Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broken Rule/ Misuse of Rule
I posted this in another thread, and was tired of getting no actual answer, so here it goes.

Basic scenario: Someone is near an unID'ed body (Person A). Another person (Person B) approaches the scene, seeing A and dead body. B approaches body, realizes it's not ID'ed as they cursor over it and look at A. B begins to question why A did not ID body, looks down in order to ID the body, and is instantly shot to death, with no warning or response from A. This exchange of seeing the body was not ID'ed, to being shot lasted about 5-10 seconds.

To clarify: MOTD states it's a KOSable offense if one were to walk past a body without IDing it. Nowhere does it say it is KOSable for delaying to ID, without walking past.
Person B approached body, stop directly by body, and made no attempt to leave.
Person A was in direct line of sight of body, and made no move to ID.

So, am I correct to assume A RDM'ed B?

An argument I used for this was that it's sus that neither did an ID

Furthering that point I stated that B shouldn't be forced to risk a body bomb, and because B didn't leave the body, or scene, it was not KOS.

The counter argument was that body bombs are used so rarely that it's not a valid defense for not immediately IDing, another comment stated that B is required to risk it regardless, or else it's KOS.

From what the rules say, it's clear it's KOS only if they walk past without IDing, can I get this to the attention of someone who can change/rewrite the rule, so it's clear AND is enforced correctly.

Thanks everyone.
Being on top of an unidentified body is traitorous. It does not take "5-10 seconds" to press e on a corpse. Person b shouldn't have gone near the body bomb since they can literally see it across the map. So non person B was not RDMd
You're assuming B was a Traitor. Even if this was true, it'd be in the T's best bet to act Innocent, no? Next, no rule states that you have to immediately ID. If there is a rule I missed, please share. Please try not to take this off topic. A lot of what you said assumes rules that are not written, and that is my point.
Okay even if person b were innocent, he would be t baiting. Which is still kosable. You would kill a person standing next to a c4 of they didn't defuse it given enough time, no? Its the same concept.
No, it's not the same point. Person B was suspicious, refrained from action until some form of investigation was made, and was killed for being cautious. As for the "5-10 seconds" that's not the time B waited to press E, it's the time B took to look at body, see it was not ID'ed, look at A, then look back at body in order to ID and was killed. How is it T-baiting?
Shoot A as its kosable if they will not ID the body, but if both B and A stand there BOTH are kosable, meaning now A can shoot B.
EDIT: that's a much as I can break down the rule, I cant help you if you just disagree with it. You had every right to a free kill as a T, didn't take it tho, don't tarnish me over it.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
Not id'ing a body is kos-able under a majority of circumstances.

Simple solution, id the body or hide it better.
                                                                                                TTT - Test Mod
                                                                                  PH - Just a guy who nukes rooms
(06-16-2017, 01:39 PM)Crylo Ren Wrote: No, it's not the same point. Person B was suspicious, refrained from action until some form of investigation was made, and was killed for being cautious. As for the "5-10 seconds" that's not the time B waited to press E, it's the time B took to look at body, see it was not ID'ed, look at A, then look back at body in order to ID and was killed. How is it T-baiting?

It's a traitorous act to not Id a body, so there's no need for a rule that details this situation seeing as it should be common sense. We don't really f822nd the need to list every possible traitorous act my dude
Yeah it'd be absurd to go through every context and situation putting a check or x on KOS-able or not.
It's pretty simple mate, just ID the body.
If some one else isn't id'ing it just shoot them.

The only current case it is not kos-able is if it is so far out of direct site there's no way they saw it with out looking for it.
Behind a counter, stuffed under props, under a pile of bodies.
But if that shit's in plane site? LET THE LEAD FLY BABY!
                                                                                                TTT - Test Mod
                                                                                  PH - Just a guy who nukes rooms
It is sortta up to the players interpretation of the rule. We all know that someone being next to an Un id body or walking past an unid is very suspicious to say the least. This rule is aleady one that has gone through such conspiracy's i guess you can say before. Like i said, it is up to the player to decide what is killable and what is sus. Most people will say "Id that body" But if they see you standing next to it for a time longer then .2 seconds or so, they have pretty good reason to shoot you. because you most likely killed it and you are trying to buy something with a credit you have.
Make sure to click that downvote button                                                                         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^