Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling out Hackers
Calling out a hacker outside of admin chat should be against the rules. It can turn the server against that player and staff. It can also cause the player to act less sus (but still hack). All of these things make it harder to collect evidence. A great example of the first point made is the no wok situation that occurred a while back. (The player in question was not actually hacking, but I find it to be a good example)
You can't really make that a rule cause people on the server don't really use common sense. Most of time people are smart enough to @ us in admin chat and let us know of a suspected player. Problem is, most of the hacks that people use tell them that someone is spectating them. Which deters the hacker from using said hacks further. On the other hand, most of the hackers don't give two shits and aimbot or wallhack anyways. So making this into a rule is just not worth it in the end.
[Image: nXzQb2c.jpg]
I see and understand the good intent, but people who have played gmod for more than 5 minutes would use the @. Like Renzo said some hacks will come with a spec shower and show the hacker who is specing them so they'll see you watching them. I'm not for it becoming an official rule because I'm not a fan of punishing new players as that's who i usually see do it are new people to gmod. I believe TTT has a lil memo that pops up in the chat box that tells people how to report sus activity and ph staff has their own binds for when people call it out.
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(08-22-2019, 10:31 PM)happy Wrote:  I believe TTT has a lil memo that pops up in the chat box that tells people how to report sus activity and ph staff has their own binds for when people call it out.

Correct. In fact that message is way more likely to be seen than something in the motd. Perhaps increase the rate of it appearing, because it's fairly low.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
I sure do love the regulars who report it in open chat and insult the hacker then get mad when he toggles off so I can't get evidence to ban him which causes the players to attack me :).
    xoxo       Twitter         Youtube           Steam
Oh yeah that's always been fucking amazing trying to nab evidence. Seeing several mongeloids spamming chat with "X is a hacker!" like mods'll ban folks because that person "Exposed" the "Hacker" in open chat
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.
(08-23-2019, 09:29 AM)Fozzy Wrote: I sure do love the regulars who report it in open chat and insult the hacker then get mad when he toggles off so I can't get evidence to ban him which causes the players to attack me :).

Are you a hacker though?
But the reason we have admin chat is for that reason. Becuase it’s happened many times people will be like so and so is hacking and I’m trying to get evidence but then it causes them to turn off hacks or leave. I would agree with making it a rule becuase I mean I know it might not be seen this way but it’s basically interfering with staff.
I may look calm but in my mind I just killed you three times

#SMOL SQUAD 2016-forever

Nicol Bolas
Would punishing people for reporting hackers discourage people from reporting anything?
(08-23-2019, 02:24 PM)Tedgp908 > Wrote: Would punishing people for reporting hackers discourage people from reporting anything?

I would like to not punish people for it but make it known to not do it and discourage it.
I may look calm but in my mind I just killed you three times

#SMOL SQUAD 2016-forever

Nicol Bolas