Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New TTT stuff
So recently there has been a lot of changes to the TTT server. I’m making this thread to bring some of these points together and if you have other suggestions please add to it!

Bees: They’re meant to replace the man hacks with “better” hitboxes and less damage but they are broken. You are able to pickup them and basically use them as a tester or just instantly kill anyone if you run into them with it. Also they don’t show up in damage log. I believe they spawn too many with the bee nade and also the fact that they are barely able to be hit means they are not balanced.

The Bat: a new T/D weapon that could potentially replace the broken newton launcher! It’s pretty decent but needs nerfed. It has a additional speed buff as well as dealing enough damage to kill someone with all 3 hits in inclosed spaces. Either the damage or the speed needs to be removed. I think the speed should be removed since it has the same speed boost as bold/brawny brew. Otherwise would be a decent replacement for the newton launcher.

Suggestion for another T weapon: I believe a flash would be a good addition as a T weapon to at least try out. I’ve seen it used on other servers where it only blinds you for a second ish at most and it’s a good add on to try.

New Weapons: I haven’t been able to test out some of the recent new weapons but I haven’t heard too many complaints about them and they seem to be mostly balanced from what I can tell. The only thing I can think of is having the VAL’s ammo to be the same as m16 (9mm small boxes) instead of smg ammo.

Other weapons: I’ve already told dink about other weapon things that need to be changed including the m16 firerate and a couple ammo glitches with other guns.

If you have any other suggestions to add to this please feel free too! Try to keep the thread on topic with only reasonable things added to it.
the bees are to beeroken but what should replace the bees
[Image: q0SdkAI6QPaeF9Oi-uqjbA.png]

[Image: NcxeGyl-THSvKxgssH34Pg.png]
(06-24-2019, 03:22 PM)daeganislegit4Trusted Wrote: the bees are to beeroken but what should replace the bees

I’ve heard suggestions for adding back the manhacks and just reducing the damage they deal which in this case would probably be better then bees. They spit out 5-20 bees with a single grenade and do a lot of damage to people.

That or just find a more working add on that actually works on the server and not only test server with the bad hitboxes.
Ok I like the bees, I don't think they should bee removed. Dink should be able to change whether or not they can be picked up in the lua for them.
( ͡°_ʖ ͡°)

Bees are just annoying. I like the idea of adding back manhacks and reducing their damage. Maybe reduce their health too so that they can be one-shottable with a Deagle or the like.
"Be excellent to each other and party on, dudes!"
(06-24-2019, 03:21 PM)Norman | 22194 Wrote: So recently there has been a lot of changes to the TTT server. I’m making this thread to bring some of these points together and if you have other suggestions please add to it!

Bees: They’re meant to replace the man hacks with “better” hitboxes and less damage but they are broken. You are able to pickup them and basically use them as a tester or just instantly kill anyone if you run into them with it. Also they don’t show up in damage log. I believe they spawn too many with the bee nade and also the fact that they are barely able to be hit means they are not balanced. We're aware of this and have informed Dink. Server needs to restart sometime soon for the removal to take effect.

The Bat: a new T/D weapon that could potentially replace the broken newton launcher! It’s pretty decent but needs nerfed. It has a additional speed buff as well as dealing enough damage to kill someone with all 3 hits in inclosed spaces. Either the damage or the speed needs to be removed. I think the speed should be removed since it has the same speed boost as bold/brawny brew. Otherwise would be a decent replacement for the newton launcher. Speed needs removal, completely agree. 

Suggestion for another T weapon: I believe a flash would be a good addition as a T weapon to at least try out. I’ve seen it used on other servers where it only blinds you for a second ish at most and it’s a good add on to try. Gabe and I were planning on testing this later, will get back to you on that.

New Weapons: I haven’t been able to test out some of the recent new weapons but I haven’t heard too many complaints about them and they seem to be mostly balanced from what I can tell. The only thing I can think of is having the VAL’s ammo to be the same as m16 (9mm small boxes) instead of smg ammo. No comment

Other weapons: I’ve already told dink about other weapon things that need to be changed including the m16 firerate and a couple ammo glitches with other guns. <---- this

If you have any other suggestions to add to this please feel free too! Try to keep the thread on topic with only reasonable things added to it.

I think, overall, you really hit the nail on the head, buddy.
There are many problems that come with the bees that I don't really believe are worth going in and fixing. I'll make a list of all the complications I've run into recently in testing and playing with them. 

1. I actually find them harder to hit than the regular manhacks. Half of their hitbox is basically invisible, and it makes it really complicated to actually shoot them, especially when they zoom around like a chihuahua on crack. 
  2. The next most obvious thing is the sounds that come along with them. They're very loud and distracting in the game, I ended up turning off all of my sound just so I could think straight because it seemed like almost every T was always spawning around 2 or 3 clusters of them every round.
  3. As mini stated above, they aren't listed in the damage logs. Now that isn't as much of a problem IF the current online staff are.. always spectating people that hold a bee.. which they won't, because that just seems ridiculous for them to have to do just to deal with possible RDM that could occur with them. What if an innocent got a bee grenade off of a traitors body, then threw them? It would make it harder than normal for the staff to track all the damage that was done, how many people died from it, etc.. because they don't show up like any other rdm method. 
  4. You can also hold them with your magneto stick, as Trombowen said above, there is possibly a way around this point because you can make it so that players can't pick them up anymore. However, as it is, someone can bhop around the map at lightning speed and kill people while holding a bee.
  5. While the damage that they do is significantly less (15) than what the manhacks (50) did on hit, there are as I said.. 2-3 clusters of them at a time on a map because everyone spawns them.. The damage from A LOT of them will stack and in the end do more damage than the manhacks we had before.
  6. We also noticed that when bees get stuck in a corner or somewhere else, they end up lagging the server.. and that's kinda bad. 
My suggestion still stands to half the damage that the manhack does (maybe 25 on hit), and decrease their overall health so that even if the hitbox is a little bad, the lower health and damage will compensate for it and make them no longer overpowered and more so balanced. 

[Image: JEWxCz7.jpg] welcome to the dinkleberg bee-keeper society.
==================== L i l y =====================
[Image: tumblr_ne6mgl5MRJ1s3ci0uo1_500.gif]
"Nah, google it up, shitlord."
The world is but a treat, when you're on easy street
========================================================
Bees are a wonderful replacement.  The more comical a weapon tool, the better.  I was surprised by the bat also being included.  With 3 ammo it is quite fair.  And since there is a loud noise, similar to bees, you know they are being used, not silent like knife or harpoon.

If you want replacements, Handcuffs should replace the ankle monitor which has a broken model and glitchy behavior.

Thought you killed Trombowen only to get killed by him 5 seconds later, perhaps he bought the Dead Ringer traitor tool.

If you think the Disguiser is too good, then there is the Prop Disguiser which turns a Traitor into a prop for 20 or 30 seconds.  Hide as a barrel, or traffic cone, your choice depending on map.

In addition, the RDM Turret is the bane of many players not working as it should.  Perhaps add the Melon Launcher for Detective.  Even better, the Detective Portal Gun.
[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

Groovy
(06-24-2019, 04:11 PM)Cosmic Tortoise Wrote: Bees are a wonderful replacement.  The more comical a weapon tool, the better.  I was surprised by the bat also being included.  With 3 ammo it is quite fair.  And since there is a loud noise, similar to bees, you know they are being used, not silent like knife or harpoon.

If you want replacements, Handcuffs should replace the ankle monitor which has a broken model and glitchy behavior.

Thought you killed Trombowen only to get killed by him 5 seconds later, perhaps he bought the Dead Ringer traitor tool.

If you think the Disguiser is too good, then there is the Prop Disguiser which turns a Traitor into a prop for 20 or 30 seconds.  Hide as a barrel, or traffic cone, your choice depending on map.

In addition, the RDM Turret is the bane of many players not working as it should.  Perhaps add the Melon Launcher for Detective.  Even better, the Detective Portal Gun.

I think the ankle monitor is a fine addition seeing as the viewmodel was fixed so that it’s not in your screen anymore and if you’re able to get it on someone then you’re able to see their blip through the walls and stuff.

The dead ringer would cause way too much Masan confusion to be had and would be too op.

The Melon Launcher would probably just cause more RDM from accidents while it flies by the person they are trying to kill because of bad aim. Plus props flying around a server that tends to be more crash prone isn’t no a good idea. Neither is the portal gun. It would cause too many crashes cause people had the bright idea to throw props through it or to gain mass amounts of velocity quickly or to easily exploit maps for multiple people.

The prop disguiser, while I’ve played with it on another server, can be sometimes fun but when it would get used in excess would be almost unfair. Just go play PH.
(06-24-2019, 03:21 PM)Norman | 22194 Wrote: So recently there has been a lot of changes to the TTT server. I’m making this thread to bring some of these points together and if you have other suggestions please add to it!

Bees: They’re meant to replace the man hacks with “better” hitboxes and less damage but they are broken. You are able to pickup them and basically use them as a tester or just instantly kill anyone if you run into them with it. Also they don’t show up in damage log. I believe they spawn too many with the bee nade and also the fact that they are barely able to be hit means they are not balanced.

The Bat: a new T/D weapon that could potentially replace the broken newton launcher! It’s pretty decent but needs nerfed. It has a additional speed buff as well as dealing enough damage to kill someone with all 3 hits in inclosed spaces. Either the damage or the speed needs to be removed. I think the speed should be removed since it has the same speed boost as bold/brawny brew. Otherwise would be a decent replacement for the newton launcher.

Suggestion for another T weapon: I believe a flash would be a good addition as a T weapon to at least try out. I’ve seen it used on other servers where it only blinds you for a second ish at most and it’s a good add on to try.

New Weapons: I haven’t been able to test out some of the recent new weapons but I haven’t heard too many complaints about them and they seem to be mostly balanced from what I can tell. The only thing I can think of is having the VAL’s ammo to be the same as m16 (9mm small boxes) instead of smg ammo.

Other weapons: I’ve already told dink about other weapon things that need to be changed including the m16 firerate and a couple ammo glitches with other guns.

I agree with all of Norman's explanations. I would like the bat to lose the speed and flash to be added. Bee's just need to be fixed if we end up keeping them instead of manhacks or the manhacks have decreased dmg and better hitboxes.

W I L D
I Am Inevitable. 

:)