Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clarify the Detective Equipment Rule
I like to have fun sometimes and my definition of fun sometimes involves the intentional destruction of detective equipment. Regardless of whether or not this is a "typical" definition of fun, I am occasionally caught in the act. When caught in the act, I am killed almost every time. 

However, the rules based on whether or not you can get killed for damaging or destroying become a bit fuzzy, depending on staff on duty and the rules. So I was curious, as a staff member and player, what is the protocol on damaging detective equipment? As a staff member is a mere crowbar whack a good enough reason for someone to murder another player without me slaying them for overstepping? And as a player, can I be killed for attempting to destroy the equipment?

Looking forward to a response, thanks.
@DaKody @Scoovie
If it's use-able they're good to go. If it's destroyed or made otherwise unreachable, they're kos.

Running away with the tester after testing does not constitute "unreachable" or "unusable".
                                                                                                TTT - Test Mod
                                                                                  PH - Just a guy who nukes rooms
There are two the can kos off hit, tester and health station, the rest are on destruction or unusable.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
^
Actually, as ready as I was to argue this.
He's right.
I'm wrong.
Motd backs it.

Or maybe I just over lapped these because I was reading it on a small ass phone screen :D
" Damaging a tester or health station
Destroying the map tester, even preround"
                                                                                                TTT - Test Mod
                                                                                  PH - Just a guy who nukes rooms
Damaging a tester or health station = kos
Destroying the D turret = kos