Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I might be dying inside...
So, some of you know, but a lot of you don't know that I have 3 dogs. Bella (Black Lab 10yrs old), Willow (Yellow Lab 7yrs old), and Jasmine (Chocolate Lab 4yrs old).

For the past couple weeks, my oldest dog, Bella, her health has been declining. Declining to the points she doesn't want to touch food anymore, she shakes 24/7, and she has difficulty walking. So we finally took her to the vet this morning for her usual checkup, and we were told news that no-one with pets want to hear. She's dying.

Bella has been diagnosed with Stomach Cancer. The vet says that she is not in pain, she's just not hungry because of the cancer. Bella has been eating just enough to survive and not lose weight. She is past treatments with how old she is and how far the cancer has progressed, so the only thing we can do is keep her comfortable and spoil her until her last few days. She was given until the end of next week, August 9th, to live. However with how she is, it's very well possible that she'll slip away in her sleep sometime this week, the vet said with her condition. Or if she starts becoming in pain these next few weeks, the "humane" thing is to put her down.

Bella has been my dog for almost 11yrs. I've had her since I was 8yrs old (currently 20) and the pain of losing her, or even the thought of losing her is unbearable. And as a lot of you know, I've been binge-ing this game for 4-5 days now, but with the current situation, I will probably not be on as much in the coming weeks. Most of my time that I'm not working will be spent with her, the little time I have left.

I hope the server doesn't burn down without me :)

-Semper
Sorry to hear it, man. We don't know each other, but if you need someone to talk to I'm always here.
Sorry to hear that man. I know how it feels losing one we lost both of our older labs in a span of two years Buster(10) to liver failure and Tulip(12) to old age last year. Take all the time you need with her.
[Image: J6yUs0g]
Losing a close pet is hard, especially with something like this, and I hope you will be alright. Take care and we will try to not burn down the server without you, and come back when you're ready. If you need anything my dms are open as Im sure others are as well.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
I understand how you feel and I'm sorry to hear, I hope the best for you and Bella.
These are hard times, just do what you can to the best of your ability so you have no regrets with I'm sure the best girl  Heart
Update...

A few hours after we got home from the vet with her diagnosis, Bella took a major turn for the worst. We had to rush her to the vet ER, and apparently the first trip took so much out of her, that the pain she was truly in started to show full force. To the point she wouldn't walk anymore among other things. So we had to make the hardest decision we've ever made, and put her to rest. The regular shit day, turned into the worst day of my life very quickly.

Thought some of you would like to know.
(07-28-2019, 07:18 PM)Semper Wrote: Update...

A few hours after we got home from the vet with her diagnosis, Bella took a major turn for the worst. We had to rush her to the vet ER, and apparently the first trip took so much out of her, that the pain she was truly in started to show full force. To the point she wouldn't walk anymore among other things. So we had to make the hardest decision we've ever made, and put her to rest. The regular shit day, turned into the worst day of my life very quickly.

So sorry to hear that. Just get some rest and try to think about all the good memories you've shared with her. Dog lives are short, but always worthwhile. I am sure she lived her best life and was spoiled rotten. It was her time, and she was ready. She wouldnt want to see her bestfriend sad. 

I am sorry for your loss, my thoughts go out to you and your family. Rest easy Bella. May you get plenty of doggy treats for being a good girl in doggy heaven.
(07-28-2019, 07:18 PM)Semper Wrote: Update...

So sorry you have to go through this kind of pain. I have many cats and dogs and had many cross that rainbow road and it always killed me inside. But at least your doggo is no longer in pain and now she'll be waiting for you when the time comes. 

I wish the best for you and your family and hope you'll come back when you're ready.
[Image: tenor.gif]  [Image: 8eC0kbM.gif?noredirect]
I just read your comment and Im sorry for your loss Semper. Take it easy and we're here if you need us.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~