Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bringing back the dead
I'd like to pose a question and perhaps get an official forum stance on the matter, but what's your opinion on necro-ing threads? In most places I've seen you'll get insulted/warned either way, for replying to a month(s) old thread or for starting your own thread about the same subject matter, usually getting a suggestion to do the other alternative meaning no matter which you do you'll be wrong. So what do you guys think? Would you prefer someone post in an old thread if they wanted to contribute to the discussion, or would it be better for them to make their own thread to start the conversation anew? Or should we just keep our mouths shut and lurk forever?

Personally, so long as they actually have something meaningful to say, or at least are making an attempt to actually contribute to the discussion, I'm all for necro-ing.
Start a new thread if the thread is that old.
Intel Inside. ©
Unless its one of those threads that 'everyone should post in' (like the Faces thread) make a new thread, otherwise its just very annoying to see.
Starting a new thread would probably work best. Seems more organized. Then people don't have to wade through all the old comments to see the new and new things can be contributed by new people without feeling repetitive.
Usually when people talk shit to the person who necro the thread, the Original reason the thread was deemed dead was because the problem was resolved. Therefore any new comments on the thread are unnessesary and are seen as a unwanted necro. There are posts where necroing is normal and if you get shit for doing so there, dont listen to em :P
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.
I think the best course of action would be to set some forum rules. Often times those who necro are really just new to the forums and don't fully understand how it operates. If we create a set of rules, then we can fully hold people accountable for their actions.
[Image: Disney-Princess-Gifs-Princess-Moana-disn...70-365.gif]
(11-24-2017, 11:27 AM)mkkay671 Wrote: I think the best course of action would be to set some forum rules. Often times those who necro are really just new to the forums and don't fully understand how it operates. If we create a set of rules, then we can fully hold people accountable for their actions.

+1 I agree with this completely some may think it should be common sense, but its not to all people. Some could be first time forum users etc.
+1 for Starky and MK some people just can't understand the Spidey Sense of Necroing so make some official rules for it
Regular - Dink's PH

[Image: 848011109_597887.gif?4]
As far as I recalled if the thread is active then it's okay. If it's dead, recreate one. If you're afraid to comment or bump it, you can always ask first.

There were rules but I think that was on enjin.

Certain active threads cannot be bumped like arguing about rules or staff. If it's about general discussion like "what is your favorite thing to do" is okay to bump.
If you never seen me before, then ignore me. Just focus on your job.
If you need to know why I'm here when I don't play the server, just ask.
If you want to know why Nicol is Nicole, then its because Nicole is secretly Nicol.
How ironic. You could save other threads from being necroed, but not this one. Nice necro of a dead thread.