Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guess Who?
Guess who is basically hide and seek with NPC's. I have seen two different ways of it implemented, one having a meter showing how close you are to the player and one without. I do not want to see the one with that meter as it is almost impossible to win as a hider. I think people may enjoy this game mode more as it is a hide and seek based game, more like PH than DR or  Murder. If people wanted to play on it I wouldn't mind seeing it and join in on it.
Ex TTT Mod Dec 14, 2019 - Dec 14, 2019
Ex PH Mod April 14, 2019 - January 20, 2020
Ex PH Mod May 9, 2020 - May 27, 2022
Proud member of the RDMS
Ex Forum Admin May 6, 2022 - May 6, 2022
Former PH Map Editor

Here is a couple questions. How popular is the game mode. In my experience when i tried playing guess who there was only a handful of people on and a pain in the ass to join a server with more than two people that wasn't private. How many people in our community would play it often? Would it end up like murder with players in our community joining the first week then die for a long time? I don't see the point in Dink spending his time replacing dr or murder with another server that won't take off or be populated often.
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(06-19-2019, 06:15 PM)🔥 NoToast 🔥 Wrote: Here is a couple questions. How popular is the game mode. In my experience when i tried playing guess who there was only a handful of people on and a pain in the ass to join a server with more than two people that wasn't private. How many people in our community would play it often? Would it end up like murder with players in our community joining the first week then die for a long time? I don't see the point in Dink spending his time replacing dr or murder with another server that won't take off or be populated often.
Guess who isn't a very populated game mode and I also question the interest of it in the long run, yes its fun to play on occasion but I don't see it keeping a lasting player base.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
I feel like one of the dead servers should have a rotating gamemode, I've been on a server like that where the gamemode would rotate each month, and the points would carry over, but it's alot of work for each of the files and the shops and all that backup space. It's just an idea for people not joining in on stuff like Guess Who. I saw an old server called Gmod Party, I like something like that, idk if its a gamemode that dink could get but that would be fun to get on. I like a guess who server, its good to try then not try at all.
Yeah that's how I kinda feel about it, I'm not sure how it would be if it did replace one of the modes. I think maybe giving it a trial run or maybe what Abdel said might be good if possible. But only if others are feeling up for it.
Like anything else we should cast a poll to see what gamemodes people are interested in. I think guess who is cool, I think hide and seek is cooler, and deathmatch is better then that.
I think Hid N Seek would be more better to add - As a Old player of a Hid N seek community , A lot of players enjoy it and like to hid from the seekers.

Yeah its just like PH but without the props - But you have to look at the numbers / the more people it brings in the more the servers will grow.

But yeah I highly doubt this will be put into affect as you gotta look at how you start it up - Time for it / Staff (Unless the staff from the removing server switch) and money wise as well.
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member
(06-21-2019, 09:12 PM)Sharky Wrote: I think Hid N Seek would be more better to add - As a Old player of a Hid N seek community , A lot of players enjoy it and like to hid from the seekers.

Yeah its just like PH but without the props - But you have to look at the numbers / the more people it brings in the more the servers will grow.

But yeah I highly doubt this will be put into affect as you gotta look at how you start it up - Time for it / Staff (Unless the staff from the removing server switch) and money wise as well.

you just switch the gamemode in the server files shark so he'd just replace dr or murder with whatever mode
[Image: J6yUs0g]
I do believe we should switch to a Zombie Survival server since zombie survival can hold many player slots and has room for variety regarding weapons and pointshop accessories and perks. 

I used to staff a zombie survival server and I would not mind helping it get started.
[Image: Garry_s-Mod-4_27_2019-3_48_35-PM_Trim-_2_.gif]
From personal exp. guess who is not a popular game mode, and zombie survival is one of the worst servers to run it's almost as cancerous as HnS (Hide and Seek), people constantly teaming thus blocking doorways, my suggestion is a bhop or a surf server. TBH both DR and Murder can have a lot of players if there was people trying to get it populated but for me I'd rather play on other DR servers because of the speed cap, most servers have it at capped at 1k, ours is 1/2 of that. A slight increase of it might see players joining, also fixing some timezones (some maps have exploited times i.e only 4 seconds, or doesn't have it at all) and Death areas might help with that as well. Murder I haven't had any interest in it so I can't comment on that.
The smol an frigil coffee addict
[Image: 86a906c81529bb510b2cfb0162a3035c.png] [Image: 83315f5c55d2650bb8f111e855b7c85c.png]