Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Removing Shotguns
Okay, so, I started this thread as kind of a joke born out of frustration, but a lot of members of the community seemed to have resonated with it so I decided to make a more serious thread here. Can we address maybe removing some or all of the shotguns? Whether permanent or temporary I feel like shotguns should be removed again. They are typically a one-shot kill and can fire off multiple shots with relative ease, unlike other one-shot weapons like the snipers, deagle, s&w, etc. Even if shotguns are removed for a short period, say one month, I feel like it would give many players, new and old, time to be acquainted with weapons that, pardon me, require skill. I don't mean to offend anyone who uses shotguns. If you want to be offended refer to my other post. But I would really like the upper-staff to consider making this change. Even reducing the number of shotguns from 4 to one and nerfing the damage could have major positive changes on the way TTT is played right now.
[Image: 7onE1Qa.png]
I am t-  J - s not t - G - s and especially not the plural of tj. That would be retarded.
No
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
On my phone so I'll just have to attach the image.
Short answer: no.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: b_560x95.png]
Just get rid of double barrel simple zzz
==================== L i l y =====================
[Image: tumblr_ne6mgl5MRJ1s3ci0uo1_500.gif]
"Nah, google it up, shitlord."
The world is but a treat, when you're on easy street
========================================================
Remove the DB till the exploit is fixed. Also you will get banned if you're caught abusing it, so don't do it.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
(07-13-2019, 04:28 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: On my phone so I'll just have to attach the image.

Doesn't mean it can't be more balanced.

"We need to have something overpowered so that noobs can get the satisfaction of killing people easily."

I mean I agree that a situation where only the s&w etc is used isn't good either because that just makes it impossible for everyone but the best, but, like, isn't the overwhelming use of the automatic weapons the sweet spot? We should just make it so new people can come on and shit on people with an op weapon so that they stick around? I'd rather the game be more fun for everyone overall. Besides, I don't think the average person playing a new game is looking to be able to kick ass right away in order to stay and keep playing. Removing shotguns doesn't automatically result in everyone using the s&w, they can both be balanced.
@Christian msged you for clarification on the double barrel exploit. talking to dink about removing it if it's easily exploitable.
I don't think any server would agree to something like this. I don't believe drop off range is able to be coded into Garry's Mod, and that's a huge portion of the strength of shotguns. Rather than removing them, it seems a lot better to work on fire rate as well as damage per pellet. Not only are they only extremely accurate and fast firing, but also do tons of damage. The problem with lua tweaking weapons in Garry's Mod is that minuscule value changes sometimes feels drastic.

A huge argument of mine is that the pointshop has a loadout function, and the purpose of loadouts is to offer benefits to your playstyle according to what map you're on. You could argue it takes no skill; I argue it takes skill knowing when and where to use a shotgun. I haven't encountered many people using shotguns over extremely accurate weapons and I argue that the multiple one shot weapons create the gap between the player base, not the shotgun. It must be off-putting for new players to die before even firing a shot. Our server has some great players, and I can't be the only person to think the skill of some of our players have with weapons that can take a player out in seconds is an unpleasant experience to most that can't match it.
(07-13-2019, 07:14 PM)Connar Wrote:
(07-13-2019, 04:28 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: On my phone so I'll just have to attach the image.

Doesn't mean it can't be more balanced.

"We need to have something overpowered so that noobs can get the satisfaction of killing people easily."

I mean I agree that a situation where only the s&w etc is used isn't good either because that just makes it impossible for everyone but the best, but, like, isn't the overwhelming use of the automatic weapons the sweet spot? We should just make it so new people can come on and shit on people with an op weapon so that they stick around? I'd rather the game be more fun for everyone overall. Besides, I don't think the average person playing a new game is looking to be able to kick ass right away in order to stay and keep playing. Removing shotguns doesn't automatically result in everyone using the s&w, they can both be balanced.

I sorta disagree about the fact that shotguns are op (besides the db when you exploit); I do consider them a crutch though.

By  crutch i mean soundsmith's (tf2 youtuber) definition of crutch: "A weapon that bad players use cause of its ease of use that's also a worse weapon in general."

The sun smiles at you with eternal malice
(07-13-2019, 05:16 PM)Christian Wrote: Remove the DB till the exploit is fixed. Also you will get banned if you're caught abusing it, so don't do it.

I thought that was fixed.
[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

Groovy