Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove the Sandvich already
I'm not entirely sure when it was added, but I know it was within the last week of the time of this post. A lot of players recently (myself included) think this item is very strong and needs to be removed immediately.

Traitors on this server have a vast array of utility items to help them win a round. There are several arguably 'cheap' items as they are mostly instakill. These items include: Knife, Harpoon, SLAM (80% of the time), Melon Mine, AWP, Poison Dart Gun (D's only buy health stations for innocents poisoned about 30% of the time), Body Bomb, and probably another I am forgetting. Point is, these items are very strong and can easily win a round for the traitors and usually are 4-6 of the Traitor's kills per round.

On top of all this, you also have the defib. The defib can already make fighting traitors very frustrating as I have had several matches personally where there is 16 people when the round starts, and ends up being 6 traitors during the round because two get revived. The proportions with these utility items make it very hard for innocents to win if 3-4 get killed before a Traitor dies.

Now, with the addition of the Sandvich, traitors can now fully heal themselves within a 1.25 second time period as the use time and cooldown for the Sandvich is extremely low. 4 uses with the 25 hp lets Traitors moderate and prolong extended fights or even just simply instantly heal themselves in the middle of a firefight. Pair this with body armor, a single Traitor usually has about 2.5x an innocent's health assuming they utilize their sandvich.

Pair the defib and Sandvich together and that makes a single T account for 3 now (assuming they defib a T buddy and buy a Sandvich, which happens at least once a round nowadays). On top of all this, new players that do kill Traitors with Sandviches are then punished for trying to eat the Sandvich they drop and take 25 damage as they might not know it damages them once dropped.

TL:DR: Traitors already have a high winrate without the sandvich and now with it, it's even higher. Pair this with all their utility items they already have and it is almost downright unfair at times as Traitors just simply have more numbers. Either reduce it to 50 hp total or just simply remove it
Agreed, make it strictly a detective item that replaces transfusion kit.
Where you at suggestions committee.
Workin on it :)
[Image: ehzhie1yovv21.jpg]
This gets suggested to be removed, but Brawny Brew doesn't?

Wack.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
but i'm hungry
[Image: gYIxK93.png]
(09-08-2019, 06:11 PM)Christian Wrote: This gets suggested to be removed, but Brawny Brew doesn't?

Wack.

Brew gives like 30 health one time with a 10% move speed buff. Sandvich gives 100 and is near instant and can also do damage to other players.

Brew is more risky because people can usually tell when people have used it as animations and their movements are extremely quicker and will kill you for it
the way i see it, it makes a loud sound that can tell when someone's healing up.
in the middle of a gunfight, thats a clear sign for you to rush them with a buttfuck.
i personally dont think it should be removed outright, but rather stick it with an increased in-between heal time and lowered the amount of hp restored
(restores 25 per bite, tone it down to 15?)
...there's a sandvich?
[Image: giphy.gif]
(09-08-2019, 06:40 PM)f5 Wrote: Brew gives like 30 health one time with a 10% move speed buff. Sandvich gives 100 and is near instant and can also do damage to other players.

Brew is more risky because people can usually tell when people have used it as animations and their movements are extremely quicker and will kill you for it

I think you've overlooked the part where it "increases your speed." You can literally just crouch spam & strafe, and be literally unkillable. With the consideration of hitboxes being utter trash, the Brew is by far more broken than the Sandvich will ever be.

Edit: Oh not to mention, the HP you get from the Brew is Permanently added.  Easily abuseable as well. If somehow you've used 2 (either from a Detective or another Traitor) I wish you good luck.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]