Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New roles? Spice things up a bit?
I think the server could do with roles other than Innocent, Detective, and Traitor. Not only would it make things interesting and keep people on their toes, it could make for a good selling point.

I suggest the use of one of these two addons.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...1092556189 Thie one is more tame, as well as being what the Yogscast use

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...1215502383 This one is a bit more wild, with a ton of new roles.
No.

Edit : Full explanation.

These types of addons / roles are mostly for local play / heavy modded custom servers.

Dinks isn't really a heavily modded server, it has some player models, some guns, some t weapons. That's it.

Ususally servers with these roles have different in-game movement (jump, speed, nograv, etc), OP T weapons, and a way less expensive pointshop.

If anything these roles would be put on a "Customs" server, and not the regular Dinkleberg server.

Think of it like this, there are Minecraft Faction servers that have some custom aspect to them, and then there are OP Faction servers where everything is overpowered but more fun, that's what these roles are mostly for.

You could suggest one of the dead servers (cough murder or deathrun) be changed to an OP/Customs server, but it most likely won't be accepted.

P.S : looked through some of the roles, some looked cool but these would just make it even more complicated for new players and there would have to be alot of new rules written.
"Rue the day."
an unhealthy balance of skill and toxicity.
[Image: 4JZPSYV.png]
Maybe as a separate game mode but not for ttt. I'm pretty sure this was suggested before too.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
I agree with Avi in the fact that if these are added, it should be on its own server. Also, I feel like more roles would mean more things to learn for new players.
Well, then, would running a secondary add-on focused TTT server be possible? I'd certainly donate a money amount of money to help make it happen.
Maybe Murder can use this
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member
Well, tried to post a second post asking if a secondary seever would be at all possible, but it kept giving me an error
I like the idea, but as stated this would be an absolute NIGHTMARE to implement. There'd have to be a complete rework of a lot of rules. Not to mention adding completely new ones. It'd be cool on a smaller server perhaps
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(04-15-2019, 12:09 AM)Ember The Flareon Wrote: Well, then, would running a secondary add-on focused TTT server be possible? I'd certainly donate a money amount of money to help make it happen.

i don't think it would get enough traction, while i'd love to see it happen, you gotta take into account that it's most likely gonna be a heavy mod server, so theres gonna be alot of downloads, alot of gameplay changes, alot of rule changes, plus i think people come to dinks for the semi-vanilla experience (minus the piece of shit jetpacks) so idk if another server would get traction, probably just end up like dr and murder : dead.
"Rue the day."
an unhealthy balance of skill and toxicity.
[Image: 4JZPSYV.png]
No roles, only ranks
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions