Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tell me about your trips to other countries!
Hey guys! Ray here- tmod on PH (even though I don't have the forums rank yet (I have posted in "Missing Your Rank?")).

I am studying abroad to Japan this summer from May 10th to June 12th, and I would love to hear about your experiences traveling abroad, whether it's been for vacation, moving, studying abroad, or any other reason.

I have never flown, and never been out of the United States. I am ready to go though; I have my passport, and my college is taking care of my student visa. I'll know enough of the language to get around.

Feel welcome to give some advice about flying, being abroad, or even being in Japan (I'll be in Tokyo) if you have been there, or just talk about your experiences going to another country!
"You've got two strong legs; you should get up and use them."

[Image: jqSjJO3.gif]
At the end of my Junior year in Highschool, a majority of our German class stayed in Germany for roughly 5 days. My advice would be try to see as much as you can, for 5 days went really quickly for us. There was so much more I wanted to see, but it was an amazing experience.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
Well I'm a military brat, so I've done my fair share of travelling. 

Born in Guam, moved to Japan just before I was 1, moved to England Kindergarten, moved to Alaska 3rd grade, and now California senior year.
I've also visited France, and Germany :D

The best advice I can give you is make sure you don't focus too much on the tourist sites. 
They are fun yes but also look at the little small buisnesses and such because those places are unlike any other.
Also authentic Japanese food has always been one of my favorite types of food, so like definitely check out that  :P

Another thing: Look up cultural practices/things that are disrespectful and such. Just to make sure you don't offend anyone or something.

Anyways I really hope you have a fun time in Japan. Its definitely one of my favorite places that I've lived  :D
[Image: Disney-Princess-Gifs-Princess-Moana-disn...70-365.gif]
I've never been outside the US except for Jamaica on a cruise when i was young. It was terrifying to start with because there were AK-47 wielding guards everywhere but once we got through the security area it was fun sunny beaches and snorkeling.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
For the past 8 years, I've lived in Texas. Specifically, South Texas. When I'm back at home, I live about 15 miles from the Mexican border. Most things in Mexico are cheaper than in the United States, so I'm used to going over the border with my mother and her parents. We get medical care, prescriptions, clothing, and sometimes just a bite to eat when we cross over. It's not as dangerous as the media likes to claim. Something for you to consider though, as I learned in Nuevo Laredo, is always be vigilant of your surroundings. If something feels strange, leave. Also, DO NOT DRINK THE WATER, unless you look it up to see if it's safe first.

My paternal grandparents, on the other hand, are rich. Instead of sending me money, they take me on fancy trips to different countries.

In 2013, I went to the Caribbean with them and saw a few island nations and coastal Mexico. Not bad.

2015 I went with them to Germany, Hungary, and Austria on a river cruise. We stopped at each port for about a day. Really not long enough to take everything in. Very friendly people in each country. I would definitely recommend.

2016 we went to Italy, Croatia, Montenegro, Greece, and Southern France on a 12 day cruise. Not as nice as the river cruise. People not as friendly. I also fucked up royally and drank the water in Mykonos, Greece. (no i didn't get to party). I ended up sick as a dog for the last 4 days of the cruise and then another 2 weeks back at home. Once again, check the water first.

December 2017 - I went to Paris and London. Worst international trip so far. The people in both cities are truly assholes, especially the Brits.

Advice to you -

Enjoy some movies on the plane ride. Most international flights will have screens on the back of the seats where you can watch some fairly new movies.
Something my grandparents always do is pop some sleeping pills when they get on the flight so they can snooze away for the 10 hr+ flight. If you're cool with putting that kind of stuff in your body, I might suggest that.
Be vigilant and don't get too offended by different cultures. French and Brits are dicks but perhaps it's just their culture. Keep that in mind in Japan. For example, I think that most East Asian countries don't like small talk like us damn Americans.
for around 1/3 of my life, i have lived in Saint. Petersburg, Russia 
during that time, all of my breaks off of school i went on vacations to different places around the world.
iv'e been to around 40 countries and  i'm going to suggest a few to anyone wishing to travel.
Petra- Jordan: the most beautiful canyon you will ever see( also filmed Indiana jones there)
Zagreb- Croatia: all around friendly people and beautiful country in general.
the Netherlads: just go there you wont regret it
Fiji: it is so beautiful here, words can not describe it
i have many other places i could talk about but i need sleep.
"lets fuck lycan" -Starky
Actually haven't went out of country yet but I will be around October, really looking forward to it
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8146001]
I HAVE ALL THE MILK  I RAN OUT OF MILK  OKAY I LOST THE MILK!!!
Going abroad next fall so that should be fun :D
So uh, was fun when I went outside once. Nah seriously, I have not really been outside of country or anywhere far. Just Florida/Georgia that simple stuff.
In 1965 I served my first tour with the 7th cav in vietnam, the La Drang river valley province
[Image: hsk.gif]