Poll: !dm should be removed
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
47.06%
8 47.06%
no
52.94%
9 52.94%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deathmatch needs to be removed
im about 90% of the people dont care about this feature for the amount of lag it causes, t's shouldnt be delaying long enough to even need a dm tbh
(01-24-2017, 08:16 PM)kramberry Wrote: im about 90% of the people dont care about this feature for the amount of lag it causes, t's shouldnt be delaying long enough to even need a dm tbh

Coming from the 10%, this new DM seems like it might actually cause more lag than the old DM- then again I left when the old DM was taken out and a lot of other stuff has been changed since then so idk. 

Also, people will get good and stop delaying when people stop using shotguns.
Maybe because you play on a toaster. Because it wasn't lagging for most of us that was playing when dink re-added it.
If you never seen me before, then ignore me. Just focus on your job.
If you need to know why I'm here when I don't play the server, just ask.
If you want to know why Nicol is Nicole, then its because Nicole is secretly Nicol.
(01-24-2017, 09:16 PM)❤ Miss Bunny â¤ Wrote: Maybe because you play on a toaster. Because it wasn't lagging for most of us that was playing when dink re-added it.

It's not frame lag, I've been playing with a whole bunch of people today who were bitching about how laggy the server was
(01-24-2017, 09:20 PM)Knower998 Wrote:
(01-24-2017, 09:16 PM)❤ Miss Bunny â¤ Wrote: Maybe because you play on a toaster. Because it wasn't lagging for most of us that was playing when dink re-added it.

It's not frame lag, I've been playing with a whole bunch of people today who were bitching about how laggy the server was

That's odd. When most of us play it, Yesterday, I think (yesterday was monday... so yes), that was when Dink re-added it. Are you guys sure it's deathmatch, because that's not the only thing we re-added back. When I was playing it yesterday, it wasn't glitchy or anything. But I don't think they want to remove dm, yet. They're trying to fix it to make it work well that won't cause problems especially for sentries.
If you never seen me before, then ignore me. Just focus on your job.
If you need to know why I'm here when I don't play the server, just ask.
If you want to know why Nicol is Nicole, then its because Nicole is secretly Nicol.
I had heard rumors that it's being re-removed.
There's a lot of elements in Spectator deathmatch that interfere with gameplay. People intentionally setting off peace sentries, manhacks being lured to "non-existing" players, leading to those in spectator deathmatch being able to purposely lead them to innocents. There are spawn noises, the occasional body, blood spurts and bullet holes/impact noises that come from spectator deathmatch randomly. I thought someone was sniping me and called sus on a nearby player because of that. It's a nuisance and really isn't worth all of the issues it comes with. Unless we can actually fix those issues, I don't see why we even have it back.
(01-24-2017, 09:39 PM)❤ Miss Bunny â¤ Wrote:
(01-24-2017, 09:20 PM)Knower998 Wrote:

That's odd. When most of us play it, Yesterday, I think (yesterday was monday... so yes), that was when Dink re-added it. Are you guys sure it's deathmatch, because that's not the only thing we re-added back. When I was playing it yesterday, it wasn't glitchy or anything. But I don't think they want to remove dm, yet. They're trying to fix it to make it work well that won't cause problems especially for sentries.

Again, I don't know if it was DM or something else- just that the server was laggy and people were bitching about it.

(01-24-2017, 11:00 PM)Warpizzle Wrote: ...I don't see why we even have it back.

Because it's something that's actually fun to do while the living players who don't know what they're doing delay the round- I don't know what you personally do while you're dead but to me it really outweighs occasional minor nuisances like some asshole kiting manhacks or turrets going crazy.
(01-25-2017, 12:45 AM)Knower998 Wrote:
(01-24-2017, 11:00 PM)Warpizzle Wrote: ...I don't see why we even have it back.

Because it's something that's actually fun to do while the living players who don't know what they're doing delay the round- I don't know what you personally do while you're dead but to me it really outweighs occasional minor nuisances like some asshole kiting manhacks or turrets going crazy.

I get that, and I really do enjoy deathmatch at its time, but ever since we've brought it back there's been some pretty bad end-round lag and those nuisances that you call 'minor' are absolutely not. You have interference with gameplay and innocents being RDM'd because some asshole in spectator deathmatch has to have his fun with the turrets that shouldn't even be interacting with him. There's always one bad apple, and they will spoil the bunch unless we find a way to fix this. I'm all for deathmatch, but without its bugginess. Right now, it's not in a very good state and while it's a great idea and keeps everybody occupied, we really have to think about the little problems, because those problems can become big.
If the only problem with deathmatch was that it interfered with manhacks and D turrets, chances are we would keep like we always did. But the main problem we find with it is lag, which obviously can ruin a player's experience here.