Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enough is Enough: Petition to upgrade 1-month discord ban to permanent.
Can't go three hours without some dumb shit on the forums
former admin2
can we get a ban on this guy while we're at it

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(04-25-2024, 06:20 PM)murl Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 06:17 PM)Ckg Wrote: Another concerning incident just brought to my attention:
[Image: turkish-hong.jpg]

LOL

thanks hong I needed a laugh

Hi would you mind clarifying what you found funny about this?
[Image: ZN1HpFb.png]
(04-25-2024, 06:14 PM)RyanHighman Wrote: As much as I dislike HONG. This posting of evidence from 2+ years ago has gotta stop. The only time evidence should be brought up from that long ago is if it’s providing context to current evidence or if there is a victim involved.

that being said, +1. It’s my opinion that HONG is extremely toxic.
Yeah I agree, I don’t think it’s a good precedent as many members have said unsavory shit in the past and banning for that old of things isn’t the best course of action. 

Now, I also agree that his conduct in the spaces here has been toxic and that hypocrisy is a factor as well. So, yeah, banning everyone for past cringe is not good but it’s also highly hypocritical to advocate for punishment of problematic behavior outside of Dink-official spaces (save things that are illegal/extreme harassment) while displaying problematic behavior inside the official spaces.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
(04-25-2024, 06:23 PM)HONG Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 06:17 PM)Ckg Wrote: Another concerning incident just brought to my attention:
for reference this got its own separate warning both in discord and on the forums (which led to a staff strike as well) thank you for posting
I recall this staff strike and can confirm Hong received one at some point.

Respectfully, this seems like a knee-jerk reaction to Hong posting discord screenshots on Titan's post, and other forum posts. Im not terminally online enough to remember if all of these got discord punishment, but I feel that Hong got the appropriate punishment for recent actions.

If Hong were ever to reapply for staff these would be relevant, but they aren't relevant here as punishments were likely issued already.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
"We're not the group causing drama!!!" 
Also members of this group:
(04-25-2024, 06:23 PM)HONG Wrote:
for reference this got its own separate warning both in discord and on the forums (which led to a staff strike as well) thank you for posting

What about the other stuff? What about your pattern of racism? Thanks for latching onto one minute thing and disregarding the majority like you also have a habit of.
I mean, I suppose it's probably worth mentioning that, I believe, he's currently banned from TTT for the same, very frequent racism towards Latin people.

That being said, two things need to stop. Bringing up thoughts and evidence about behavior you find displeasing as a reaction to something like a staff app or an unban request instead of just doing it as you see it/once you believe there's enough evidence, and the use of old evidence without current evidence of the same to back it up. If that's a hole we want to crawl down, plus apparently taking outside discords into the mix again, most people are fucked.
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
2 years of this shit? And a recent ban for the same exact thing? I'm not gonna lie, I don't see ANY intention to improve upon this at all regardless of any of the recent drama. Dude isn't gonna stop. Just 2 years of allowing this alone is still crazy, there should've been actual proof of improving instead of just relapsing to the same shit. What happened to actually checking if people actually changed.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Project Moon Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
"Why wasn't this brought up sooner?"

Honestly, I approve of a lot of the members who say all kinds of these things to be permanently banned. But I find it hypocritical to only call this behavior out when the person is passionately trying to work on calling out bad behavior they have seen and not just called out for their actions as they have happened. I always found it weird when I hear about someone being racist, harassing people, etc and it being laughed off and ok because "its just how it is".

when I had talked about how weird it was for someone to have 15 slur warns I got told it was weird I wasn't calling out milk for having 60, like bro I joined in 2023 I don't even know milk, and do think it's weird that he has 60 and is still super active.