Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dimesdale Wand
There is also the instance that people that keep getting locked up by people that aren't Traitors by the wand, will just get tired of it and quit playing because of the wand abuse.
(06-15-2018, 04:52 PM)ExiledShadows Wrote:
(06-15-2018, 03:37 PM)EpicGuy Wrote: I don't see why the wand should be KOSable as it right now. With other map related items, there's a clear reason for the item to be KOSable: it can kill you and other people. The wand just locks you in a room, and you can't get out until someone lets you out, or you die. If you don't want to be locked in the jail, run away and stay away from the wand spawn.

Hillrop was talking about T traps on the server, and mentioned that a cool trap would be releasing the jail floor and everyone dies. Now that is a reason to make the wand KOSable, and would make the wand useful. Right now the wand is useless, and is nothing more than a teleporter to the idiot corral.

When you're basically rendering a player useless by locking them up and leaving them there that's no worse than death. You think people are gonna hear my rescue plea when there's so much screeching over the mic? I know I'm getting left to rot once I get jailed. Telling someone to completely ignore a portion of the map isn't fair either as @Hillrop worked hard on the map. It's just silly.
I never said to completely ignore a portion of the map. As it stands, the wand is nothing more than a teleporter to the idiot corral. If the jail floor becomes a T trap, and it kills anyone in the room, then make the wand KOSable to hold. Until then, tough turkey. If you don't want to be put in jail, run away from the person holding the wand. 

How is this any different from the jail cells in 67th_way? If you don't want to be locked in the cell, don't go in the cell. If you don't want to be jailed on Dimmsdale, don't be near the wand. I understand that there will be instances where you can't run away and get poked with the stick. It's happened to me, but all of this is predicated on the fact that the Traitors have to work together to kill everyone in the jail, and how often does teamwork happen 'round these parts?
(06-15-2018, 06:07 PM)EpicGuy Wrote:
(06-15-2018, 04:52 PM)ExiledShadows Wrote:
(06-15-2018, 03:37 PM)EpicGuy Wrote: I don't see why the wand should be KOSable as it right now. With other map related items, there's a clear reason for the item to be KOSable: it can kill you and other people. The wand just locks you in a room, and you can't get out until someone lets you out, or you die. If you don't want to be locked in the jail, run away and stay away from the wand spawn.

Hillrop was talking about T traps on the server, and mentioned that a cool trap would be releasing the jail floor and everyone dies. Now that is a reason to make the wand KOSable, and would make the wand useful. Right now the wand is useless, and is nothing more than a teleporter to the idiot corral.

When you're basically rendering a player useless by locking them up and leaving them there that's no worse than death. You think people are gonna hear my rescue plea when there's so much screeching over the mic? I know I'm getting left to rot once I get jailed. Telling someone to completely ignore a portion of the map isn't fair either as @Hillrop worked hard on the map. It's just silly.
I never said to completely ignore a portion of the map. As it stands, the wand is nothing more than a teleporter to the idiot corral. If the jail floor becomes a T trap, and it kills anyone in the room, then make the wand KOSable to hold. Until then, tough turkey. If you don't want to be put in jail, run away from the person holding the wand. 

How is this any different from the jail cells in 67th_way? If you don't want to be locked in the cell, don't go in the cell. If you don't want to be jailed on Dimmsdale, don't be near the wand. I understand that there will be instances where you can't run away and get poked with the stick. It's happened to me, but all of this is predicated on the fact that the Traitors have to work together to kill everyone in the jail, and how often does teamwork happen 'round these parts?

Theres..theres jail cells on 67th way? o-o
(06-16-2018, 01:05 PM)Conspireing Wrote: Theres..theres jail cells on 67th way? o-o

Yes.
Let's try this. https://goo.gl/forms/xYXZq6Soq64k4Yio2 . The great thing about my map is that unlike other maps you guys have the power to change things.

My Maps
been here since September 2016
To be honest, I think the wand is fine for anybody to use without any KOSing, but I think there should be a way T's can let themselves out of the jail from the inside. That way not everyone has to suffer inside the jail cell? Just a thought.

Regardless, the wand is a dope part of the map. so thanks hillrop