Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jump Pack Extra Boost
So yesterday I told Christian that the jump pack had an extra boost jump to it and that it was ranked based, Christian went on an Alt account and confirmed it was ranked based. Donor+ get an extra boost from the jump pack that lets said person jump a lot higher than normal ranked players in the server, giving them a little bit more of an advantage over others like in certain jump spots that they can only get to vs others. Would love to get some input on that.

Sincerely, TheBenzo.
I can confirm this, but I'm really unsure if it's TRULY ranked based. If anyone remembers, Fozzy could make similar jumps like myself before he was Staff and he never donated for Donor either. If anyone still has those recordings from Ted, feel free to post them here.

But yeah, going on an old I was unable to manipulate the jumps I could make on my main. So I'm not sure what it is.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
Naaaah I'm Donor and I dont have a jump boost.
[Image: wiiu-destruction.gif][Image: wiiu-destruction.gif]
(09-16-2017, 01:06 PM)Linfalas Wrote: Naaaah I'm Donor and I dont have a jump boost.

Well Christian was also saying that it could be Prestige based or something like that. Or it could just be that staff have that ability. Dunno, would love to find out.
Not all staff have that jump boosts its a bug that happened a long time ago with a few people hence why Christian, Mini and very few others have it.
[Image: wiiu-destruction.gif][Image: wiiu-destruction.gif]
On my Lights end alt it doesn't jump higher even with jumpack. Then when I was regular I jumped hella high too so it can't be rank based
More time, more skill, better jumps you couldnt make before because of skill. At least in my case I feel like.
At times i've seen say, Christian, make a jump I dont think I could make. I try a few times and then get the same jump.
Something that came to mind was on crummycradle. On the bottom floor there are those shipping containers. I seen him jump from the ground to the top with ease. I tried right after and couldnt come close for a while. Eventually I figured out how and now I can jump to the top of the shipping containers, even tho I bet most others would fail like I did for the first bunch of tries.
Also, Ive noticed the Lara Playermodel looks like you are jumping higher even though you may not be? Could be couldnt be? IDK.
I had a little trouble with the jump boost on a map
[Image: giphy.gif]
Here are the tests I ran on my main and alt account. Notice the higher jump on the 1st and 2nd recording are because I am Jump Crouching. Though I still have a hover delay from strafing, there is a significant difference with jump height / power between both tests. Also, please do not ask how to go into thirdperson, This command was used for educational purposes, and using it in game will get you banned.

But I wanted to leave these here for the purpose of the discussion.

If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
I would just like to note.
Back when I first started I would always try to follow staff around just to see how they play for tips and shit.
There were multiple many instances of them making jumps I clearly could not.
Even hundreds of hours in.
A perfect example is the Van to the Roof on bank.
That was a physical impossibility to me.
Another being the "T" tower on dog.
Once I became a T-mod how ever?
Those jumps became a cake walk.
Now I often notice folk incapable of making the jumps I do even after instructions on strafe jumps, crouch jumps, and looking up (Don't care what anyone says, tested it, it affects your jump.).
Now mind you, grain of salt with all of this.
These are just personal experiences to throw in the pot while we're discussing the matter.
                                                                                                TTT - Test Mod
                                                                                  PH - Just a guy who nukes rooms