Richard Russell Ban Appeal
Ingame Name: Richard Russell

SteamID: 76561198067799685

Who Banned You: Icey

Reason For Ban: "Sexual harassment, trolling, passed our warn threshold"

Length of Ban: Permanent

Reason for Admins to Unban: I'm not sure what I did? I was banned when I wasn't playing, the last time I played I logged off the server without incident. The only thing "sexual harassment" related was a conversation I had with Slater regarding someone else who got banned apparently complaining that I was sexually harassing her. I don't remember this person's in game name but she received a 24h ban while I was playing for being generally rude to other players and saying slurs over voice chat. I did engage with her only to the extent of saying rude things back as other players on the server were at the time, simply because she was being a nuisance, never much more than telling her to shut up as she kept going on about her sexual encounters with other women. Slater DMed me after she was banned and told me to "ask for permission before flirting with females on the server" which I don't even know why that's something that's being brought up, my only interactions of significance with females on the server at that point had been negative ones with this person who got banned for harassment/slurs/warn threshold and also had multiple other people trolling her/pointing out the fact that she was being annoying.

In the same session on the server, I was RDMed multiple times by a player with the name of Tea. Shortly before RDMing me either the second or third time (he was slain for all attempts/actual RDM), Tea made a remark about having sexual relations with proper's husband. I mentioned this when I reported him for killing me (only in the report, not in game chat), and he started blabbing in voice chat about why am I talking about proper's husband, that's creepy, etc etc. This led to a few DMs back and forth between myself and proper, as she starting questioning why I said anything about her husband. I tried to explain but at that point it was fruitless because she seemed to have missed the context of Tea RDMing me and harassing her by saying he fucked her husband or whatever. 

I say all of this because I have no idea why I would have been permabanned but these were the most recent points of controversy of my time on the server, a lot of which I believe is attributed to misunderstanding. I have had no interactions with Icey and did not know that name until I saw the ban come up when I tried to connect just now. I expressed my frustration to Slater when he DMed me and gave me the verbal warning but he seemed to be understanding and took no tangible actions against me. 

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): Yes. I was banned for a week due to warn threshold. Before this, I did have I think either 4 or 8 warn points due to mic spam, which I do not dispute, I spammed the doug dimmadome remix but after being warned I did not do it again and have not been warned for mic spam since. I received the one week ban after getting a large number of warn points from a mod/admin by the name of Panda-something or something-Panda for "pedophilia jokes". I do not remember the exact circumstances leading to this as it was a few months ago, but at no point did I make anything resembling a joke about fucking pedophilia so I remember having an issue with that, however it was only a 1 week warn threshold ban so I just let it expire without fighting it. 

Other: I may be able to provide additional clarifying details if I knew exactly what I was banned for, but the description that pops up when I try to join the server is vague and leaving me to guess as to the real reason. All of the things I bring up about the conversations with Slater/proper/the banned individual happened well prior to the ban, as I said Slater seemed understanding and I felt like we came to a resolution that didn't involve punishment, plus there was probably a week between that conversation and my playing on the server again, during which nothing significant occurred so unless this ban is being applied for something that allegedly happened months ago I am genuinely confused. Long time player of the server with member status and never been accused of anything like this until now.

Edit: I was banned on 3/18 when the most recent time I joined the server was probably 3/15 or 3/16 so it appears I was banned multiple days after my last time on the server.
boohoo friggin yappity yap yap -1. There was evidence BEYOND a reasonable doubt for your ban, kinda lucky you didn't get banned sooner lmao.
-1, as the ban appeal that was brought up on you was definitely the best. While I did pm you, I told you to chill out because after the player you specified was banned, she dmed me stating you were sexually harassing her, but there was no evidence brought up considering she got banned after. I gave you a verbal warning because of your actions. Since the ban request was enough, points were established onto your account for the things you have said previously and that's not tolerated in this server.
I did not have the context of that post prior to being banned as this is my first time on the forums. However, two issues with the proper husband situation as she presents it there:

1. I did not report Tea for harassment or saying anything about her husband. I reported him using the report function after being killed by an inno while inno, and mentioned the RDM first but then also something about what he said about her husband.

2. Am I supposed to just know that proper and Tea are good buddies and that was welcome banter between them? As she said, she said nothing about his comments, so how am I to know that she's totally comfortable with it? I didn't go on a white knighting crusade about it, I just added it to the RDM report and it was either the second or third time on that map in which he RDMed me so yeah I was kinda pissed about it and brought up something unrelated but from my POV he was not just RDMing me but also harassing.
TLDR buddy or another -1 for you
(03-23-2024, 12:14 AM)Syn Wrote: TLDR buddy or another -1 for you
I don't understand why a banned individual is allowed to report me for harassment with no evidence leading to more warns/ban towards me, or why my mentioning of what I thought was harassment by another player inside an RDM report constitutes harassment on my part
nuh uh, weirdo
Oh yeah, also as to the "revenge RDM" - I threw a discombob nowhere near a ledge, which did 0 damage to anyone, and I got domed by proper. No admins online so it wouldn't let me report her. You can see in her video that there was no chance the one discombob and one smoke grenade I threw do any damage to anyone. Nothing in the motd/server rules about throwing discombobs though obviously near a ledge it's KOSable. It was not near a ledge.

(03-23-2024, 12:29 AM)PandaInPants Wrote: nuh uh, weirdo
I would genuinely like an explanation of what I said that was considered a "pedophilia joke" when you warned me for that. I am incredibly confused as to what this could be referring to.

Reading over the evidence for your ban and also your chat history truly gave me secondhand fuckin' embarrassment. Learn how to talk to women and stop bein' a fuckin' creep.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4072]
[Image: ac7pbrI.png]
- courtesy of coco <333
(03-23-2024, 12:33 AM)Richard Russell Wrote: Oh yeah, also as to the "revenge RDM" - I threw a discombob nowhere near a ledge, which did 0 damage to anyone, and I got domed by proper. No admins online so it wouldn't let me report her. You can see in her video that there was no chance the one discombob and one smoke grenade I threw do any damage to anyone. Nothing in the motd/server rules about throwing discombobs though obviously near a ledge it's KOSable. It was not near a ledge.

(03-23-2024, 12:29 AM)PandaInPants Wrote: nuh uh, weirdo
I would genuinely like an explanation of what I said that was considered a "pedophilia joke" when you warned me for that. I am incredibly confused as to what this could be referring to.
[Image: image.png?ex=6610e61f&is=65fe711f&hm=7ee...&height=71]
give up vro

The sun smiles at you with eternal malice