Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Unassigned kick rule
To my understanding the previous rule of kicking after 3 or 4 rounds being changed to an hour I'm concerned about the amount of time farming that will occur due to this new rule, I feel like anything over either one full map or about 30 minutes should be considered time farming and should result in a kick. Thank you for taking the time to read my rule suggestion and have a nice day.
I also agree, an hour seems like too much time to be afk. Imo 30min should be fine. Im not so concerned with time farming as inactive players taking up player slots when the server is fully populated. If you are afk for an entire map then you should be kicked regardless of time.
My problem with it is the afk dude that get 3 t rounds in a row causing the rounds to take forever. I do agree with the time being changed. It should be a full map or 30 minutes, which ever comes first. It also sucks to be stuck off the server because of afks on a full server
(05-21-2019, 12:25 PM)killerZoreo Wrote: My problem with it is the afk dude that get 3 t rounds in a row causing the rounds to take forever. I do agree with the time being changed. It should be a full map or 30 minutes, which ever comes first. It also sucks to be stuck off the server because of afks on a full server

To my knowledge, this only applies to PH.

Also, an hour? Who's keeping track of people being AFK when there are other things to moderate on server?
(05-21-2019, 01:59 PM)Trickboy Master Wrote:
(05-21-2019, 12:25 PM)killerZoreo Wrote: My problem with it is the afk dude that get 3 t rounds in a row causing the rounds to take forever. I do agree with the time being changed. It should be a full map or 30 minutes, which ever comes first. It also sucks to be stuck off the server because of afks on a full server

To my knowledge, this only applies to PH.

Also, an hour? Who's keeping track of people being AFK when there are other things to moderate on server?

Lol. My ability to pay attention to what game this is for is amazing. My other points still stand.
Okay so I'll throw in my two cents here.
I had originally had it set to thirty minutes. (Twice of the under thirty players amount seemed fair imo.)
Dink specifically requested, that if we are UNDER THIRTY players, the time be afk for an hour. (Do status in console, it shows their connected time, etc.)
If we are over thirty players, its different. Only 15 minutes. (3-4 rounds or so) So the concern about inactive players taking up slots for a more full server isn't an issue Sember.
Time farming is completely different than afk as well. It is treated differently too. It's easy to tell who is afk and who is time farming.
I personally still prefer the 30 minutes for under 30 players, but this is what dink wants.
Personally I disagree with it being this long for both servers as well. Members do it a lot, taking up slots. Yeah we remember it in case they want to apply for staff but why have it this long in the first place.
Not to mention the many problems it causes when staff start to abuse the rule, even if on accident.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(05-21-2019, 02:52 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: Personally I disagree with it being this long for both servers as well. Members do it a lot, taking up slots. Yeah we remember it in case they want to apply for staff but why have it this long in the first place.
Not to mention the many problems it causes when staff start to abuse the rule, even if on accident.

This is the issue I had with it. It's hard to keep track of an hour, 30 minutes was one map. Ezpz.
An hour just seems too long. I mean yeah under thirty players helps with the full server thing, but I feel that 30 minutes should be plenty. At an hour, you could seriously go play another game while you just gather up time to your name on PH. You could bake a cake. You could get photos developed. You could listen to T. Swift's "Shake it Off" 16 times over. An hour is too long.
[Image: ban_2.png]
[Image: aug_kick_2.png]
This isn't really considered new. The hour had already been here to begin with. People could be connected for a whole map and get around 40 minutes of play time, but them being afk for a few more minutes completes the hour requirement, but this doesn't mean they are time farming. As staff we know when this person goes afk, we notice that they were playing last round and go afk for the next map. I do suggest that, if people know they are gonna be afk for longer than 20 minutes just leave, cause if they want to come back and play, they can reconnect. An hour seems reasonable. For these reasons I'm (-1) on this idea.