Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setro
Offender's Name: Setro

Offender's SteamID: STEAM_0:0:41750005

Offender's Rank: DTMod

What They Did: Made up a rule and enforced it as well as saying it multiple times through CSay

When They Did It: Around 5PM Eastern Standard on Thursday January 26th

Potential Witnesses: @Sea Burns @

Proof: See Screenshots

Other: @queef commando  banned him for Abuse and making up rules for 2 days

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I dont think there needs to be 3 separate posts about a day and a half ban. But I get where you're coming from.
[Image: iOq71ag.jpg]
For what it's worth, I have seen other mods on ttt_mousehouse complain about the radio, !ss'ing it as soon as it starts, and threatening to either KOS the person doing it or take action against them. I don't remember who specifically (although I think it was Derpy doing the latter in particular), but what Setro did isn't unprecedented.

(01-26-2017, 05:21 PM)Moderate Hurricane Weather Wrote: Offender's Name: Setro

Offender's SteamID: STEAM_0:0:41750005

Offender's Rank: DTMod

What They Did: Made up a rule and enforced it as well as saying it multiple times through CSay

When They Did It: Around 5PM Eastern Standard on Thursday January 26th

Potential Witnesses: @Sea Burns @

Proof: See Screenshots

Other: @queef commando  banned him for Abuse and making up rules for 2 days

I have two things to say about your involvement in this. Firstly, if what @"Setro" said is true at the part just above the screenshot on this post, then you basically baited him into doing something that would get him punished, when it could've been resolved by talking it out with him. Instead, assuming this is the case, you did something immature when it could've been handled a lot better.

Secondly, although it's too late now, you need to include more detail in your post. Since Setro posted on the forum already, we have perspective on what exactly happened, but without that perspective, we would have no clue what the hell this is even about. Don't rely on that, the least you could've done is link to the post (assuming it was made first, since I can only see '1 hour ago' on both), or if the post wasn't made yet, you could've described it yourself.

Don't assume I'm siding with Setro on this. I'm going to stay a bystander here, since I agree with some points made by both sides, but I think it's important that I point out what I see here.
so you're gonna call in queef to get me banned, and then post this after we all had a discussion over this?

i don't know why i'm getting shit on for this. i get that i made a mistake, and shouldn't have 'made up a rule', but i was just trying to help the server. it was never my intent to harm anyone, i just wanted the shitty music to stop because usually 90% of the server votes in opposition of server music. i should've made a vote, but really?

i respected you, moderate. i've always tried my best to help you out and witnessed you make numerous mistakes as a T-mod, but now seeing you trying to get me severely punished over 1 fuck-up is making a mountain out of a mole hill and makes me lose that respect i had towards you.
[Image: laXmwYH.gif]
(01-26-2017, 07:29 PM)Moderate Hurricane Weather Wrote: Like i said in my reply to the other thread, queef asked me to spam the radio as to see what Setro response would be.

That's not the point, you had literally just told me in admin chat that spamming the radio is KOSable. Check your own screenshots, they show you telling me that. I knocked off the "one use = KOS" since Queef showed he disagreed with it.
And even if you weren't trying to get me banned, I am banned anyways, and you posting this is overkill due to that.

Here's where you say "activating the radio is not KOS, spamming it is": http://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/atta...php?aid=51
[Image: laXmwYH.gif]
(01-26-2017, 07:11 PM)Setro Wrote: so you're gonna call in queef to get me banned, and then post this after we all had a discussion over this?

i don't know why i'm getting shit on for this. i get that i made a mistake, and shouldn't have 'made up a rule', but i was just trying to help the server. it was never my intent to harm anyone, i just wanted the shitty music to stop because usually 90% of the server votes in opposition of server music. i should've made a vote, but really?

i respected you, moderate. I've always tried my best to help you out and witnessed you make numerous mistakes as a T-mod, but now seeing you trying to get me severely punished over 1 fuck-up is making a mountain out of a mole hill and makes me lose that respect i had towards you.

1: i'm not trying to get you severely punished.
2: my intent was for queef to clarify to you about the radio. 
3: I pointed out the official server rules and how there was no part about radios, or mouse house.
4: "numerous mistakes as a T-mod"? i can remember 1 (forgot that you cant put a name with spaces to FSpec someone or else it FSpecs all the other people with spaces in their name [side note: Took some slays for that]) and probably wrong judgement on a report once or twice. 
5: I was trying to help you by pointing out your error, but you wouldn't listen. (why i called queef in)
6: A forums post can help to clear things up with non-staff who don't know what's going on.
If you're spamming the radio, you're trolling, and that isn't allowed. Setro isn't the only mod to enforce against the radio spam.

If you activate it once, however, there's no problem with that. Just instruct people to go into console and type 'stopsound' if they don't want to hear it, and you can also do that yourself instead of doing '!ss." Simple. This is also an issue on the best map ever, our beloved DOOM map. Once the music begins, it gets stopped globally by a mod. Why can't you just !ss? (I do understand that doing stopsound doesn't help against spamming, which is why it should be enforced by mods)
I'm locking this because the matter is being handled elsewhere.