL.png]
i think 'diddler' is not that part of that phrase that is what would get one in trouble

it's more of the accusatory nature of calling someone that, even jokingly, as that can come off as bad to people not in on the joke
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
Lying about diddler vs fucker is wild to do in an unwarn request when staff had full evidence and an admin saw it. Pedophilic things are warned immediately even jokes.
(03-16-2024, 09:58 PM)chibill Wrote: Bellow is the reason for the warn which occurred on 2/12/2024. You say a mod said something similar? Would you know which mod and know if anyone has evidence for this, so that we can properly warn them? 

I ain't ratting on someone, and I thought I used the word diddler not fucker, so thats my bad. They aren't the same. However in saying that, the guy who got muted in the screenshot literally making jokes about that, so it was a bit on point regardless of subject matter.

Alls I'm saying is, people don't read the entirety of the rules when they join, and the joke ain't that bad when in context.

When diddler was used last night the server had a reaction similar to the screenshot you posted, so it triggered me to remember my warn.
straight up that was me your talking about and mine was a lot less intense then that i actually just said diddler. i forgot about the rule change i admitted my fuck up and didn't do it again if i need to be warned ill do it myself happily.
[Image: 4kcofo.jpg]thx fish[Image: Salsa_UwU.jpg]
-1, even if someone is acting creepy jokingly calling them a pedo is still wrong as well
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
Comments on this subject in general are not acceptable, especially when it is against one's character... I am a -1 for the warn to be removed. Regardless of whatever word you wanted to use this was not okay to say..
cryptic saying something weird isnt surprising but calling someone "kiddie fucker" is an obvious instant warn -1