Poll: Remove ttt_outpost31
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes.
63.64%
7 63.64%
No.
36.36%
4 36.36%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ttt_outpost31
Hey all.

Recently, it's come to my attention that certain maps seem to mess with, or completely break, playermodels. (looking at you, ttt_vault.)

The map in particular that I'm making this thread on is ttt_outpost31.

Now, this map is notorious for breaking playermodels, whether it be making them T-pose, or just making them completely invisible.

@Dildo Shwaggins has already made a thread on this, but it didn't seem to gather enough attention to be able to have a legitimate discussion on it, which is why I am now making this thread.

Now, Shwaggins has provided the evidence in his thread (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...t-glitches) that I'm now going to be using here. In other words, I stole your screenshots, Shwaggins. Thanks!

[Image: WKkph1w.jpg]
[Image: nwDPpku.jpg]

Now, as you can see in the screenshots above, RibbedforHisPleasure is complaining about not being able to see anyone, and PutinSpotted has been "spotted" T-posing. (I'll take my award now, tyvm)

This is obviously a problem, and one that's gone unaddressed for a while. On his thread about the map, Shwaggins says that it has led to people RDMing because they cannot see people and they thought the other person had a Cloaking Device. I don't think I need to explain why that's a problem.

(note: this part is entirely my opinion, don't slaughter me for it.) In addition to the actual bugs this map presents, it's just a bad map overall. Don't get me wrong, I love the movie "The Thing" as much as the next guy, but did we really need a map that perfectly recreates not being able to see your own hand in front of your fucking face while you're outside? Not to mention the ridiculously small hallways. I've gotten trapped in a hallway with about 8 other people who simply refuse to move, and we got taken out by a Holy. Oh, and God forbid you're a T, and you prefer sniping people. @"Guru Drak" has nightmares about this map.  

What I'm calling for is a complete removal of the map, or, if we have any members of the community that can possibly fix it, then do that instead. Replace it with one of the many maps from the TTT Summer Maps Suggestion thread. 

Or don't. I don't really care. That's why I made this ridiculously long thread.

Let me know what you guys think about this.
Or to be honest just remove the playermodels, they all suck anyway.
Also ya, outpost isn't too great of a map by itself, i only stay in one area of the map since the rest is just either sniper town or hallways were barely two people can go buy and you get insta knifed.

But ya we should just remove the playermodels tho.
Make sure to click that downvote button                                                                         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^ 
@Laced Xanax I do recall the movie when I was young. The map does have a T trap for releasing the dogs ( never seen used ), but it lacks access the heads walking away via spider legs after you used a flamethrower on the body. The blizzard conditions prevent it from being a sniper map, similar to the Train map with global door sounds and heavy fog.

There are quite a few maps needing removed for server performance or crash causing issues, such as @City stated last night, just before people voted for nuclear power, followed immediately by the server crashing on round 1.

Along with invisible models that become t-posters once you relog, some maps just aren't suited for play. We have Bank and Whitehouse with inferior old versions of the map which aren't optimized for large player count. We have HUGE and Meh, which causes high salt content and blurred vision after a single round of playing.

If you'd like to go further, the map voting system is outdated. Instead of playing the same 10 maps all day, why not give maps a weight value. The more you play a map, the less it appears in the 8 map vote at the end of maps. If a map is rarely played, it appears more often in the list. We continue this until we have a list of maps no one wants to play, remove them from the server, then we have a smaller list of maps everyone is fine playing with, and no more buggy maps causing model issues and crashes. (Fast Food half the time doesn't load the library props for me).
[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

Groovy
(09-17-2018, 05:32 PM)Guru Drak Wrote: @Laced Xanax I do recall the movie when I was young.  The map does have a T trap for releasing the dogs ( never seen used ), but it lacks access the heads walking away via spider legs after you used a flamethrower on the body.  The blizzard conditions prevent it from being a sniper map, similar to the Train map with global door sounds and heavy fog.

There are quite a few maps needing removed for server performance or crash causing issues, such as @City stated last night, just before people voted for nuclear power, followed immediately by the server crashing on round 1.

Along with invisible models that become t-posters once you relog, some maps just aren't suited for play.  We have Bank and Whitehouse with inferior old versions of the map which aren't optimized for large player count.  We have HUGE and Meh, which causes high salt content and blurred vision after a single round of playing.

If you'd like to go further, the map voting system is outdated.  Instead of playing the same 10 maps all day, why not give maps a weight value.  The more you play a map, the less it appears in the 8 map vote at the end of maps.  If a map is rarely played, it appears more often in the list.  We continue this until we have a list of maps no one wants to play, remove them from the server, then we have a smaller list of maps everyone is fine playing with, and no more buggy maps causing model issues and crashes.  (Fast Food half the time doesn't load the library props for me).

I like the weight value idea, but the problem with that is the smaller list of maps is eventually gonna get boring, and then we're gonna end up having this same discussion over and over again. why not vote for maps to be removed and replace them with maps that are also voted in by the community? 

I, for one, don't enjoy Mehhhh, and wouldn't mind replacing it with one of the other abstract maps that @jimbo and I tested. 

Hugeproblem makes me want to kill myself. 'Nuff said. 

I like the way you think, though. The weight value idea is one I didn't think of, and if we add it into the server, I'd like to see how it plays out.
who r u

i voted no r u happy
merry christmas xbox
@Laced Xanax If we can get rid of cancer maps that harm the server or player count, and show what else we have to play ( possibly more cancer we don't know about ), we can add new maps to the mix after. Seven or eight pages now of suggestions to pick from in the sticky thread.
[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

Groovy
de dolls n mc dolls n fast food n roy the ship only plz
merry christmas xbox
(09-17-2018, 10:06 PM)Jimbo Wrote: de dolls n mc dolls n fast food n roy the ship only plz

how about uh mehhhh
(09-18-2018, 08:22 AM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(09-17-2018, 10:06 PM)Jimbo Wrote: de dolls n mc dolls n fast food n roy the ship only plz

how about uh mehhhh

fuck no
merry christmas xbox
I like this map, but if player models get fucked on it then yeah it should probably be removed. Would be nice if the map could just be fixed instead of removed though, but that won't happen.