Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Request: YinYang
Offender's Name: YinYang

Offender's Steam ID: STEAM_1:1:15171104

Potential Witnesses: @Partycrasher @"Connar" @Aiser  @"Guru Drak" 

Reason to Ban: Ghosting

Proof: [Image: HstQO7N.png]

Other: He was apologetic and hasn't done it since, but I was told I should make a BR about it just in case.
[Image: running-shaggy.gif]
did you happen to catch who was the barrel too?

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
Barrels aren't sentient. ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
also, was any kos called on the players ghosted or killed, etc. so I know the extent

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(07-01-2018, 03:11 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: did you happen to catch who was the barrel too?

I did not, I did not know what happened until the end of the round when I was handling the report.
[Image: running-shaggy.gif]
This was pretty late game and there weren't that many people left, but there were a lot of MIAs. After I read out Connar's name the barrel jumped twice. I gasped and said "it's Connar!" and then Connar gave himself away saying "hey that's ghosting!". He wasn't exactly trying to hide that he was a Traitor at this point, but this was still very unfair on him. I did KOS him. It immediately felt wrong doing all of this.

I had been camping the entire round somewhere that Connar had walked past before. Not long after this Connar had finished off the whatever innocents there were left alive and said to me "Still camping in that little spot?" I said yes. Before he could get the jump on me and grenade me however I left the spot and got the jump on him, winning the round.

There was someone who admitted to being the barrel in the post game but I didn't catch the name, sorry.

I think I should be banned for this because even though I wasn't ghosting in the traditional sense (giving info from beyond the grave) I did facilitate it and use it to my advantage. I don't know if it changed the outcome of the round, but it's very sleazy behaviour from me. I knew it was wrong and I really am sorry about it. I haven't actually apologised to Connar yet, but even if he didn't seem too upset by it, I'd like to do so anyway.

I'd like to compare this to EOE's gimmick of asking obnoxiously for traitorous items such as a body bomb. I remember (I think it was him anyway) him asking me directly (he was just making a stab in the dark) to open a traitor door for him. I didn't even know we were next to one. Anyway, for the luls, I did. And he, rightly, killed me on the spot for it. As EpicGuy asked, "what were you expecting to happen there?". I told him I wasn't thinking right really. I think the key point is that EOE didn't let me live, and told me "sorry if I left you alive that would be teaming."

As soon as I got any information (credible or not) I should have refused to use it or better yet kill myself so I didn't have the opportunity to.

Irrelevant: This situation reminds me of when Major Ingram cheated on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by having a member of the audience cough when he read out a correct answer. He was punished too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQoNWw0G2AY

I did apologise to Connar. When I mentioned ghosting he couldn't remember the incident that happened earlier today. I reminded him about the jumping barrel and he said "oh, that thing that happened forever ago?" ... "Yeah I don't really care about that"

But I don't think this should really effect how I broke the rules.
I gave myself away by saying that was ghosting and didn't really hide that I was a traitor because I was already KOSed, so I didn't really care. I guess it might have made it easier to kill the others, but I did anyway and it didn't matter to me. If you want to get banned to clear your guilty conscience or whatever then be my guest, but if no one else gives a fuck then neither do I.
Considering his conduct in replying and coming on the server to apologize and that Connar is fine with it, I'm going to close this as a warning @YinYang

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~