Poll: Should the Punch-O-Meter mechanic be disabled?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes.
27.27%
3 27.27%
No.
72.73%
8 72.73%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion
The Punch-O-Meter should not be allowed to regenerate. Considering there is no benefit for manipulating props and it frequently leads to people interfering with the living I do not understand why this is still occurring.

Videohttps://youtu.be/Vh7u6WYfqi4

My Perspective: So there are three people (Cassie, RiverStyx, and DuckBently) interfering with the last innocent (Cross) alive. They were asked by Seeker and Mr Turner to stop but they persisted which lead to the death of Cross. They were not punished. 

Offenders:
Cassie STEAM_0:1:203988912
RiverStyx STEAM_0:0:202307562
Duckbently STEAM_0:1:97450713

My question to anyone: What benefit does it do to keep this mechanic in the game?

Other: Other people including a moderator have agreed with me that the mechanic should be disabled.
Life is finite.
this is ridiculous
[Image: cFcBPPs.jpg]
(07-09-2017, 07:23 PM)DaKody Wrote: this is ridiculous

^
Players are warned on a daily basis to "Not Interfere Rounds while Possessing Props." Though there is no rule against possessing them in general, you should not be moving them around in the general area of a fire fight. I'm not sure the Punch-o-meter can be restricted, for it's integrated into the core of TTT. It'd be a mess we do not need to go through.

If you see players interfering with the rounds as a prop, report them via asay (@)
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
(07-09-2017, 07:23 PM)DaKody Wrote: this is ridiculous

Really? Why? I'd love to hear your opinion on the matter.

(07-09-2017, 07:25 PM)Christian Wrote: Players are warned on a daily basis to "Not Interfere Rounds while Possessing Props." Though there is no rule against possessing them in general, you should not be moving them around in the general area of a fire fight.

I'm not sure the Punch-o-meter can be restricted, for it's integrated into the core of TTT, it's a mess we do not need to go through if anything. If you see players interfering with the rounds as a prop, report them via asay (@)

They are warned and it is also in MOTD yet, they still do interfere.
Life is finite.
(07-09-2017, 07:25 PM)Christian Wrote: Players are warned on a daily basis to "Not Interfere Rounds while Possessing Props." Though there is no rule against possessing them in general, you should not be moving them around in the general area of a fire fight.

I'm not sure the Punch-o-meter can be restricted, for it's integrated into the core of TTT, it's a mess we do not need to go through if anything. If you see players interfering with the rounds as a prop, report them via asay (@)

It's more of an issue of staff members NOT doing shit. I clearly said "Warn them or something" multiple times. THAT is another issue though.
Sometimes it cannot be handled by Staff because it is very difficult to track. Deathscenes will show it sometimes, but that's rare. If anything, Staff will have to sit in Spectator and watch them. Most Staff want to play the game as well, so it's most likely it would not be looked into.

I would come on if I could to watch this, but I'm fairly busy right now. However, I hope one of the Staff sits in spec just for a few rounds to moderate it. That is if it's a serious problem.

Edit: I don't know why you guys are downvoting him, this is a legit suggestion.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
So there's a couple things here I will not vote because I didn't get to see it but the punch-o-meter can't really be changed in the way. Also it wouldn't be fair for the people who have fun with it properly. However an alternate suggestion could be to make a new rule saying if they interfere with the game they get punished in some way and depending on how critically they screw the game. I don't know I use the punch-o-meter perfectly fine and have never interfered. So I don't know it's just kind of stupid to let a couple jagoffs ruin it for all the people that aren't rude. Just saying.

A more specific rule better yet
Apparently, There are commands that can disable the Punch-O-Meter http://ttt.badking.net/config-and-comman...possession
Life is finite.
If u get rid of the punch-o-meter then there will be no fun in possessing props. People will always break the rules. Just because some people prop interfere doesn't mean we should ruin it for everyone. I understand the premise of this but NO!