Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We have a problem.
You have probably already been made aware that internet freedom is under attack again.

ISP's want to...

Throttle or prioritize websites and content that it wishes.  
That means slow down content that takes alot of bandwidth, downloads games such as twitch and in turn ask for paid prioritization from these companies holding content hostage.
(For example either valve or YOU paying having to pay your isp more money to download your steam games faster than 100 kbps)

They could also gain the power to block websites such as competitors, opposing political views or even religious censorship.

However we have the ability to fight back.
Now I'm not going to ask people to contact congress (which is i guess ok) however you can make your opinion known better by filling in an official FCC proceeding
This is thee most effective way to make your opinion known.  A congressman can ignore or drop your call but here your comments will be read in an official FCC hearing.

https://www.fcc.gov/ecfs/search/proceedi...((17-108))

Click link-> click express-> fill out form -> submit

That's all  Thank you for your time.
Wow I'm really impressed someone posted about this here. Nice bro. Shit's important
Submitted, thanks for posting this and making others aware.
[Image: c9adb707fb.png]
[Image: 95257fa8be.png]
Just remember that your comments submitted to the FCC will remain on file and possibly archived forever.
Your great grandchildren will be able to look up how their grandparents fraught and won the war over net neutrality.

https://www.fcc.gov/ecfs/browse-popular-proceedings

Almost 2 million people filed with the FCC in 30 days. Not too bad. If this were a white house petition, it only takes 100k signatures to get a mandatory response from the whitehouse.
So you want to bet the FCC is listening.

Out of 5 seats, right now 2 seats in the FCC are vacant and 2 are expiring / finding replacements soon. (one expired in june 30 2016 and another expired june 30 2017) right now only 1 seat is stable
Michael O'Rielly Commissioner New York Republican EXP June 30, 2019

So we are going to have all new blood, appointed by Donald Trump, in the FCC that's why this is so important.
This isn't the first time they tried to do this. Back in or around 2014, the government pulled the same stunt and failed. So they tried it again few years later.
If you never seen me before, then ignore me. Just focus on your job.
If you need to know why I'm here when I don't play the server, just ask.
If you want to know why Nicol is Nicole, then its because Nicole is secretly Nicol.
too much fearmongering happening with this tbh
(07-14-2017, 12:02 PM)Foxka Wrote: too much fearmongering happening with this tbh

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
i've never seen so many people come together to defend the internet

hell, people on /r/MeIRL are posting things like this and its actually kinda cool to see the internet but a good guy for once.
No, I'm not a girl.
[Image: UIqFzqq.jpg]
@"anna" If you search up LGBT is an ongoing issues that is spread and supported through the the internet. But since internet security is coming back again, they're more noticeable once again.
http://money.cnn.com/2014/01/14/technolo...index.html
It was denied on 2014, it failed horribly due to the support that was given. They're going to keep doing this until in hopes people will give up.
If you never seen me before, then ignore me. Just focus on your job.
If you need to know why I'm here when I don't play the server, just ask.
If you want to know why Nicol is Nicole, then its because Nicole is secretly Nicol.
I expect for this to eventually change for the worse. if not at the ISP level then at the device level.

Remember the first generation iphones and perhaps current gen iphones? Apple would not allow you to do certain things over cellular data connection and they still dont.
Download or update too big? Wifi only. Does the APP compete with the cellular phone service like skype or magic jack? Wifi only.

This is what you can expect if this shit passes but worse.

Mark my words. Future phones will have restrictions on what can be done on cellular internet and it will get worse and worse until you are restricted to just email and chat.
The rest will be on wifi only.