Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addition or Replacement for Detective
Detective Bodyguard

Addition or replacement to the RDM Turret aka Peace Turret.

Everyone knows the RDM Turret kills about 1 innocent for every traitor it kills long after the detective is dead.  I suggest a new item to either replace or to have in addition to it with the same function, but mobile.

The detective bodyguard follows the detective around and will shoot anyone who damages the detective.  If enabled in config it can shoot missiles if the target is too far away ( sniping ).  It only protects a player holding its remote control ( remote does not allow users to target anything ).  This means you can give it to another player.  If the remote is dropped, it won't protect the player, or do anything if you die ( since you drop items on death ).

There are eight config options for the tool to allow it to be nerfed or made OP depending on what admins decide.  If to enable missiles or not, speed of travel and if homing style or not.  It also has damage of bullets and gun range.  Health pool and regen for the turret if any.

This is something I've been wanting to see for a while as it is very similar to Battlefield 2142's squad turret which did the same thing ( aside from missiles ).  I'd often spawn it then get in a tank. 
[Image: latest?cb=20120227230833]

If it is only a gunner I'd be happy with that.  Not all maps accommodate peace turrets being useful, a mobile gun that doesn't ignore the detective being gunned down right in front of the turret would be quite nice.
[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

Groovy
OSo, a mobile peace sentry that only attacks people who damage the detective?

I smell RDM.

Edit: Matt hit edit not reply and is dumb sorry
It does seem like it could be exploitable, more so then the peace sentry, but it could always be tested on the test server, so I don't see why not
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(08-16-2019, 02:30 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: OSo, a mobile peace sentry that only attacks people who damage the detective?

I smell RDM.

Edit: Matt hit edit not reply and is dumb sorry

Wouldn’t it be defense at that point

Also oops lol

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
I do think that this is a cool concept, but I can see a few problems it could cause:
1. The detective could use it as a helper for mass rdming
2. It could kill an inno for crossfiring the detective.
3. A traitor could get the remote and destroy everyone
4. If it shoots missiles, it could easily become a problem of multiple cases of accidental mass
(08-16-2019, 02:53 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: It does seem like it could be exploitable, more so then the peace sentry, but it could always be tested on the test server, so I don't see why not

Testing would be be nice, couldn't do so in Sandbox.  Couldn't even find it but that might just be me.  As stated though there are configs for damage, damage type and health.  Current turrets shoot people off damaging the detective, but also other players, so this version won't kill innocents who killed a traitor in range then.

Been testing other things in sandbox that could be fun, but might be OP as well such as a Boomstick version of Double Barrel that shoots 8 shots all at once and is louder than an AWP, only 2 shots unless ammo is adjusted otherwise.  Corpses explode as well.

(08-16-2019, 03:07 PM)killerZoreo Wrote: I do think that this is a cool concept, but I can see a few problems it could cause:
1. The detective could use it as a helper for mass rdming
2. It could kill an inno for crossfiring the detective.
3. A traitor could get the remote and destroy everyone
4. If it shoots missiles, it could easily become a problem of multiple cases of accidental mass

1. Mods can ban or slay midround already though for current mass rdm or hackers, no different really than tools already available.
2. RDM turret does that too, but we still have it.
3. If a player is running around unproven with a robot following him, he's unproven with D/T tool and already kos at that point.
4. Missiles are only enabled if Admins think they are needed, most likely they won't be due to AOE damage, mass potential.

Groovy
This seems cool but it would absolutely destroy the detectives karma.
[Image: 7onE1Qa.png]
I am t-  J - s not t - G - s and especially not the plural of tj. That would be retarded.
(08-17-2019, 11:03 AM)tjs65 Wrote: This seems cool but it would absolutely destroy the detectives karma.

The current RDM turret doesn't count kills for the detective, having 0 impact on karma.  Testing would be required to see if a robot version did or not.

Groovy
(08-17-2019, 01:17 PM)Cosmic Tortoise Wrote:
(08-17-2019, 11:03 AM)tjs65 Wrote: This seems cool but it would absolutely destroy the detectives karma.

The current RDM turret doesn't count kills for the detective, having 0 impact on karma.  Testing would be required to see if a robot version did or not.

I'm guessing it would because it's an item in one's inventory while the RDM turret just stays on the ground and isn't connected to a specific player.
[Image: 7onE1Qa.png]
I am t-  J - s not t - G - s and especially not the plural of tj. That would be retarded.
guess your suggestion doesnt matter anymore now PepeLaugh
"Rue the day."
an unhealthy balance of skill and toxicity.
[Image: 4JZPSYV.png]