Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurricane Dorian
Hey all, just want to give y'all a heads up for those who live in Florida, are traveling there or are already down there visiting. Please do not take Hurricane Dorian lightly. Myself and a few of the other members who have lived in Florida most of our lives have seen what strong hurricanes like these can do. When Hurricane Francis (Cat 4) hit my home when I was little, it nearly destroyed my house. My whole roof collapsed, my entire house was flooded and there was major water damage. My home was not nearly prepared for the strength of that storm. Lucky we were at my Uncles house that was hurricane resistant. But for some of us, our homes are not in the standards or codes it should be to withstand such force.

For those who live close to the coast on the Atlantic side of Florida, be careful of the storm surge and major flooding. Currently, it's expected to slow down before it makes landfall and that will make the storm a lot worse than what was originally expected to be. Again, do not take this storm lightly. People will lose there lives and have loss there lives to storms like Dorian in the past. If you live with family, please take the time to help them and prep for this storm. They will need all the help they can before it arrives. Make sure you have plenty of food, water, batteries and gas for your generators (If you have them). 

Currently, the storm is projected to make landfall literally over my house (In West Palm Beach) so I tell you all of this with a heavy heart to please be careful, and do not do anything stupid. Especially if you have never been through a hurricane or have never been through a hurricane above a Cat 3. Please be safe and my best wishes and good luck to all who are riding out the storm like I am.

Good luck and God bless.

- Renzo
[Image: nXzQb2c.jpg]
Stay safe Renzo
[Image: J6yUs0g]
I’m here ready to take a shit on this hurricane
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Stay safe. To all of you in florida. I have friends and family there. Stock up on everything like renzo said.
Food water batteries gas flashlights, get food that doesnt expire fast like canned goods etc
Make sure you have blankets or bags it helps.